Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Rest of the World > Africa
Reload this Page >

Why bad mouth South Africa? Campbell, Touristrap??

Why bad mouth South Africa? Campbell, Touristrap??

Old May 17th 2007, 10:31 pm

Kitten24 is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Re: Why bad mouth South Africa? Campbell, Touristrap??

Originally Posted by Nomad_H
Well Kitty, I lived in Aussie for 6 years and I think if you go there with right attitude you'll do ok. Cardinal rule, dont try to build your little piece of your own country and isolate yourselves. Mingle with the Aussies of your own class and intelligence level and you'll find they are a great bunch, and give it time.
Good luck
Thanks for the advice.
Old May 18th 2007, 11:10 am
Forum Regular

Irelandexile has a brilliant futureIrelandexile has a brilliant futureIrelandexile has a brilliant futureIrelandexile has a brilliant futureIrelandexile has a brilliant futureIrelandexile has a brilliant future
Default Re: Why bad mouth South Africa? Campbell, Touristrap??

Originally Posted by duglambier
Are you SURE the situation is horrific in SA as whole, even in North-West, or cities around the Garden Routes ?
I know I cannot compare France to SA as crime in SA is much higher, but those telling me France Sucks with crimes, robberies, burning-cars due to what is happening in Paris Suburbs, Lille-South, Lyon, Marseille-North, Bordeaux-Docks, Dreux, Mantes-La-Jolie would make me laugh.

You cannot Compare Venissieux (a crappy-hole) to Tours, Provence, Languedoc, Senlis, Niort or Auvergne.

A country means diversity.
Please talk to an Australian to Compare the West Coast to the East Coast.
Doug , this eternal question of yours has been asked and answered to you on all the forums you lurk on!
Yes it is that bad!! And worse.

When you have experienced life in South Africa, have had 4 savages with guns at your head, not knowing what is going to happen to you , your wife and child, then come back and tell me how bad it is , until then stop irritating people who have experienced it with your so called knowledge of life in SA and your minimizing the reality of crime.
Old May 18th 2007, 8:10 pm
Forum Regular

hahahaha is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Irelandexile
The reality is that most South Africans do not want to confront the truth about South Africa, and therefore pretend it does not exist or worse that if you were a victim of crime -somehow it was your fault - you were not careful enough.
South Africans exaggerate crime more than any other race. Just look at this thread!
Old May 18th 2007, 8:17 pm
Forum Regular

And my friend, it aint improving and it wont.
Strange then that the murder rate, the one reliable crime stat, continues to drop year after year.
Old May 18th 2007, 8:20 pm
Account Closed

TouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really nice

Originally Posted by hahahaha
Strange then that the murder rate, the one reliable crime stat, continues to drop year after year.
Oh, look who is back..Stormer, and with his typically pathetic red herrings again....
Old May 18th 2007, 8:26 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Kitten24
One of my British friends recently told me to never go back to SA as she had heard that little girls were being raped to cure people of Aids, I replied that it had been going on for years, she was shocked that it had been covered up this long.
When was that covered up? It's been reported internationally for years.

Just my two cents, though your posts are markedly less sensationalist than many of the others 'Kitten'.
Old May 18th 2007, 8:29 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by TouristTrap
Oh, look who is back..Stormer, and with his typically pathetic red herrings again....
Hey! It's you why...quit trying to get people to back you up!

Show us your sources for my 'red herrings' and then we can all get along...
Old May 18th 2007, 8:37 pm
---------

Nomad_H has a reputation beyond reputeNomad_H has a reputation beyond reputeNomad_H has a reputation beyond reputeNomad_H has a reputation beyond reputeNomad_H has a reputation beyond reputeNomad_H has a reputation beyond reputeNomad_H has a reputation beyond reputeNomad_H has a reputation beyond reputeNomad_H has a reputation beyond reputeNomad_H has a reputation beyond reputeNomad_H has a reputation beyond repute

I checked your profile. there's absolutely nothing in there!
Just like your head!
It's a bit like writing an anonymous letter, because you don't have the balls to put your name down!
Old May 18th 2007, 8:53 pm
Forum Regular

I checked your profile. there's absolutely nothing in there!
Just like your head!
It's a bit like writing an anonymous letter, because you don't have the balls to put your name down!
Whether I have a profile or not is irrelevant and not a measure of courage.

