Visiting Zimbabwe

Old Mar 17th 2008, 7:34 pm
Banned

Campbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Visiting Zimbabwe

Originally Posted by shiftdelete
Nothing wrong with most Rhodesians- thats all. They did a fair job at building that country up. Many of them are still there because they're gutsy people and at independance most of them considered themselves Zimbabwean, myself included.

Please don't attempt to mock someone on the basis that they are a 'rhodie' because you obviously have absolutely no idea what they represent and what sacrifices they have made.

Thank you. Now I feel like puking quietly in the corner in utter disgust.

Rick,

You are bouncing around all over the place; on a hot tin roof is what comes to mind.

In another post you were saying that everybody lives where they do – for money.

We have a lot of friends in South Africa where people are getting slaughtered all around them, their basic infrastructure (electricity) is falling apart and when we talk to them straight and ask them why they don’t leave, normally the reply is they are making a sh1tlload of money
Old Mar 17th 2008, 7:35 pm
BE Forum Addict

newshoney has a reputation beyond reputenewshoney has a reputation beyond reputenewshoney has a reputation beyond reputenewshoney has a reputation beyond reputenewshoney has a reputation beyond reputenewshoney has a reputation beyond reputenewshoney has a reputation beyond reputenewshoney has a reputation beyond reputenewshoney has a reputation beyond reputenewshoney has a reputation beyond reputenewshoney has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Mitzyboy
Can we stop attacking peoples character on each thread and stick to debating the subject.
Thankyou. I wondered whether a mod was watching.

Pace my posting on the other Zim thread (kicked off by none other than Campbells with that curious letter), it should surely be possible for us to have a reasoned exchange of views - both from those who were born or grew up in Rhodesia/Zimbabwe and from those who currently live there/have recently visited/care about the place.

Each snapshot reflects one person's reality... one perspective of a very complex situation. What I saw in Matabeleland North may not be true of Gweru or Masvingo... what Rick sees in Harare may not be true of Bulawayo... but the point of a forum like this is that we all get to share and if we do so with a bit of respect and courtesy, it makes for a more pleasant experience for all.
Old Mar 17th 2008, 7:37 pm
Banned

Campbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Rick b
Do you actually read the articles or just post them?

If you bothered to read them you would see that the UK government agrees that for the majority (NOT ALL) of Zimbabweans the bad economic situation there does not mean they are in danger and have a right to claim asylum.
Ah ha ha ha

Politly saying

Please go to uncle THabo is South Africa, him and mad Bob are buddies
Old Mar 17th 2008, 7:40 pm
Banned

Originally Posted by newshoney
Thankyou. I wondered whether a mod was watching.

Pace my posting on the other Zim thread (kicked off by none other than Campbells with that curious letter), it should surely be possible for us to have a reasoned exchange of views - both from those who were born or grew up in Rhodesia/Zimbabwe and from those who currently live there/have recently visited/care about the place.

Each snapshot reflects one person's reality... one perspective of a very complex situation. What I saw in Matabeleland North may not be true of Gweru or Masvingo... what Rick sees in Harare may not be true of Bulawayo... but the point of a forum like this is that we all get to share and if we do so with a bit of respect and courtesy, it makes for a more pleasant experience for all.

I don't have the authority to "kick off"

That's the mods job

Last edited by Campbells; Mar 17th 2008 at 9:24 pm.
Old Mar 17th 2008, 7:43 pm
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Campbells

That's the mods job
Old Mar 17th 2008, 7:46 pm
BE Forum Addict

Pablo has a reputation beyond reputePablo has a reputation beyond reputePablo has a reputation beyond reputePablo has a reputation beyond reputePablo has a reputation beyond reputePablo has a reputation beyond reputePablo has a reputation beyond reputePablo has a reputation beyond reputePablo has a reputation beyond reputePablo has a reputation beyond reputePablo has a reputation beyond repute

That's the mods job
I think she meant 'kick off' in the sense of 'begin' rather than 'ban from the list' etc.
Old Mar 17th 2008, 8:50 pm
BE Forum Addict

newshoney has a reputation beyond reputenewshoney has a reputation beyond reputenewshoney has a reputation beyond reputenewshoney has a reputation beyond reputenewshoney has a reputation beyond reputenewshoney has a reputation beyond reputenewshoney has a reputation beyond reputenewshoney has a reputation beyond reputenewshoney has a reputation beyond reputenewshoney has a reputation beyond reputenewshoney has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pablo
I think she meant 'kick off' in the sense of 'begin' rather than 'ban from the list' etc.
Pablo, you redeem yourself.
Old Mar 17th 2008, 8:53 pm
Nuts and Bolts

Tegwyn has a reputation beyond reputeTegwyn has a reputation beyond reputeTegwyn has a reputation beyond reputeTegwyn has a reputation beyond reputeTegwyn has a reputation beyond reputeTegwyn has a reputation beyond reputeTegwyn has a reputation beyond reputeTegwyn has a reputation beyond reputeTegwyn has a reputation beyond reputeTegwyn has a reputation beyond reputeTegwyn has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by newshoney
Pablo, you redeem yourself.
Old Mar 17th 2008, 9:26 pm
Banned

Thank you

Sorry I missed placing my little laughing friends after the comment

Have edited
Old Mar 17th 2008, 9:28 pm
Banned

Originally Posted by Mitzyboy
Sorry mate
Old Mar 17th 2008, 9:38 pm

Redlippie is just really niceRedlippie is just really niceRedlippie is just really niceRedlippie is just really niceRedlippie is just really niceRedlippie is just really niceRedlippie is just really niceRedlippie is just really nice

I'm a Rhodie and proud of it.

