Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Rest of the World > Africa
Reload this Page >

South Africa is now to dangerous to live.

South Africa is now to dangerous to live.

Old Dec 28th 2007, 8:35 am
BE Forum Addict

Pablo has a reputation beyond reputePablo has a reputation beyond reputePablo has a reputation beyond reputePablo has a reputation beyond reputePablo has a reputation beyond reputePablo has a reputation beyond reputePablo has a reputation beyond reputePablo has a reputation beyond reputePablo has a reputation beyond reputePablo has a reputation beyond reputePablo has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: South Africa is now to dangerous to live.

It will be a triumph for collective blindness when Winnie is celebrated as an elder statesman, but one thing the postmodern revolution in Academia has shown is that, if you tell enough people that water runs uphill, or black is white, and provide enough bogus theories to back it up, then they will believe it.

In a generation, when I, God willing, will be long gone, we will have academics explaining that civilized life is not possible in Africa because of some quirk of the climate, or the fact that Africa lacks navigable rivers, or some other bull.

And by then there will be no African country you can point to to expose the fact that this is nonsense.

Zanzibar was a success once. As was Tanzania itself. I was too young for that. But I was old enough to believe that "this time" Zimbabwe would be different. Now look at it.

...And only yesterday I was reading how everything is going to come right in Kenya after their elections. It seems only yesterday they were saying that about the previous elections. And on it goes.

Oh well. Make Poverty History. Buy a goat.

Last edited by Pablo; Dec 28th 2007 at 8:38 am.
Old Dec 28th 2007, 10:18 am
Just Joined

Sleepwalker is just really niceSleepwalker is just really niceSleepwalker is just really niceSleepwalker is just really niceSleepwalker is just really niceSleepwalker is just really niceSleepwalker is just really niceSleepwalker is just really niceSleepwalker is just really niceSleepwalker is just really nice

Originally Posted by Pablo
It will be a triumph for collective blindness when Winnie is celebrated as an elder statesman, but one thing the postmodern revolution in Academia has shown is that, if you tell enough people that water runs uphill, or black is white, and provide enough bogus theories to back it up, then they will believe it.

In a generation, when I, God willing, will be long gone, we will have academics explaining that civilized life is not possible in Africa because of some quirk of the climate, or the fact that Africa lacks navigable rivers, or some other bull.

And by then there will be no African country you can point to to expose the fact that this is nonsense.

Zanzibar was a success once. As was Tanzania itself. I was too young for that. But I was old enough to believe that "this time" Zimbabwe would be different. Now look at it.

...And only yesterday I was reading how everything is going to come right in Kenya after their elections. It seems only yesterday they were saying that about the previous elections. And on it goes.

Oh well. Make Poverty History. Buy a goat.
Hi All,

A while ago I made a rather disturbing observation;

It is estimated that 250 000 people died during four years of war on Kosova.

It repeorted stats are to be believed, 250000 people were murdered in SA during the period 1994 to 2004.
(A recent Innterpol report put the Murder rate at over 40000 per annum)

In 2004, the SA government declared a 'moratorium' on Crime stats and the SA police services took control of the compilation of Crime stats.. The annual murder rate immediately fell to 20000 per annum.

Methinks "Something is rotten in the State of Azania" (Sorry Bill!)

Does anyone know how many people are being kille in war torn places like Irak? ... I have a very morbid suspicion that Peace time SA's death toll is much higher..

....such a sick world we live in!!
Old Dec 28th 2007, 10:21 am
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute

I have only logged on quickly from the UK, and am appalled at the way this thread has gone. I'm not "back up" but this I am afraid people that this just illustrates the reaction that anyone questioning your opinions or making positive observations gets. Not debate or explanation, just attack!!! It doesnt matter that its a mod .... its often the same.

