Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Italy > Al Fresco
Reload this Page >

Crappy Italian adverts and TV

Crappy Italian adverts and TV

Old Jul 2nd 2014, 7:10 am
BE Enthusiast

primularossa has a reputation beyond reputeprimularossa has a reputation beyond reputeprimularossa has a reputation beyond reputeprimularossa has a reputation beyond reputeprimularossa has a reputation beyond reputeprimularossa has a reputation beyond reputeprimularossa has a reputation beyond reputeprimularossa has a reputation beyond reputeprimularossa has a reputation beyond reputeprimularossa has a reputation beyond reputeprimularossa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Crappy Italian adverts and TV

Oh no, I bet what you want that they did it by purpose, to get the attention and also - you are right - to stress the fact that Costner is a foreigner. Only a kid would say "cosi' buonissimo". It is a mistake that no adult would make.
ciao, Primula

----------------------

Originally Posted by Lorna at Vicenza
Well I'm glad that I am right.

Not sure if the advert makers got it wrong or if they deliberately made this mistake because Costner is an American.

Still a shit advert and still a crappy voice over.
Old Jul 2nd 2014, 7:14 am

Lorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: TALK THE TALK. ITALIAN LANGUAGE QUESTIONS.

.... and whilst I'm whinging about Italian adverts, what the heck has being gay got to do with cooking Findus frozen food pyramids or whatever the shit they are?
Old Jul 2nd 2014, 7:16 am
BE Forum Addict

MarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud of

Still a shit advert and still a crappy voice over.
Like so many Italian TV adverts it's "childish", made as if they are trying to sell to children, a real insult to the thinking adult.
That's my impression anyway.

..and what about the Conad guy? ..I'm never sure how much auto-ironia there is in those adverts..or if they really do want us to believe that there's a man who goes and checks the fruit & veg. in the wee hours.

sorry, OT .. maybe we should start and Al Fresco thread on Crap Italian adverts!
Old Jul 2nd 2014, 7:19 am
BE Enthusiast

primularossa has a reputation beyond reputeprimularossa has a reputation beyond reputeprimularossa has a reputation beyond reputeprimularossa has a reputation beyond reputeprimularossa has a reputation beyond reputeprimularossa has a reputation beyond reputeprimularossa has a reputation beyond reputeprimularossa has a reputation beyond reputeprimularossa has a reputation beyond reputeprimularossa has a reputation beyond reputeprimularossa has a reputation beyond repute

.... and whilst I'm whinging about Italian adverts, what the heck has being gay got to do with cooking Findus frozen food pyramids or whatever the shit they are?
I didn't see this ad, but I suppose it is the same: to capture the attention, pro or cons gay, to stimulate the debate about what's the image of a family - to break the rules.....usually, in ads you see a happy family, middle class, a blond mother younger than the father, rigorously two kids, a male older than the girl.....the mum serves at the table....
Ikea has been the first to show a gay couple setting up their new home....now other follow.....
Old Jul 2nd 2014, 7:21 am

Lorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond repute
Default Crappy Italian adverts and TV

Going to attempt to move the last posts over from the talk thread .........
Old Jul 2nd 2014, 7:24 am

Default Re: Crappy Italian adverts and TV

Well it worked - maybe not in the right order, but they did get moved
Old Jul 2nd 2014, 7:29 am
BE Forum Addict

MarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud of

Well done Lorna!

yes, the gay thing is another "gimmick" trying to be gay-friendly and also a talking point even though you might not even remember the product!

IKEA's was much more subtle by the way.
Old Jul 2nd 2014, 7:46 am

If I went to my son's house and got served some frozen kind of risotto in a pyramid, square, circle, pentagon, I wouldn't be all accepting that he'd just come out the closet and introduced me to his boyfriend. I'd be berating his cooking and telling him that I taught him better than that.

The only Italian adverts that I ever remember thinking were nice, were the Mulino Bianco ones when they "turned" some of Italy's well known cities into corn fields and poppy fields. That was ages and ages ago.
Old Jul 2nd 2014, 7:49 am
BE Forum Addict

If I went to my son's house and got served some frozen kind of risotto in a pyramid, square, circle, pentagon, I wouldn't be all accepting that he'd just come out the closet and introduced me to his boyfriend. I'd be berating his cooking and telling him that I taught him better than that.
Yes, in that respect it's not very Italian at all. Perhaps it's a pan-European thing with them being a multinational.
Old Jul 2nd 2014, 7:51 am

Originally Posted by MarkRD
Yes, in that respect it's not very Italian at all. Perhaps it's a pan-European thing with them being a multinational.
After putting horse meat in their "beef" lasagna they should be coming up with some exceptional adverts.
Old Jul 2nd 2014, 8:07 am
Concierge

37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute

After the Barilla fiasco, to me, this smacks of 'holier than thou'.
Old Jul 14th 2014, 10:07 am
BE Forum Addict

OK so how about the 'dumb blonde' who accidentally drops her expensive suitcase into the sea while parachuting down..only to have it recovered by some hunk who emerges from the waves while she awaits, scantily clad, on the beach?

I mean...you couldn't make it up. Although someone obviously did.
Old Jul 14th 2014, 10:21 am
BE Forum Addict

HADENOUGHPIZZA has a reputation beyond reputeHADENOUGHPIZZA has a reputation beyond reputeHADENOUGHPIZZA has a reputation beyond reputeHADENOUGHPIZZA has a reputation beyond reputeHADENOUGHPIZZA has a reputation beyond reputeHADENOUGHPIZZA has a reputation beyond reputeHADENOUGHPIZZA has a reputation beyond reputeHADENOUGHPIZZA has a reputation beyond reputeHADENOUGHPIZZA has a reputation beyond reputeHADENOUGHPIZZA has a reputation beyond reputeHADENOUGHPIZZA has a reputation beyond repute

But you remember it , its stuck in your mind and therefore done its job ! you'll be buying one in no time
Old Jul 14th 2014, 11:27 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by HADENOUGHPIZZA
But you remember it , its stuck in your mind and therefore done its job ! you'll be buying one in no time
erm. No. I'd rather have that one that gets caught between two cars without getting squashed .. or is it the same one?

There you are you see...I never remember the make.
Old Jul 16th 2014, 1:05 pm
Pull my finger

duffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond repute

I'd buy the dumb blonde.
And if I'm feeling kinky, the hunk as well.
In the meantime I need to buy some Lavassa Olo coffee I saw advertised by some Chinese folk.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.