success stories

Old Nov 20th 2007, 7:06 pm
amb
Forum Regular

amb is a jewel in the roughamb is a jewel in the roughamb is a jewel in the roughamb is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: success stories

Originally Posted by hatfield1
Just back to stir aye
What on earth are any of you here for?! To dwell on your mutual bitterness of SA? Haven't you heard that negativity breeds negativity?
Old Nov 20th 2007, 7:10 pm

Redlippie is just really niceRedlippie is just really niceRedlippie is just really niceRedlippie is just really niceRedlippie is just really niceRedlippie is just really niceRedlippie is just really niceRedlippie is just really nice

Originally Posted by amb
What on earth are any of you here for?! To dwell on your mutual bitterness of SA? Haven't you heard that negativity breeds negativity?
Amazingly, you don't mention any of the threads that have been started, that are anything but what you perceive as 'negative'?

I am not bitter. I am saddened that a wonderful country is being run into the ground by criminals, both inside and outside government.
Old Nov 20th 2007, 7:14 pm

hatfield1 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by amb
To talk and debate with fellow SAers. What are you still here for?
Old Nov 20th 2007, 7:50 pm
amb
Forum Regular

amb is a jewel in the roughamb is a jewel in the roughamb is a jewel in the roughamb is a jewel in the rough

To talk and debate with fellow SAers. What are you still here for?
Debate? Or gang up on anyone that dare like the place!

I'm here for research purposes, afterall I'm actually going to SA in the near future. Would you like me to report back and let you know what it's like in case memories need refreshing after years in exile?
Old Nov 20th 2007, 8:02 pm

Originally Posted by amb
Debate? Or gang up on anyone that dare like the place!

I'm here for research purposes, afterall I'm actually going to SA in the near future. Would you like me to report back and let you know what it's like in case memories need refreshing after years in exile?
Well to be honest I don’t think I gave you any really negative feed back. No thanks I was back a month ago, and 2 years before that so I think I have a good idea what its like. Not to mention I have family there that I talk to regularly. How can you tell me you like the place when you haven’t even been there? Yes I think it would be great if you came back on here after your move and tell us what your experiences are. Like Lippi said it’s less bitterness and more sadness that the place is not an ideal place to raise my family anymore.
Old Nov 20th 2007, 8:13 pm
amb
Forum Regular

Well to be honest I don’t think I gave you any really negative feed back. No thanks I was back a month ago, and 2 years before that so I think I have a good idea what its like. Not to mention I have family there that I talk to regularly. How can you tell me you like the place when you haven’t even been there? Yes I think it would be great if you came back on here after your move and tell us what your experiences are. Like Lippi said it’s less bitterness and more sadness that the place is not an ideal place to raise my family anymore.
Well I did actually say I'd report back when I had been there. And pending death I'd love to write on my experiences!
Old Nov 20th 2007, 8:19 pm
Banned

Campbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Sue
I agree with Mitzyboy, have we all grown so cynical that we think a new member asking a perfectly reasonable question is a troll? I've been part of this site for almost 8 years and I've yet to think that way.

Sue
Perhaps the difference is that most of the cynics on here have lived in South Africa .

Products of South Africa
Old Nov 20th 2007, 8:22 pm

Originally Posted by amb
Well I did actually say I'd report back when I had been there. And pending death I'd love to write on my experiences!
"Would you like me to report back and let you know what it's like in case memories need refreshing after years in exile? "

Oh I took that as a question more than a statement.
Old Nov 20th 2007, 8:30 pm

Kitten24 is an unknown quantity at this point

I was back in February for 3 weeks and we were going to look into jobs, houses, schools etc. while we were there as I've always said I'd like to go back. I'm most definitely not a negative person, but was shocked by the way things had gone backwards so much since our last visit, two years ago.

I doubt it's a case of us just not being 'desensitized' any longer. We'll NEVER be moving back there, I wouldn't feel safe myself, nevermind having my children live there.

I admit there's probably a hint of bitterness, but mostly a terrible sadness that the place of my birth is heading the way it is. Let's not forget worrying either, because I'll be doing that till I one day manage to get my parents and sister out of there.
Old Nov 20th 2007, 8:31 pm

Kitten24 is an unknown quantity at this point

I'm most definitely not a cynic, I'm a realist!
Old Nov 20th 2007, 8:33 pm

Originally Posted by Kitten24
I was back in February for 3 weeks and we were going to look into jobs, houses, schools etc. while we were there as I've always said I'd like to go back. I'm most definitely not a negative person, but was shocked by the way things had gone backwards so much since our last visit, two years ago.

I doubt it's a case of us just not being 'desensitized' any longer. We'll NEVER be moving back there, I wouldn't feel safe myself, nevermind having my children live there.

I admit there's probably a hint of bitterness, but mostly a terrible sadness that the place of my birth is heading the way it is. Let's not forget worrying either, because I'll be doing that till I one day manage to get my parents and sister out of there.
Yup……….
Old Nov 20th 2007, 8:48 pm
Banned

Campbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by amb
Well, that is great,

As they say " show me the money"

There has been heaps of members saying exactly the same thing yet still no reports ( full of positivity) once they go to South Africa.

Let's hope you will stick to your word.

When are you going ?
Old Nov 20th 2007, 9:01 pm
amb
Forum Regular

Let's hope so to, I'd hate to prove you all right and dissapear with my tail between my legs. I'm off for hols there in a few weeks and looking up info on visas for a more permenant move in a year or so at the moment.
Old Nov 20th 2007, 9:04 pm

Redlippie is just really niceRedlippie is just really niceRedlippie is just really niceRedlippie is just really niceRedlippie is just really niceRedlippie is just really niceRedlippie is just really niceRedlippie is just really nice

I would love folk who moved there to report back every now and then - whether good or bad, but no one has.

I think it has to do with the fact that the internet is not readily accessible to most people. My family/friends back there can't go online at work, it is blocked, and only have access to email and don't have it at home.
Old Nov 20th 2007, 9:16 pm
Nuts and Bolts

Tegwyn has a reputation beyond reputeTegwyn has a reputation beyond reputeTegwyn has a reputation beyond reputeTegwyn has a reputation beyond reputeTegwyn has a reputation beyond reputeTegwyn has a reputation beyond reputeTegwyn has a reputation beyond reputeTegwyn has a reputation beyond reputeTegwyn has a reputation beyond reputeTegwyn has a reputation beyond reputeTegwyn has a reputation beyond repute

My family don't actually do much more than emails as it is quite expensive to spend a lot of time online. Also very frustrated with slow connections. I was trying to get my sister on to skype but that did not work out well. I link up to a site to post news and photos as it is easier for them to access and copy than if they wait to download them. Takes ages. At least I get current photos from them that they upload to my site otherwise I would never see piccies of the latest arrivals in their families.

As an aside RL, I saw on BBC online that Ian Smith has just passed away.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.