I'm very sad to say you do yourselves a disservice
Old Dec 28th 2007, 10:28 am
BE Forum Addict

Pablo has a reputation beyond reputePablo has a reputation beyond reputePablo has a reputation beyond reputePablo has a reputation beyond reputePablo has a reputation beyond reputePablo has a reputation beyond reputePablo has a reputation beyond reputePablo has a reputation beyond reputePablo has a reputation beyond reputePablo has a reputation beyond reputePablo has a reputation beyond repute

On the contrary, Mitzy, the response has been one of providing long explanations, personal stories, accounts about friends, and links to recent events.
Old Dec 28th 2007, 11:49 am
Banned

guest5234 is just really niceguest5234 is just really niceguest5234 is just really niceguest5234 is just really niceguest5234 is just really niceguest5234 is just really niceguest5234 is just really niceguest5234 is just really nice

Originally Posted by Mitzyboy
I have only logged on quickly from the UK, and am appalled at the way this thread has gone. I'm not "back up" but this I am afraid people that this just illustrates the reaction that anyone questioning your opinions or making positive observations gets. Not debate or explanation, just attack!!! It doesnt matter that its a mod .... its often the same.

I'm very sad to say you do yourselves a disservice

To be fair the only peole who know what is REALLY going on in S.Africa is ones who have lived there.
Old Dec 28th 2007, 11:51 am
BE Forum Addict

val50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pablo
On the contrary, Mitzy, the response has been one of providing long explanations, personal stories, accounts about friends, and links to recent events.

I think we have to be careful we don't adapt a laager mentality here.
We also have to remember the reason British Expats is here, to help expats moving to a new country.
All of us who have had to leave SA for whatever reason, have suffered in one way or another, be it emotionally, financially, physically. What we have to remember though is that unless you've lived there, it is very, very difficult to imagine what life can be like, especially in the larger cities. We can pass on our personal experiences to warn and help people, but that does not mean we shouldn't let everyone have their say, especially if they are living in SA at the moment.
As much as anyone, I know how frustrating it is trying to explain to people what life is like in SA. Friends of ours were murdered in KZN in November. But, as we all know, unless you have experienced these things first hand, it is really, really hard to comprehend. If people, in this instance JDR, want to query or ask questions, he has every right to do so. We all mourn the loss of democracy in the region - don't let it spread to this forum.
Old Dec 28th 2007, 12:07 pm
BE Forum Addict

Daxk has a reputation beyond reputeDaxk has a reputation beyond reputeDaxk has a reputation beyond reputeDaxk has a reputation beyond reputeDaxk has a reputation beyond reputeDaxk has a reputation beyond reputeDaxk has a reputation beyond reputeDaxk has a reputation beyond reputeDaxk has a reputation beyond reputeDaxk has a reputation beyond reputeDaxk has a reputation beyond repute

Well said, Val50,
I used to live in Midrand,which has a collection of around 6000 Middle and Upper income homes.
By and large, a very typical area in Gauteng Province about 40 minutes drive from central Johanessburg.
Because of the failure of the SA Policing services most places have established Community policing forums and block watches.
Midrand tends to be very focussed on information, I wish to quote from the normally weekly info mail for the past two weeks

Inform all your workers on how to report crime and help us help the Police. They have promised to take every report seriously and follow up every lead!
For emergencies dial 10111

RESIDENTIAL INCIDENTS

As it is between Christmas and New Year, we have again combined the reports. As of next week, we will report one week at a time again. Information in black is for the week ending 20/12/2007.
Information in red is for the week ending 27/12/2007.

Stay safe!
The Midrand Community Team

Fortunately, no-one was harmed by any elephants during this period

Last edited by Rete; Dec 28th 2007 at 4:38 pm. Reason: Copyright Infringement...post an URL Link as per forum site rules
Old Dec 28th 2007, 4:23 pm
BE Enthusiast

Ray51 has much to be proud ofRay51 has much to be proud ofRay51 has much to be proud ofRay51 has much to be proud ofRay51 has much to be proud ofRay51 has much to be proud ofRay51 has much to be proud ofRay51 has much to be proud ofRay51 has much to be proud ofRay51 has much to be proud ofRay51 has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Campbells

