Rwanda

Old Mar 14th 2016, 8:33 pm
BE Enthusiast

wheatsheaf has much to be proud ofwheatsheaf has much to be proud ofwheatsheaf has much to be proud ofwheatsheaf has much to be proud ofwheatsheaf has much to be proud ofwheatsheaf has much to be proud ofwheatsheaf has much to be proud ofwheatsheaf has much to be proud ofwheatsheaf has much to be proud ofwheatsheaf has much to be proud ofwheatsheaf has much to be proud of
Default Rwanda

Is there anyone in Rwanda working on an expat basis? I know several people in neighbouring Nairobi but have an opportunity in Kigali, Rwanda. Questions that arise are: 1) personal safety and health 2) cost of living 3) ease of travel within and to neighbouring countries. 3) accommodation. 4) medical facilities

Would appreciate any insights and advice.

Am a single person, English only speaking, 24 yrs old. My employer in UK wants me in Rwanda to help the sister company there, for a period of 1 -2 years and I would like to get a feel for what other expats get package wise. Thanks.
Old Mar 14th 2016, 10:22 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

scot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Rwanda

Difficult place - especially for monolingual Anglos. Not even School French ?

I was never in Rwanda but made frequent visits to the DRC before it completely fell to pieces.
Old Mar 14th 2016, 11:51 pm
BE Enthusiast

wheatsheaf has much to be proud ofwheatsheaf has much to be proud ofwheatsheaf has much to be proud ofwheatsheaf has much to be proud ofwheatsheaf has much to be proud ofwheatsheaf has much to be proud ofwheatsheaf has much to be proud ofwheatsheaf has much to be proud ofwheatsheaf has much to be proud ofwheatsheaf has much to be proud ofwheatsheaf has much to be proud of

Smattering of high school french possibly.

When were you last in DRC? What makes Rwanda a difficult place?
Old Mar 15th 2016, 9:21 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

scot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond repute

Some Kiswahili or Lingala would help on top of the French. My concern would be that it takes many generations for anywhere to get over this sort of horror -

Rwanda: How the genocide happened - BBC News

This region really is "The Heart of Darkness".

http://endgenocide.org/learn/past-ge...ndan-genocide/

Last edited by scot47; Mar 15th 2016 at 9:26 am.