Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Italy > Al Fresco
Reload this Page >

How to p*&s off Italians.

How to p*&s off Italians.

Old Aug 19th 2013, 9:48 am
BE Forum Addict

ononno has a reputation beyond reputeononno has a reputation beyond reputeononno has a reputation beyond reputeononno has a reputation beyond reputeononno has a reputation beyond reputeononno has a reputation beyond reputeononno has a reputation beyond reputeononno has a reputation beyond reputeononno has a reputation beyond reputeononno has a reputation beyond reputeononno has a reputation beyond repute
Talking How to p*&s off Italians.

Earlier today was having a nose around the 'Spain' board, always good for a laugh. Came across a link to a website that had a very amusing article on '10 ways to p*&s off' various nationalities. There was a very amusing one on how to upset Spaniards, and one equally amusing concerning Italians.

http://matadornetwork.com/abroad/how...of-an-italian/

If this copy and paste doesn't work, you can flame me; and then somehow get yourself on matador network to see the article.
ciao for now,
'o nonno

(it worked on my computer)

Last edited by ononno; Aug 19th 2013 at 9:49 am. Reason: added info
Old Aug 19th 2013, 5:09 pm
Dunroaming back in UK

Garbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: How to p*&s off Italians.

Originally Posted by ononno
Earlier today was having a nose around the 'Spain' board, always good for a laugh. Came across a link to a website that had a very amusing article on '10 ways to p*&s off' various nationalities. There was a very amusing one on how to upset Spaniards, and one equally amusing concerning Italians.

http://matadornetwork.com/abroad/how...of-an-italian/

If this copy and paste doesn't work, you can flame me; and then somehow get yourself on matador network to see the article.
ciao for now,
'o nonno

(it worked on my computer)
It works but I reckon we can do a better one between us
Old Aug 20th 2013, 7:05 pm
Forum Regular

covboy is an unknown quantity at this point

I'll tell you how i piss them off and i take great pleasure in it ,it's at those robbing toll booths which i hate with a passion ,i take as long as i can get away with getting my change out or pretending i'm a tourist and not understanding what they want until a huge queue forms behind me totally pissing off the attendent and winding up the impatient useless dangerous drivers behind me.
Childish ??? probably yes ,but gives me a little bit of perverse satisfaction as they get my Euro
Old Aug 20th 2013, 9:34 pm
BE Forum Addict

Isakat has a reputation beyond reputeIsakat has a reputation beyond reputeIsakat has a reputation beyond reputeIsakat has a reputation beyond reputeIsakat has a reputation beyond reputeIsakat has a reputation beyond reputeIsakat has a reputation beyond reputeIsakat has a reputation beyond reputeIsakat has a reputation beyond reputeIsakat has a reputation beyond reputeIsakat has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by covboy
I'll tell you how i piss them off and i take great pleasure in it ,it's at those robbing toll booths which i hate with a passion ,i take as long as i can get away with getting my change out or pretending i'm a tourist and not understanding what they want until a huge queue forms behind me totally pissing off the attendent and winding up the impatient useless dangerous drivers behind me.
Childish ??? probably yes ,but gives me a little bit of perverse satisfaction as they get my Euro
Ha, I p...ss them off when they tailgate me and I move off at a snail pace to the middle lane.
Old Aug 20th 2013, 9:54 pm

Lorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond repute

Tell them to mind their own business.

They thought they were doing that already so they get all offended that you might have offended them. The ones that think they are getting to know you have little notion of overstepping the line ..... until you do it to them and then they really are offended.

Such a great national idea of what respect is to themselevs but not what it means to others.
Old Aug 21st 2013, 7:18 am
BE Forum Addict

ononno has a reputation beyond reputeononno has a reputation beyond reputeononno has a reputation beyond reputeononno has a reputation beyond reputeononno has a reputation beyond reputeononno has a reputation beyond reputeononno has a reputation beyond reputeononno has a reputation beyond reputeononno has a reputation beyond reputeononno has a reputation beyond reputeononno has a reputation beyond repute

Well I manage to pee everybody off most days by (a) insisting that I am indeed still a British citizen and (b) insisting on sourcing Heinz salad cream to 'acconciare' my salads. Oh, and a defensive driving technique which means rigorous adherence to stop signs and traffic lights.
ciao for now,
'o nonno
Old Aug 21st 2013, 11:43 am
BE Forum Addict

Pica has a reputation beyond reputePica has a reputation beyond reputePica has a reputation beyond reputePica has a reputation beyond reputePica has a reputation beyond reputePica has a reputation beyond reputePica has a reputation beyond reputePica has a reputation beyond reputePica has a reputation beyond reputePica has a reputation beyond reputePica has a reputation beyond repute

.... and stopping at every zebra crossing
Old Aug 21st 2013, 11:45 am
BE Forum Addict

Pica has a reputation beyond reputePica has a reputation beyond reputePica has a reputation beyond reputePica has a reputation beyond reputePica has a reputation beyond reputePica has a reputation beyond reputePica has a reputation beyond reputePica has a reputation beyond reputePica has a reputation beyond reputePica has a reputation beyond reputePica has a reputation beyond repute

Actually, maybe because I live in the country all the Italians I know are kind and generous to the point of despair!!
Old Aug 21st 2013, 1:38 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by conniewalker
.... and stopping at every zebra crossing
Only if there are no scooteristi in my rear views!

Otherwise I could kill someone.
Old Aug 26th 2013, 9:28 am
BE Forum Addict

MarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud of

A tough one as Italians have hardly any civic or national pride at all.

The only thing that can get them going is the food, but if you say something against it it's always "well what do you inglesi know about food?!!?"

An English friend of mine recently said about a trip to Italy that she was glad to get home cos she was fed up with eating pasta and pizza every day. I told that to Itals and I got the above reaction.

I usually say things like Italians couldn't organise a p**s up in a brewery but they know that anyway.