Visiting Zimbabwe

Old Mar 17th 2008, 2:23 pm
Nuts and Bolts

Tegwyn has a reputation beyond reputeTegwyn has a reputation beyond reputeTegwyn has a reputation beyond reputeTegwyn has a reputation beyond reputeTegwyn has a reputation beyond reputeTegwyn has a reputation beyond reputeTegwyn has a reputation beyond reputeTegwyn has a reputation beyond reputeTegwyn has a reputation beyond reputeTegwyn has a reputation beyond reputeTegwyn has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Visiting Zimbabwe

For the record, I am sure the average Zimbabwean is peaceful and trying to go about the business of survival. Those are the folk that sadden me enormously as they are the victims with the most to lose. I however strongly believe in sanctions enough to force a revolt from within to force change. How else do we get the people to stand up without physically going in and taking Mad Bob and cronies off the planet. Not a bad idea though.
Old Mar 17th 2008, 3:11 pm
Forum Regular

Rick b is just really niceRick b is just really niceRick b is just really niceRick b is just really niceRick b is just really niceRick b is just really niceRick b is just really niceRick b is just really niceRick b is just really niceRick b is just really niceRick b is just really nice

Originally Posted by Tegwyn
Your comments are insulting, especially from a tourism operator that has a self-serving interest in selling his version of propaganda to generate more revenue. RL is from Zimbabwe. Still has some near and dear living there, so please take your condescending attitude and shove it. You are clearly revealing your bias and losing your credibility very fast.
RL spouts the opinions of a Rhodie who is bitter and twisted at his Utopia of Rhodesia ending.

My comments insulting to him? Shame and for the record, I am quite sure it's not your praise I would ever want. Don't like my opinions -fine, I have no problem with that. Argue against them - fine. But don't tell me I am talking rubbish and insulting others when I live and work there in a country you probably haven't been to this decade.

For the record, I am sure the average Zimbabwean is peaceful and trying to go about the business of survival. Those are the folk that sadden me enormously as they are the victims with the most to lose. I however strongly believe in sanctions enough to force a revolt from within to force change. How else do we get the people to stand up without physically going in and taking Mad Bob and cronies off the planet. Not a bad idea though.
Yes, that shows a complete disregard for those there. Force those living there to revolt and kill themselves. What is it to you if people don't stand up? How does it affect you?
Old Mar 17th 2008, 3:18 pm
Nuts and Bolts

Tegwyn has a reputation beyond reputeTegwyn has a reputation beyond reputeTegwyn has a reputation beyond reputeTegwyn has a reputation beyond reputeTegwyn has a reputation beyond reputeTegwyn has a reputation beyond reputeTegwyn has a reputation beyond reputeTegwyn has a reputation beyond reputeTegwyn has a reputation beyond reputeTegwyn has a reputation beyond reputeTegwyn has a reputation beyond repute

Yes, that shows a complete disregard for those there. Force those living there to revolt and kill themselves. What is it to you if people don't stand up? How does it affect you?

Sanctions worked to force change in SA. Don't like a lot of what they are doing now, but the gist of it in making them face up to suppressing a society of people is completely unacceptable.

Incidently, I lived in Zambia during Kaunda's era, and have a pretty good idea of what those people are facing. There are a few graveyards that hold the remains of some very near and dear to me. I remember the uprising well and have no illusions as to what people face. Try again.
Old Mar 17th 2008, 3:22 pm
BE Enthusiast

shiftdelete is a splendid one to beholdshiftdelete is a splendid one to beholdshiftdelete is a splendid one to beholdshiftdelete is a splendid one to beholdshiftdelete is a splendid one to beholdshiftdelete is a splendid one to beholdshiftdelete is a splendid one to beholdshiftdelete is a splendid one to beholdshiftdelete is a splendid one to beholdshiftdelete is a splendid one to beholdshiftdelete is a splendid one to behold

Stop talking crap- you're there to make money, not all that bloody noble, so don't try the rhodie angle to insult others.

Have you been there all your life...?

Originally Posted by Rick b
RL spouts the opinions of a Rhodie who is bitter and twisted at his Utopia of Rhodesia ending.
Old Mar 17th 2008, 3:26 pm
Nuts and Bolts

.... and he was whining that he does not attack other forumites - only responds to attacks. Right!
Old Mar 17th 2008, 3:40 pm
Forum Regular

Rick b is just really niceRick b is just really niceRick b is just really niceRick b is just really niceRick b is just really niceRick b is just really niceRick b is just really niceRick b is just really niceRick b is just really niceRick b is just really niceRick b is just really nice

Originally Posted by shiftdelete
Stop talking crap- you're there to make money, not all that bloody noble, so don't try the rhodie angle to insult others.