My parents helped to build a country that was the envy of the entire continent of Africa - fed themselves, most of the continent and even managed to feed a chunk of Europe.

Built a hydro-electric power station that is second to none. Had fantastic education for ALL its people, etc..etc....

Now it is the a shameful place - the begging bowl is out, whatever industry and commerce it once had is about disappeared, it cannot feed its people, cannot supply the basic necessities of life but hey, there are some who can make a fortune there still. Ignore what is going on about you, and grab at the $$$ as long as you can.

I knew quite a few South Africans who made a fortune in Angola during the war. Nothing immoral about it, I suppose.
Old Mar 18th 2008, 12:05 am

Redlippie is just really niceRedlippie is just really niceRedlippie is just really niceRedlippie is just really niceRedlippie is just really niceRedlippie is just really niceRedlippie is just really niceRedlippie is just really nice

Geez, for a non-attack, the entire post sure reads like one to me.....
Old Mar 18th 2008, 12:17 am
Forum Regular

Rick b is just really niceRick b is just really niceRick b is just really niceRick b is just really niceRick b is just really niceRick b is just really niceRick b is just really niceRick b is just really niceRick b is just really niceRick b is just really niceRick b is just really nice

Originally Posted by Redlippie
I don't believe I referred to you in that post?

Up until now I thought Yoda was a fictional character
Funny that, up until the last census in the UK, Jedi was thought to be a fictional religion.
Old Mar 18th 2008, 12:27 am
Banned

Originally Posted by Rick b
As the Moderator has said he/she will stop any further attacks thankfully I will answer your post.

In your first post you pasted a letter that has been widely derided as exaggerated and factually incorrect. I pointed this out.

You started the thread as an attempt to show how bad the country of Zimbabwe is. I merely pointed out that your source was actually known to be factually wrong. If anyone who does not know this forum looked at threads started by you, they would get the impression South Africa and Zimbabwe are the worst hell holes on earth. I simply don't see why you have to attack anyone who has different experiences of Africa to you. I and many friends have a completely different experience to that which you tell, so why do we not have the right to give our experiences either?

It is not only my opinion that South Africa is a hell hole and for that matter why millions of Zimbabweians are flocking to the South African hell hole.

On your points from the other thread for example:

1. Marketing and selling are very similar. Again - to market you need details of what to market. As I haven't put any details of my business (and won't) plus the Moderators have not told me I have gone against any terms of this site of which advertising is one. I think it's for them to say whether I have been marketing and not you isn't it?

There is a direct relation between marketing & selling. You may want to chose another label for it but you are certainly tyring to paint this rosey picture of Zimbabwe.

2. "It is obvious that your clients pay you in forex and you leave that forex outside the country you are so desperately trying to attract people to" - Direct attack on me that is absolutely baseless. How is it obvious that my clients pay me in forex and I leave it outside the country? Rubbish and slander.

Simple. You are based in London and therefore need real money not Zim $ to operate and continue to operate your business.
3. What I did Campbell was again show that you quite often exaggerate and do not let anyone else post their experiences of Africa without being attacked. You feel a little bit insecure when someone challenges your all knowing views on Africa so you and your friends on here attack them. It's not some secret Campbell that you and the boys get away with. Many on here just don't bother and stay away and laugh at the playground mentality.

You are trying to make out there is some sort of wolf pack operating here. Quite simply mate the wolf pack are operating in Africa.

The problem that you don't seem to get is that it is the forum that suffers, nothing else. There would be many more posters on here feeling they would be willing to post their experiences and help others who are asking questions if you didn't bully your way into every conversation.

Once again you are ASSUMING – otherwise offer proof.

The sad thing is, you will just read this sentence, laugh and move on as it doesn't seem to sink in.

That is your opinion you are entitled to it, I DO NOT have to believe it, that is the essence of any forum.

You could have a lot to offer with advice as I am sure you have some important experiences and certainly know the South African news sites.

Of course they too are all wrong .

But you are just far too aggressive and most simply can't be bothered.
Assuming & attacking AGAIN

[QUOTE=Rick b;6076545]As the Moderator has said he/she will stop any further attacks thankfully I will answer your post.

In your first post you pasted a letter that has been widely derided as exaggerated and factually incorrect. I pointed this out.

And in the process attacked me
Old Mar 18th 2008, 12:29 am
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redlippie

I don't believe I referred to you in that post?

Now you are attempting to dictate who can comment on your attacks

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.