Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Rest of the World > Africa
Reload this Page >

Zimbabwe - what future??

Zimbabwe - what future??

Old Apr 2nd 2008, 2:07 pm
BE Forum Addict

Pablo has a reputation beyond reputePablo has a reputation beyond reputePablo has a reputation beyond reputePablo has a reputation beyond reputePablo has a reputation beyond reputePablo has a reputation beyond reputePablo has a reputation beyond reputePablo has a reputation beyond reputePablo has a reputation beyond reputePablo has a reputation beyond reputePablo has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Zimbabwe - what future??

I recall, not so long ago, watching a BBC documentary made by a trendy black American academic who had gone to Africa to 'discover his roots' along with his two daughters. There was a memorable scene where he was sitting on a train in Zimbabwe. He asked two local black Zimbabweans how it felt to be free, or something to that effect. They responded that things were better under Ian Smith. The American was appalled.
Old Apr 2nd 2008, 2:31 pm
Happily hungover

1066 has a reputation beyond repute1066 has a reputation beyond repute1066 has a reputation beyond repute1066 has a reputation beyond repute1066 has a reputation beyond repute1066 has a reputation beyond repute1066 has a reputation beyond repute1066 has a reputation beyond repute1066 has a reputation beyond repute1066 has a reputation beyond repute1066 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by pgtips
Whilst whites, which make up only less than 5% of the population of Zimbabwe lived like kings, the black African, the true indeginous people lived in squalor and dire poverty !!!
It's nice to see that you are still reading books ..... and that you are still as way off the mark as ever.

You really should take a trip out to Africa, and experience first-hand how people are living ..... people who have had independence for decades.

But of course, you will only see what you want to see.
Old Apr 2nd 2008, 2:36 pm

pgtips has a reputation beyond reputepgtips has a reputation beyond reputepgtips has a reputation beyond reputepgtips has a reputation beyond reputepgtips has a reputation beyond reputepgtips has a reputation beyond reputepgtips has a reputation beyond reputepgtips has a reputation beyond reputepgtips has a reputation beyond reputepgtips has a reputation beyond reputepgtips has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by 1066
It's nice to see that you are still reading books ..... and that you are still as way off the mark as ever.

You really should take a trip out to Africa, and experience first-hand how people are living ..... people who have had independence for decades.

But of course, you will only see what you want to see.
How the children of the wicked insist on defending them, I suppose that is what is called blind loyalty !!!
Old Apr 2nd 2008, 2:38 pm

pgtips has a reputation beyond reputepgtips has a reputation beyond reputepgtips has a reputation beyond reputepgtips has a reputation beyond reputepgtips has a reputation beyond reputepgtips has a reputation beyond reputepgtips has a reputation beyond reputepgtips has a reputation beyond reputepgtips has a reputation beyond reputepgtips has a reputation beyond reputepgtips has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pablo
I recall, not so long ago, watching a BBC documentary made by a trendy black American academic who had gone to Africa to 'discover his roots' along with his two daughters. There was a memorable scene where he was sitting on a train in Zimbabwe. He asked two local black Zimbabweans how it felt to be free, or something to that effect. They responded that things were better under Ian Smith. The American was appalled.
Pablo I will ask you a straight question, do you agree that the Ian Smith regime and the just as disgusting apartheid regime were a shame to humanity ? Please answer the question.
Old Apr 2nd 2008, 2:47 pm
BE Forum Addict

Pablo has a reputation beyond reputePablo has a reputation beyond reputePablo has a reputation beyond reputePablo has a reputation beyond reputePablo has a reputation beyond reputePablo has a reputation beyond reputePablo has a reputation beyond reputePablo has a reputation beyond reputePablo has a reputation beyond reputePablo has a reputation beyond reputePablo has a reputation beyond repute

Pablo I will ask you a straight question, do you agree that the Ian Smith regime and the just as disgusting apartheid regime were a shame to humanity ? Please answer the question.
The Ian Smith 'regime' and South Africa's 'separate development' were responses to post-WWII pressure from the West to introduce Western style democracy to Africa. African whites claimed it would lead to the kind of chaos and barbarism it has now led to, with tribal politics, corruption, race-based deportations, and so on. So they resisted. The West should have kept out of intefering in what it did not understand. Now look at the mess. But they were like you - angry know-nothings full of empty slogans, with more emotion than reason. And where are they now? Still interfering. Still wrecking everything they touch, then shrugging their shoulders and moving on to the next big cause.

Last edited by Pablo; Apr 2nd 2008 at 2:50 pm.
Old Apr 2nd 2008, 2:58 pm

The Ian Smith 'regime' and South Africa's 'separate development' were responses to post-WWII pressure from the West to introduce Western style democracy to Africa. African whites claimed it would lead to the kind of chaos and barbarism it has now led to, with tribal politics, corruption, race-based deportations, and so on. So they resisted. The West should have kept out of intefering in what it did not understand. Now look at the mess. But they were like you - angry know-nothings full of empty slogans, with more emotion than reason.
Pablo, I will ask you one last time for all to hear and see.
Do you renounce the disgusting Ian Smith regime and equally disgusting S.A. apartheid regime ?

