Are you mad??

Old Apr 8th 2005, 1:17 pm
Gone Walkabout

Scouse is just really niceScouse is just really niceScouse is just really niceScouse is just really niceScouse is just really niceScouse is just really niceScouse is just really niceScouse is just really niceScouse is just really niceScouse is just really nice
Default Are you mad??

Having spent 21 years in SA, between 1975-1996, I can't believe that people are still thinking that SA is a safe place to be.

1). 40,000 murders a year

2). Innumerable rapes, mostly from HIV infected perpetrators

3). Uncountable burglaries .......etc

SA is a fantastic country. It gets into your blood. The scenery is out of this world. Most of the people are lovely. The weather is great.

Is it safe?? NO!!!

Be prepared. It is your choice.
Old Apr 8th 2005, 9:43 pm
Professional Princess

Default Re: Are you mad??

Originally Posted by Scouse
Having spent 21 years in SA, between 1975-1996, I can't believe that people are still thinking that SA is a safe place to be.

1). 40,000 murders a year

2). Innumerable rapes, mostly from HIV infected perpetrators

3). Uncountable burglaries .......etc

SA is a fantastic country. It gets into your blood. The scenery is out of this world. Most of the people are lovely. The weather is great.

Is it safe?? NO!!!

Be prepared. It is your choice.
These facts have worried me, especially as I am looking into safari holidays in Namibia to film some wildlife.

I feel 'drawn to Africa' with regards to photographing and filming the big cats etc.

But I would be lying if I said I wasnt nervous.

Do you know if you go on an organised safari holiday, we are looking for 14 days camping safari in Namibia, how risky is that?

Old Apr 8th 2005, 10:17 pm
Account Closed

TouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really nice

Originally Posted by Professional Princess
These facts have worried me, especially as I am looking into safari holidays in Namibia to film some wildlife.

I feel 'drawn to Africa' with regards to photographing and filming the big cats etc.

But I would be lying if I said I wasnt nervous.

Do you know if you go on an organised safari holiday, we are looking for 14 days camping safari in Namibia, how risky is that?
You DO realize that you're looking at two completely different countries?
Old Apr 8th 2005, 10:23 pm
Professional Princess

Originally Posted by izibear
You DO realize that you're looking at two completely different countries?

I know that, but I have heard reports there has been trouble there, I know you have to be careful, I was just wondering if anybody knew or had any experience of it.

Old Apr 9th 2005, 7:41 am
Gone Walkabout

Scouse is just really niceScouse is just really niceScouse is just really niceScouse is just really niceScouse is just really niceScouse is just really niceScouse is just really niceScouse is just really niceScouse is just really niceScouse is just really nice

I know that, but I have heard reports there has been trouble there, I know you have to be careful, I was just wondering if anybody knew or had any experience of it.
It is a difficult one to answer, Princess. You may spend years there and be quite safe, or get mugged (or worse) on your first night in town.

I know the Safari companies take as many precautions as is humanly possible, but they can't get it right every time.

Try this link for Namibian newspaper reports - http://www.namibian.com.na/

Enjoy your Safari!!

Scouse

P.S. - beautiful Avatar, by the way!

Last edited by Scouse; Apr 9th 2005 at 7:51 am.
Old Apr 9th 2005, 7:49 pm
Professional Princess

Originally Posted by Scouse
It is a difficult one to answer, Princess. You may spend years there and be quite safe, or get mugged (or worse) on your first night in town.

I know the Safari companies take as many precautions as is humanly possible, but they can't get it right every time.

Try this link for Namibian newspaper reports - http://www.namibian.com.na/

Enjoy your Safari!!

Scouse

P.S. - beautiful Avatar, by the way!
Thanks so much for your reply Scouse.

I went to London Zoo today, I know the animals are well cared for, my mate works there, but there is nothing like seeing them where they belong.

I shall send you karma as soon as Im allowed.

Old Apr 16th 2005, 8:48 pm
Just Joined

Minca is on a distinguished road

A safari holiday or any holiday to South Africa or Nambia is a worthwhile experience. I was in Namibia 3 years ago and felt much safer there than I do in South Africa. I don't now much about safaris in Namibia but a very beautiful place, by all accounts, to look at is the Okavango swamps in Botswana.

Tourism is a major industry in Southern Africa and tourists are well looked after. As with any other country there are go and no go areas and you just need to make sure that you find out about them before you leave.