Cheers and hope you are enjoying wherever you have settled
Yebo , gogo !
Thanxxxx , on your good wishes and :
Yes , we really do luurve it here , in Capital of EUrope !
If/when you are near-ish BeNeLux parts , give us a shout ;
I'll be happy to ( as in : Bona Fidae = try to ) explain & more !
Not that that any so-called SAffers I met : ever were/are into sophisticated grub , great wines and beers , chic ladies , fashion , world economics , 320+km/h trains , multi-linguistics , music , cinema , art , class , history , geography , whatever ( except for Benny Goldbergs/Solly Kramers and too-terribly charred braai chews , the biggest house they could borrow maximum ludicruous "bond" against - and those flashiest German cars , which usually they couldn't afford to keep and run , either ! But , hey : maybe I'm just talking about my memories from Gauteng , for now ? ) ...
Good Luck , with everything , anyway ,
R.
Old Dec 28th 2007, 5:21 pm
BE Forum Addict

Daxk has a reputation beyond reputeDaxk has a reputation beyond reputeDaxk has a reputation beyond reputeDaxk has a reputation beyond reputeDaxk has a reputation beyond reputeDaxk has a reputation beyond reputeDaxk has a reputation beyond reputeDaxk has a reputation beyond reputeDaxk has a reputation beyond reputeDaxk has a reputation beyond reputeDaxk has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Daxk
Well said, Val50,
I used to live in Midrand,which has a collection of around 6000 Middle and Upper income homes.
By and large, a very typical area in Gauteng Province about 40 minutes drive from central Johanessburg.
Because of the failure of the SA Policing services most places have established Community policing forums and block watches.
Midrand tends to be very focussed on information, I wish to quote from the normally weekly info mail for the past two weeks

Inform all your workers on how to report crime and help us help the Police. They have promised to take every report seriously and follow up every lead!
For emergencies dial 10111

RESIDENTIAL INCIDENTS

As it is between Christmas and New Year, we have again combined the reports. As of next week, we will report one week at a time again. Information in black is for the week ending 20/12/2007.
Information in red is for the week ending 27/12/2007.

Stay safe!
The Midrand Community Team

Fortunately, no-one was harmed by any elephants during this period
Link is :http://www.graphicmail.co.za/rwcode/...&Section=17822
Old Dec 28th 2007, 9:27 pm
Banned

guest5234 is just really niceguest5234 is just really niceguest5234 is just really niceguest5234 is just really niceguest5234 is just really niceguest5234 is just really niceguest5234 is just really niceguest5234 is just really nice

Another BIG nail in the coffin of ZA....................

http://www.thetimes.co.za/News/Article.aspx?id=666599

The most evil women on the planet.

Winnie terrorized her own neighborhood with a group of thugs she called a “football” team. The Mandela United Football Club wasn’t known to kick a soccer ball around but they did kick in a few heads and sometimes Winnie helped in the murders. She was one nasty piece of work and that is one reason her ex husband dumped her. That, along with her constant betrayal of him.
Old Dec 29th 2007, 5:45 am
Happily hungover

1066 has a reputation beyond repute1066 has a reputation beyond repute1066 has a reputation beyond repute1066 has a reputation beyond repute1066 has a reputation beyond repute1066 has a reputation beyond repute1066 has a reputation beyond repute1066 has a reputation beyond repute1066 has a reputation beyond repute1066 has a reputation beyond repute1066 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by guest5234
She was one nasty piece of work .....
I don't think we've seen anything yet ...... she's had almost 30 years since then to perfect her technique.

Last edited by 1066; Dec 29th 2007 at 6:56 am.
Old Dec 29th 2007, 9:25 am
Banned

Campbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: South Africa is now too dangerous to live.

Oh yeah,

The heat is on, it's all just starting and the next few months will be very interesting .

Jacob Zuma has been served papers for a trial in Aug 2008 and Cosatu are already throwing their toys.

A few shots across the bow to Mbeki from the ANC. After the party season it is going to get ugly.

I sense a vote of no confidence on it's way.
Old Dec 29th 2007, 10:17 am
Just Joined

Sleepwalker is just really niceSleepwalker is just really niceSleepwalker is just really niceSleepwalker is just really niceSleepwalker is just really niceSleepwalker is just really niceSleepwalker is just really niceSleepwalker is just really niceSleepwalker is just really niceSleepwalker is just really nice

Originally Posted by 1066
I don't think we've seen anything yet ...... she's had almost 30 years since then to perfect her technique.
Hi All,

While were on the theme, I pasted links to articles by a guy called Anthoney LoBiago wich were published on the WorlNetNews website. They were written over the last seven years and offer disturbing insights into the 'workings' of the ANC.