You say I have nothing in my head yet it seems I'm the only one posting facts around here.

Despite your stupid post I assume you disagree?
Old May 18th 2007, 9:10 pm
---------

Nomad_H has a reputation beyond reputeNomad_H has a reputation beyond reputeNomad_H has a reputation beyond reputeNomad_H has a reputation beyond reputeNomad_H has a reputation beyond reputeNomad_H has a reputation beyond reputeNomad_H has a reputation beyond reputeNomad_H has a reputation beyond reputeNomad_H has a reputation beyond reputeNomad_H has a reputation beyond reputeNomad_H has a reputation beyond repute

Whether I have a profile or not is irrelevant and not a measure of courage.

You say I have nothing in my head yet it seems I'm the only one posting facts around here.

Despite your stupid post I assume you disagree?
No I don't say you have nothing in your head. Your posts do that for you.
How are things in Soweto?
Old May 18th 2007, 9:24 pm
Forum Regular

No I don't say you have nothing in your head. Your posts do that for you.
How are things in Soweto?
Instead of fault-finding why don't you answer my queries?
Old May 18th 2007, 9:38 pm
Banned

Campbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to behold

When was that covered up? It's been reported internationally for years.
So when is something getting done about the slaughter of babies ?

It has been going on for years, it is the African culture

When do it stop ?
Old May 18th 2007, 9:40 pm
Banned

Campbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to behold

Another request for links and stats ?

Ha ha ha ha
Old May 18th 2007, 9:41 pm
---------

Instead of fault-finding why don't you answer my queries?
As you have suggested, I am somewhat of a simpleton, so humour me please!
My humble question is: If, as you suggest, things are improving in SA, why are FIFA considering their decision to hold the Football World Cup in SA? I think it is 2010.
But already there is a lobby to change the venue.
Hardly a symptom of an improving situation wouldn't you think?
I'll just go back in my dunce's corner and dream up the next stupid post!
Old May 18th 2007, 9:41 pm
Forum Regular

sa2oz will become famous soon enoughsa2oz will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by Campbells
G’day mate.
Well tie me kangaroo down sport.
Shouldn’t you be leading from the front?
As you are well aware it would be a better plan for the governments and responsible parties to make SA a safe place to live. Maybe then people would be interested in living there and becoming citizens.

Maybe you too would consider returning to live there?

Hey, why did you leave SA?
I did lead from the front. I was actively involved in Community police forums, neighbourhood watch, I voted, was a police reservist for 4 years and did guard duty in townships and international sports events. I saw and was directly involved in stopping several violent crimes involving guns knives sticks and penis. I saw more violence than was healthy for most. Was stabbed punched shot at and did some shooting back. I councelled people who were on the verge of suicide, due to business loss, drug addiction, alcolism. So dont make the presumption that because you put a few anti posts on this forum that you are assisting more than i did!
But having moved, I have also moved on and made a life here.
I miss South Africa, know all the problems as do many, but just dont feel quite as obsessed with living with a foot in a past life. My future is here now, for better or worse. I say to my son, "look where you are going and not where youve been". I visit the forum less often and mainly to help people achieve their objectives, not mine. I found it useful as a source of information if you can wade through all the stuff you are not really looking for . As such I feel a duty to pass on any help I can where other posts dont answer the questions asked.
Having said that I think it admirable that you feel it your duty to single handely stop migration and tourism to South Africa based on your bad experience a few years ago and reading to much IOL and news24 etc.

Last edited by sa2oz; May 18th 2007 at 9:52 pm.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.