Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Italy > Al Fresco
Reload this Page >

Health care efficiency!

Health care efficiency!

Old Feb 20th 2017, 4:17 pm
BE Forum Addict

philat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Health care efficiency!

I have been suffering some sciatica for the past month. I asked my GP on friday morning if I could have an MRI scan. She said I needed an X-ray first. I took the prescription to the pharmacy on Friday afternoon and they gave me a hospital appointment for Monday morning. I had the X-ray at 10am and the doctors report was ready on the internet after lunch with the two X-rays included. Incredible service.
Old Feb 22nd 2017, 9:52 am
BE Enthusiast

jonwel is a splendid one to beholdjonwel is a splendid one to beholdjonwel is a splendid one to beholdjonwel is a splendid one to beholdjonwel is a splendid one to beholdjonwel is a splendid one to beholdjonwel is a splendid one to beholdjonwel is a splendid one to beholdjonwel is a splendid one to beholdjonwel is a splendid one to beholdjonwel is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Health care efficiency!

Incredible indeed!

Here in Milan the health service is still not bad but in decline. The kind of timing you mention is unimaginable here. But I'm intrigued about getting the appointment through the pharmacy. Is that the system in Umbria? Not in Lombardia as far as I know.
Old Feb 23rd 2017, 7:25 am
Concierge

37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute

You can book appointments in the chemists in Turin, too. Don't know about Verona because we live next door to the hospital.
Old Feb 23rd 2017, 7:29 am
BE Forum Addict

ononno has a reputation beyond reputeononno has a reputation beyond reputeononno has a reputation beyond reputeononno has a reputation beyond reputeononno has a reputation beyond reputeononno has a reputation beyond reputeononno has a reputation beyond reputeononno has a reputation beyond reputeononno has a reputation beyond reputeononno has a reputation beyond reputeononno has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jonwel
Incredible indeed!

Here in Milan the health service is still not bad but in decline. The kind of timing you mention is unimaginable here. But I'm intrigued about getting the appointment through the pharmacy. Is that the system in Umbria? Not in Lombardia as far as I know.
Same down here in Campania, we go to the pharmacy, appointment made a and printed out, and off you go. Progress at last.
Old Feb 23rd 2017, 1:12 pm
BE Enthusiast

jonwel is a splendid one to beholdjonwel is a splendid one to beholdjonwel is a splendid one to beholdjonwel is a splendid one to beholdjonwel is a splendid one to beholdjonwel is a splendid one to beholdjonwel is a splendid one to beholdjonwel is a splendid one to beholdjonwel is a splendid one to beholdjonwel is a splendid one to beholdjonwel is a splendid one to behold

Well, I'll have to find out if it's possible here then.
Old Feb 23rd 2017, 1:36 pm
BE Forum Addict

philat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond repute

There is a computerised appointment system in Umbria called CUP. https://cup.regione.umbria.it/cup/
When you have the prescription from the doctor you can make your own appoinment on line and also pay your ticket. You can choose a hospital appointment from a list of hospitals offering their first possible access. Saves a lot of queueing.
Old Feb 24th 2017, 6:14 am
BE Enthusiast

Yes, we have that in Lombardia too.
Old Nov 1st 2017, 10:13 am
BE Forum Addict

HADENOUGHPIZZA has a reputation beyond reputeHADENOUGHPIZZA has a reputation beyond reputeHADENOUGHPIZZA has a reputation beyond reputeHADENOUGHPIZZA has a reputation beyond reputeHADENOUGHPIZZA has a reputation beyond reputeHADENOUGHPIZZA has a reputation beyond reputeHADENOUGHPIZZA has a reputation beyond reputeHADENOUGHPIZZA has a reputation beyond reputeHADENOUGHPIZZA has a reputation beyond reputeHADENOUGHPIZZA has a reputation beyond reputeHADENOUGHPIZZA has a reputation beyond repute

My 16 yr old daughter was run over on sunday afternoon and spent a couple of days in hospital as a result ( she's ok now ) . The local A&E did a great job and she was found a bed in the children's hospital , everyone was kind , professional and wiling to talk us though the procedures . During her MRI I was able to sit nearby and she was asked what colour lights she prefered, there was even a choice of menu on the ward and the food was good . I know that it may not be this way all over the country but I am so grateful that here in Parma we have this level of service .
Old Nov 1st 2017, 4:15 pm
BE Forum Addict

Geordieborn has a reputation beyond reputeGeordieborn has a reputation beyond reputeGeordieborn has a reputation beyond reputeGeordieborn has a reputation beyond reputeGeordieborn has a reputation beyond reputeGeordieborn has a reputation beyond reputeGeordieborn has a reputation beyond reputeGeordieborn has a reputation beyond reputeGeordieborn has a reputation beyond reputeGeordieborn has a reputation beyond reputeGeordieborn has a reputation beyond repute

Good to hear she is alright!
Old Nov 2nd 2017, 8:38 am
BE Forum Addict

ononno has a reputation beyond reputeononno has a reputation beyond reputeononno has a reputation beyond reputeononno has a reputation beyond reputeononno has a reputation beyond reputeononno has a reputation beyond reputeononno has a reputation beyond reputeononno has a reputation beyond reputeononno has a reputation beyond reputeononno has a reputation beyond reputeononno has a reputation beyond repute

Despite all the moans and groans , in both countries, the people on the ground such as doctors, nurses, paramedics etc. do a great job. As usual, it is the beurocratic administrations that screw it all up.
Old Nov 2nd 2017, 10:19 am

Lorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by HADENOUGHPIZZA
My 16 yr old daughter was run over on sunday afternoon and spent a couple of days in hospital as a result ( she's ok now ) . The local A&E did a great job and she was found a bed in the children's hospital , everyone was kind , professional and wiling to talk us though the procedures . During her MRI I was able to sit nearby and she was asked what colour lights she prefered, there was even a choice of menu on the ward and the food was good . I know that it may not be this way all over the country but I am so grateful that here in Parma we have this level of service .
Oh my God. The poor girl. So glad to hear that she's okay.
The hospital here were great with my Alex too when he ended up being kept in the paediatric ward. There were a few more nurses than usual coming to check on him because they all felt sorry for the little boy who'd had the shit kicked out of him by the bullies. I heard them talking amongst themselves about how disgusting it was. Unfortunately Alex wasn't allowed to eat anything in case he needed emergency surgery. There were only two beds in each room. Alex's room companion had had his appendix removed. They had a TV on the wall and it was Saturday so they watched Italy's Got Talent.
Old Nov 4th 2017, 4:38 pm
BE Enthusiast

pugliese is a jewel in the roughpugliese is a jewel in the roughpugliese is a jewel in the roughpugliese is a jewel in the roughpugliese is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by 37100
You can book appointments in the chemists in Turin, too. Don't know about Verona because we live next door to the hospital.
My daughter works in the Borgo Roma Hospital. Small world!
Old Nov 4th 2017, 4:48 pm
Concierge

37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by pugliese
My daughter works in the Borgo Roma Hospital. Small world!

Small world indeed! But I live on the better side of town so the hospital is Borgo Trento. Give me a shout if you ever come up for a visit.
Old Nov 4th 2017, 4:49 pm
Concierge

Originally Posted by HADENOUGHPIZZA

Sorry to hear this! Glad she is ok.
Old Jul 30th 2018, 6:01 pm
BE Forum Addict

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.