He also makes mention of What is supposed to happen after Mandela's death..

When I first joined this forum, I mentioned a conversation with one of my young housemates on this issue and yesterday I posted his story in another thread on this sight.. (for the sake of completeness, I have included most of that in this response too.)

http://www.worldnetdaily.com/news/ar...TICLE_ID=46117
South Africa to mimic Zimbabwe on farms? Marxist government's land-grab policy against whites intensifies

http://www.worldnetdaily.com/news/ar...TICLE_ID=19085 SOUTH AFRICA'S WAR CRIMES Atrocities of the Marxist ANC 'Truth' commission reveals Mandela's bloody path to power

http://www.worldnetdaily.com/news/ar...TICLE_ID=39450 South Africa to mimic Zimbabwe on farms? Marxist government's land-grab policy against whites intensifies

http://www.worldnetdaily.com/news/ar...TICLE_ID=28790 DISPATCH FROM SOUTH AFRICA The sellout of a nation Elite soldiers, intelligence officers speak out on Marxism, globalism

http://www.worldnetdaily.com/news/ar...TICLE_ID=24407 South Africa deteriorates under ANC rule Disease, rape, murder highlight slide into near-anarchy conditions

{Dear Quincy,
I currently live in a house-share in South East London with four young guys from South Africa ranging in ages from 19 to 22.
I would like to relay some stories about South Africa as viewed from a teenager’s perspective. I read that you are considering starting a family in the relatively near future and feel that I should share the boy’s views and experiences with you…

The first boy, Waldo told me a story that happened to him at the age of 16. He and about 10 classmates were smoking a joint on the rugby field during one of their breaks. There were two black students in the group.

Suddenly out of nowhere one of them looked at Waldo and said, “The day that Mandela dies you and I cease to be friends. I will shoot you where you stand!!” We’ve all heard this story before and most of us have dismissed it as an urban legend.

However since that day I’ve done a bit of research on the web and came across a series of articles written by a guy named Anthony C. LoBiado that made my blood curdle. I’ve copy/pasted links to some of these articles at the end of my response.

Waldo arrived in the UK at the end of November. His mom narrowly escaped being gang raped by four black men at the beginning of November.

Around two years ago a black kids stabbed a white kid in the stomach during a fight. The white kid played 1st team rugby and was obviously quite strong. In his anger and rage, he then lifted the black kid up and hung him, by the armpits, on the spikes of a palisade security fence! In a 21st Century mock parody of the crucifixion.

As a Psychologist I’m certain that you are in a better position than I to analyze the thoughts that were going through the young boys mind when he did that. Being able to see through that kind of pain and being able to achieve such a feat of strength that would normally, be expected of an Elite forces soldier or a Martial Artist of quite some standing.

Now on to the stories Edd told me. During breaks at high school, the pupils played soccer during first break and rugby during second break. The teams were always Black against white. One second break after a particularly hard but fair tackle… A black kid kicked the leg of a white kid who had fallen and shattered his kneecap so that his leg was bent in a completely un-natural position.

Illegal gambling also went on… One day, a coloured boy who could not pay his debts had his face rammed into a wall so that bones of his scull were exposed all the way down one side of his face.

On another day every one got wind of a fight that was about to happen after school. Gangs arrived outside the school and were pounced on by the police. Every single one of the cars they were driving had been stolen. (These guys were coloured and they were going to fight some black gangs.)

To add insult to injury, it was not uncommon for students to steal each others cars.

Waldo tells me that teenagers don’t go out to clubs much anymore… He feels it’s much too dangerous. Peoples’ drinks are being spiked and the threat of being attacked has turned a whole generation of potential party animals into homebodies.

South Africa’s kids have no where to go just to kick back and have a good time.}

These are the harsh realities that face our loved ones still living in SA...I feel we'd be remise not to at least try and make others aware of the obvious and even 'probable' dangers..

Love & Peace to all,

Michael