This is your last chance to unburden yourself with this shame you are carrying.

Finish the sentence off.

I Pablo am totally ashamed of the actions of my ancestors for the disgraceful behaviour and brutal barbaric nature in which they ruled Zimbabwe and South Africa. I would publicly like to ask for the forgiveness of the black Africans which we made their live a living hell to feed our lust for greed and power irrespective of their tremendous suffering.
I bow my head in shame for all to see, that I have become a humble man who has learned the errors of his ways and now realise that all men are created equal under God regardless of their skin colour

Signed.........

You do the rest pablo ?
Old Apr 2nd 2008, 3:01 pm
BE Forum Addict

Pablo, I will ask you one last time for all to hear and see.
Do you renounce the disgusting Ian Smith regime and equally disgusting S.A. apartheid regime ?

This is your last chance to unburden yourself with this shame you are carrying.

Finish the sentence off.

I Pablo am totally ashamed of the actions of my ancestors for the disgraceful behaviour and brutal barbaric nature in which they ruled Zimbabwe and South Africa. I would publicly like to ask for the forgiveness of the black Africans which we made their live a living hell to feed our lust for greed and power irrespective of their tremendous suffering.
I bow my head in shame for all to see, that I have become a humble man who has learned the errors of his ways and now realise that all men are created equal under God regardless of their skin colour

Signed.........

You do the rest pablo ?
Oh dear. I think you need to get a grip.
Old Apr 2nd 2008, 3:13 pm

Oh dear. I think you need to get a grip.
Pablo, pride cometh before fall. One day we will all have to answer for our actions, good or bad. You can run from your guilt, but it will follow you round until you unburden yourself with this wicked noose still hanging over you.

Just like a pervert the shame will never leave you until you repent and ask the victim for forgiveness and then ask God for forgiveness.

Do the right thing Pablo, or carry the guilt with you forever more.

You can run from Zimbabwe, You can run from South Africa, you can all go and hide in Australia with the money you can get together.........

But the guilt will still be eating away at you.....

Repent.....Repent.... and wipe away the shame.
Old Apr 2nd 2008, 3:18 pm
BE Forum Addict

Pablo, pride cometh before fall. One day we will all have to answer for our actions, good or bad. You can run from your guilt, but it will follow you round until you unburden yourself with this wicked noose still hanging over you.

Just like a pervert the shame will never leave you until you repent and ask the victim for forgiveness and then ask God for forgiveness.

Do the right thing Pablo, or carry the guilt with you forever more.

You can run from Zimbabwe, You can run from South Africa, you can all go and hide in Australia with the money you can get together.........

...Amen.
Old Apr 2nd 2008, 3:27 pm

...Amen.
I take this as a public admission of recognising and releasing the shame off your back.

Good for you Pablo, the first steps are always the hardest, but I am proud of you and wish you all the best in life.

I hope some others will now see the errors of their ways and follow Pablo's example and repent also.

Pablo keep in touch...
Old Apr 2nd 2008, 3:29 pm
BE Forum Addict

I take this as a public admission of recognising and releasing the shame off your back.
Then you misunderstood. It was public admission that you are barking mad.
Old Apr 2nd 2008, 3:29 pm
Happily hungover

1066 has a reputation beyond repute1066 has a reputation beyond repute1066 has a reputation beyond repute1066 has a reputation beyond repute1066 has a reputation beyond repute1066 has a reputation beyond repute1066 has a reputation beyond repute1066 has a reputation beyond repute1066 has a reputation beyond repute1066 has a reputation beyond repute1066 has a reputation beyond repute

You need help .... really. You are living in la-la land.
Old Apr 2nd 2008, 3:38 pm

Then you misunderstood. It was public admission that you are barking mad.
Pablo, do not spoil it now and bow to peer pressure. It takes a real man to make a public apology and admit guilt and I admired you for that. You have set an example and believe it or not others will follow your leadership and start unburdening themselves.
Old Apr 2nd 2008, 3:39 pm

You need help .... really. You are living in la-la land.

You need to repent and beg for forgiveness.... do it now before it is too late...
Old Apr 2nd 2008, 4:22 pm

Go and screw yourself, nutter.
The truth hurts !!! Well just carry on living with your shame. Do you actually have to work for a living now ? No more ill gotten, immoral wealth to brag about ? Ah, what a pity, you have to operate on a level playing field now, no more massa's privilages for you ?

You can act brave on here, but lets be honest, like a lot of others you cry yourself to sleep, the burden of your shame wieghing heavy on your heart. Go on, run to the land of the black Aboriginies now and start trying to re-enact your apartheid fantasies, Oh but look out for the boomerangs, remember they were there first !!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.