Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Rest of the World > Africa
Reload this Page >

Things you miss about South Africa

Things you miss about South Africa

Old May 31st 2007, 8:08 am

ededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Things you miss about South Africa

Originally Posted by Kitten24
ROFL
I was in a restaurant the other day. I asked for water. The waiter said "still?" I said "well I haven't changed my mind".
Old May 31st 2007, 8:45 am

Kitten24 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by ededed
I was in a restaurant the other day. I asked for water. The waiter said "still?" I said "well I haven't changed my mind".
PMSL!! Stop it!!
Old May 31st 2007, 9:47 am

ededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Kitten24
PMSL!! Stop it!!
The genius of Tommy Cooper...

I phoned the council and asked "is that my local council?". They said "it depends where you live"

I phoned the council and asked if I could have a skip outside my house. They said "sure, go ahead, if it makes you happy"

A man stopped me and asked for a lift. I said "you look great, the world's your oyster, go for it"

2 fish in a tank - one says to the other "how the hell do we drive this thing".
Old Jun 2nd 2007, 4:27 am
Forum Regular

sa2oz will become famous soon enoughsa2oz will become famous soon enough

Smartarse!

Still, I just go down the road to pick'n'pay and buy it from the shop.
We have a Pick n Pay, and it quite close, only 890 km South, near Brisbane.
There is a product here called Jims Jerky. It costs $3.50 for 30 g Eish! $116 a kg! Cost me $30/kg. But its becuase they have a ridiculous law here that every batch has to be tested.
I was looking on teh back of the packet and saw a website jimsjerky.com.au and there it says made from South African spices. Aparently a guy from SA who wanted the Aussies to buy it.
Anything USA sells well here.

jelly tot have been banned I believe, but the Aussies are up in arms becuase the USA bans the sale of Veggiemite! And its not even made here any more.
Old Jun 2nd 2007, 4:30 am
Account Closed

TouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really nice

Originally Posted by sa2oz
We have a Pick n Pay, and it quite close, only 890 km South, near Brisbane.
There is a product here called Jims Jerky. It costs $3.50 for 30 g Eish! $116 a kg! Cost me $30/kg. But its becuase they have a ridiculous law here that every batch has to be tested.
I was looking on teh back of the packet and saw a website jimsjerky.com.au and there it says made from South African spices. Aparently a guy from SA who wanted the Aussies to buy it.
Anything USA sells well here.

jelly tot have been banned I believe, but the Aussies are up in arms becuase the USA bans the sale of Veggiemite! And its not even made here any more.
I wonder why. We get Marmite in many supermarkets here.
Old Jun 2nd 2007, 4:30 am
Account Closed

TouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really nice

The genius of Tommy Cooper...

I phoned the council and asked "is that my local council?". They said "it depends where you live"

I phoned the council and asked if I could have a skip outside my house. They said "sure, go ahead, if it makes you happy"

A man stopped me and asked for a lift. I said "you look great, the world's your oyster, go for it"

2 fish in a tank - one says to the other "how the hell do we drive this thing".
Oh, he is one heckuva funny man. That fez he wears makes it for me!
Old Jun 2nd 2007, 2:14 pm

Kitten24 is an unknown quantity at this point

Jelly Tots have been banned!! Why?

My daughter will be devastated, she is addicted to them.