Have you been there all your life...?
I haven't, and never said I had been. I am London born. My girlfriend is Zimbabwean by birth.

Yes and everyone is where they are to live and earn money. Correct.

I said one person was a Rhodie from what he said. Shame that you feel the need to stick up for him, did i make him cry?
Old Mar 17th 2008, 3:42 pm
BE Forum Addict

Pablo has a reputation beyond reputePablo has a reputation beyond reputePablo has a reputation beyond reputePablo has a reputation beyond reputePablo has a reputation beyond reputePablo has a reputation beyond reputePablo has a reputation beyond reputePablo has a reputation beyond reputePablo has a reputation beyond reputePablo has a reputation beyond reputePablo has a reputation beyond repute

...Said the owner of the Zyclon B factory.
Old Mar 17th 2008, 3:48 pm
Nuts and Bolts

Looks like the UK is running out of compassion too. http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/africa/7300281.stm
Old Mar 17th 2008, 3:52 pm
Forum Regular

Looks like the UK is running out of compassion too. http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/africa/7300281.stm
Do you actually read the articles or just post them?

If you bothered to read them you would see that the UK government agrees that for the majority (NOT ALL) of Zimbabweans the bad economic situation there does not mean they are in danger and have a right to claim asylum.
Old Mar 17th 2008, 4:20 pm
Nuts and Bolts

I actually do read them Rich, and a number of them are being considered for return. Lack of compassion by the British government is being questioned. My comprehension skills are fine thank you. Perhaps I need to have a go at your character too. So far I see a rather nasty individual that simply has to slide down to basic insults for lack of merit in other areas.
Old Mar 17th 2008, 4:23 pm
BE Enthusiast

shiftdelete is a splendid one to beholdshiftdelete is a splendid one to beholdshiftdelete is a splendid one to beholdshiftdelete is a splendid one to beholdshiftdelete is a splendid one to beholdshiftdelete is a splendid one to beholdshiftdelete is a splendid one to beholdshiftdelete is a splendid one to beholdshiftdelete is a splendid one to beholdshiftdelete is a splendid one to beholdshiftdelete is a splendid one to behold

Nothing wrong with most Rhodesians- thats all. They did a fair job at building that country up. Many of them are still there because they're gutsy people and at independance most of them considered themselves Zimbabwean, myself included.

Please don't attempt to mock someone on the basis that they are a 'rhodie' because you obviously have absolutely no idea what they represent and what sacrifices they have made.

Thank you. Now I feel like puking quietly in the corner in utter disgust.

I haven't, and never said I had been. I am London born. My girlfriend is Zimbabwean by birth.

I said one person was a Rhodie from what he said. Shame that you feel the need to stick up for him, did i make him cry?

Last edited by shiftdelete; Mar 17th 2008 at 4:26 pm. Reason: still can't spell! quitly, quietely...by jove, I've got it..
Old Mar 17th 2008, 4:30 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by shiftdelete
Nothing wrong with most Rhodesians- thats all. They did a fair job at building that country up. Many of them are still there because they're gutsy people and at independance most of them considered themselves Zimbabwean, myself included.

Please don't attempt to mock someone on the basis that they are a 'rhodie' because you obviously have absolutely no idea what they represent and what sacrifices they have made.

Thank you. Now I feel like puking quietly in the corner in utter disgust.
I was, as you well know, using the term "Rhody" as it is used in Zimbabwe today to describe those who are stuck in the past, are against integration and who the majority in Zimbabwe - white and black, have little empathy with.

Do not try and make out I was using the term to describe all Rhodesians as such. I wasn't, you know that.
Old Mar 17th 2008, 5:01 pm
BE Enthusiast

I don't know you, so not sure how on earth I could know that.

Well, I know that now- so no problem...Rhodesians deserve respect- they may not have been right, but compare their sins to Mugabe's shall we say 'zimbos'. What an absolute joke.

Do not try and make out I was using the term to describe all Rhodesians as such. I wasn't, you know that.
Old Mar 17th 2008, 7:20 pm
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute

Can we stop attacking peoples character on each thread and stick to debating the subject.
Old Mar 17th 2008, 7:27 pm
Banned

Campbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to behold

WRONG

We live in New Zealand

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.