Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Italy > Al Fresco
Reload this Page >

Doggy bags / schiscetta reverse

Doggy bags / schiscetta reverse

Old Apr 3rd 2015, 8:28 am
BE Forum Addict

MarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud of
Default Doggy bags / schiscetta reverse

Never heard of schiscetta ..and the 'reverse' bit is sooo 'very bello'..

Doggy bag pushed to Italians - English - ANSA.it

Here it's quite common to take stuff home - left over fish, meat, pizza etc.
Old Apr 3rd 2015, 9:05 am

Lorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Doggy bags / schiscetta reverse

Plenty of people here take stuff home as well and so I have if the kids have left enough to be useful the next day. Pizza just goes into a pizza delivery box and food goes into a tin foil container. I've seen my friends ask for the bones to be put into a bag for the dog after a big grigliata mista.
Old Apr 3rd 2015, 5:03 pm
BE Enthusiast

highlander1 has a reputation beyond reputehighlander1 has a reputation beyond reputehighlander1 has a reputation beyond reputehighlander1 has a reputation beyond reputehighlander1 has a reputation beyond reputehighlander1 has a reputation beyond reputehighlander1 has a reputation beyond reputehighlander1 has a reputation beyond reputehighlander1 has a reputation beyond reputehighlander1 has a reputation beyond reputehighlander1 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Doggy bags / schiscetta reverse

Originally Posted by MarkRD
Never heard of [I]schiscetta [/I]..and the 'reverse' bit is sooo 'very bello'..

Doggy bag pushed to Italians - English - ANSA.it

Here it's quite common to take stuff home - left over fish, meat, pizza etc.
Traditionally a container with folding handle to take to work with one's lunch inside.
Used in the past.
Name from Milan and Lombardy.