Spouse/temporary visa

Old Dec 10th 2007, 9:14 pm
amb
Forum Regular

amb is a jewel in the roughamb is a jewel in the roughamb is a jewel in the roughamb is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: Spouse/temporary visa

I don't really want to go into too much depth about my personal details, but we both work in recruitment currently, and our working our way up management rapidly. Meanwhile we are both also chasing offshore careers in me in hydrographic surveying and fluid modelling and him in comms diving. I have a degree in Oceanography and Meteorology, but top priority is getting some longer term work experience behind me, particularly as I'm in a managerial role.
At the moment I am getting a lot of conflicting ideas, my boyf knows of friends who found the spousal immigration process very easy and he is chasing up those leads at the moment to find out more.
I am struggling as far as research is concerned as frankly I'm a lazy bum and I would rather it's all done for me, isn't there some sort of reed.co.za?! Sadly there is no African link on New Scientist Jobs either.
Nor is there an FAQ for falling head over heels in love with a Safa within months, I don't think immigration would give a monkey's anymore than anyone here.
Old Dec 10th 2007, 10:15 pm
Banned

Campbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by amb
I don't really want to go into too much depth about my personal details, but we both work in recruitment currently, and our working our way up management rapidly.

I am struggling as far as research is concerned as frankly I'm a lazy bum and I would rather it's all done for me, isn't there some sort of reed.co.za?! Sadly there is no African link on New Scientist Jobs either.
Nor is there an FAQ for falling head over heels in love with a Safa within months, I don't think immigration would give a monkey's anymore than anyone here.
Yeah, the new breed of management.

You will love SA

We used an immigration consultant when we headed over here (NZ). I’m sure there must be ones available for you for SA.
Old Dec 10th 2007, 10:36 pm
amb
Forum Regular

amb is a jewel in the roughamb is a jewel in the roughamb is a jewel in the roughamb is a jewel in the rough

New breed of management?
Odd to go from fearing to loving SA so quickly, anyone would think you're making a joke.
Old Dec 10th 2007, 11:19 pm
Banned

Campbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by amb
New breed of management?
Odd to go from fearing to loving SA so quickly, anyone would think you're making a joke.
In reference to your comment " like everything done for me "

If you don't get it, ask your bf, but first say, hey Baas
Old Dec 10th 2007, 11:47 pm
amb
Forum Regular

Well unless you haven't noticed, I am a woman, what other way is there to get things done?
Old Dec 11th 2007, 12:41 am
Banned

Originally Posted by amb
Well unless you haven't noticed, I am a woman, what other way is there to get things done?

Perhaps doing them yourself
Old Dec 11th 2007, 12:54 am

Redlippie is just really niceRedlippie is just really niceRedlippie is just really niceRedlippie is just really niceRedlippie is just really niceRedlippie is just really niceRedlippie is just really niceRedlippie is just really nice

Originally Posted by amb
New breed of management?
For someone who claims to have a good degree, you have terrible reading comprehension problems.
Old Dec 11th 2007, 2:23 am
Nuts and Bolts

Tegwyn has a reputation beyond reputeTegwyn has a reputation beyond reputeTegwyn has a reputation beyond reputeTegwyn has a reputation beyond reputeTegwyn has a reputation beyond reputeTegwyn has a reputation beyond reputeTegwyn has a reputation beyond reputeTegwyn has a reputation beyond reputeTegwyn has a reputation beyond reputeTegwyn has a reputation beyond reputeTegwyn has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Redlippie
For someone who claims to have a good degree, you have terrible reading comprehension problems.
No comment.
Old Dec 11th 2007, 7:01 am
amb
Forum Regular

You really are marvelous people.
Old Dec 11th 2007, 10:56 am
BE Forum Addict

Pablo has a reputation beyond reputePablo has a reputation beyond reputePablo has a reputation beyond reputePablo has a reputation beyond reputePablo has a reputation beyond reputePablo has a reputation beyond reputePablo has a reputation beyond reputePablo has a reputation beyond reputePablo has a reputation beyond reputePablo has a reputation beyond reputePablo has a reputation beyond repute

Amb, yes of course there are immigration consultants for South Africa.

I guess, if you are head over heels in love as you say, then marriage may be an option if all else fails. This is assuming he feels the same, of course. The UK immigration authorities will be suspicious, but if it's genuine then I can't see you'd have an insurmountable problem.

You are not the first person to be caught in this kind of situation. It happens all the time.

You can go to SA and take your chances, as you've said.

Or you can just accept that you will have to be apart for a while.
Old Dec 11th 2007, 5:14 pm
amb
Forum Regular

It doesn't sound like marriage would be an option for SA if it must be minimum of 5 years as a life partner or married couple anyway.
I don't suppose anyone would know the rough cost of completing either a temp or perm visa application? That's something I can't find out for myself as I haven't a clue of the hidden extras let alone the cost of them!
Old Dec 11th 2007, 5:17 pm

Redlippie is just really niceRedlippie is just really niceRedlippie is just really niceRedlippie is just really niceRedlippie is just really niceRedlippie is just really niceRedlippie is just really niceRedlippie is just really nice

Originally Posted by amb
It doesn't sound like marriage would be an option for SA if it must be minimum of 5 years as a life partner or married couple anyway.
I don't suppose anyone would know the rough cost of completing either a temp or perm visa application? That's something I can't find out for myself as I haven't a clue of the hidden extras let alone the cost of them!
SOUTH AFRICA HOUSE, Trafalgar Square, LONDON
09065 540 798.

You're taking the piss aren't you?
Old Dec 11th 2007, 5:48 pm
Banned

Originally Posted by Redlippie
SOUTH AFRICA HOUSE, Trafalgar Square, LONDON
09065 540 798.

You're taking the piss aren't you?
I think so
Old Dec 11th 2007, 6:09 pm
amb
Forum Regular

Why would I be taking the piss?
Old Dec 11th 2007, 6:27 pm
BE Forum Addict

Pablo has a reputation beyond reputePablo has a reputation beyond reputePablo has a reputation beyond reputePablo has a reputation beyond reputePablo has a reputation beyond reputePablo has a reputation beyond reputePablo has a reputation beyond reputePablo has a reputation beyond reputePablo has a reputation beyond reputePablo has a reputation beyond reputePablo has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by amb
It doesn't sound like marriage would be an option for SA
I meant marriage so that he can stay with you in the UK.

Other than that, I am sorry, but I have to agree with the other posters here. Either 1) you are insulting people here by expecting them to do every tiny bit of research for you; or 2) you really are as lazy and stupid as you pretend; or 3) you have nothing better to do than post vexatious emails.

I find your attitude distasteful and depressing when so many people in southern Africa are struggling for mere survival.

I am signing off with you as a correspondent. You are a time-waster.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.