RSA Boarding Schools

Old May 24th 2008, 1:56 pm
Forum Regular

ForeignGal is just really niceForeignGal is just really niceForeignGal is just really niceForeignGal is just really niceForeignGal is just really niceForeignGal is just really niceForeignGal is just really niceForeignGal is just really nice
Default Re: RSA Boarding Schools

You know I'm only joking. Still after your body even if your not after mine!
Old May 24th 2008, 2:32 pm
Forum Regular

HugoB has a spectacular aura aboutHugoB has a spectacular aura aboutHugoB has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by ForeignGal
my husband has decided that if we opt for one of these schools he wants it to offer something that the UK schools cannot.

Sorry, I should have read your post more closely, when I mentioned that Michaelhouse offered A levels I was alluding to qualifications which might allow an international education, whereby high school in South Africa might lead to university in the UK or further afield.

An education in South Africa will be nothing like that of the UK.
Old May 24th 2008, 2:39 pm
Forum Regular

ForeignGal is just really niceForeignGal is just really niceForeignGal is just really niceForeignGal is just really niceForeignGal is just really niceForeignGal is just really niceForeignGal is just really niceForeignGal is just really nice

I'm sure you may be did explain but what would you feel would be the main differences both positive and negative?
Old May 24th 2008, 4:17 pm
BE Enthusiast

shiftdelete is a splendid one to beholdshiftdelete is a splendid one to beholdshiftdelete is a splendid one to beholdshiftdelete is a splendid one to beholdshiftdelete is a splendid one to beholdshiftdelete is a splendid one to beholdshiftdelete is a splendid one to beholdshiftdelete is a splendid one to beholdshiftdelete is a splendid one to beholdshiftdelete is a splendid one to beholdshiftdelete is a splendid one to behold

good golly miss molly- restrain yourself girl - he's an old 'has been'....I'm the merc you're looking for...

Originally Posted by ForeignGal
You know I'm only joking. Still after your body even if your not after mine!
Old May 24th 2008, 4:58 pm
Forum Regular

I think South Africa (ns) has more to offer than I first thought!
Old May 24th 2008, 5:45 pm
Nuts and Bolts

Tegwyn has a reputation beyond reputeTegwyn has a reputation beyond reputeTegwyn has a reputation beyond reputeTegwyn has a reputation beyond reputeTegwyn has a reputation beyond reputeTegwyn has a reputation beyond reputeTegwyn has a reputation beyond reputeTegwyn has a reputation beyond reputeTegwyn has a reputation beyond reputeTegwyn has a reputation beyond reputeTegwyn has a reputation beyond repute

Beware of retreads.
Old May 24th 2008, 6:14 pm
BE Forum Addict

Daxk has a reputation beyond reputeDaxk has a reputation beyond reputeDaxk has a reputation beyond reputeDaxk has a reputation beyond reputeDaxk has a reputation beyond reputeDaxk has a reputation beyond reputeDaxk has a reputation beyond reputeDaxk has a reputation beyond reputeDaxk has a reputation beyond reputeDaxk has a reputation beyond reputeDaxk has a reputation beyond repute

Tegwyn, no need to fear Blow outs,with the state of Health Care these days I insist on inner tubes,

Shift delete ,I'll remind you of the difference between running down to the herd and walking down!!
FG, Thank you, these new Anabolic steroids have made a world of difference,even my wrinkles now come in 6 packs.
Old May 27th 2008, 11:00 am
Just Joined

italyexpat is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by italyexpat
By the way Pablo I never made any of the statements you attribute to me.
I never said it's like any other country. I said "Cape Town is not like any other city in that it's not built up". I have never said there is no crime, I have merely presented my experience OK.
So Pablo and all your others living in a first world-dream world, whats the difference between this uk situation in the link, and the SA one you continually call sosooo violent. Many of those commiting crime in s.a had no education, while these Uk thugs did. So perhaps you understand why some one would want to send their boys to a better school in SA no?http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/new...cle4004409.ece
Old May 27th 2008, 11:05 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Daxk
FG, Hilton, Michaelhouse,Kearsney College, all in the same area, all excellent Schools and will produce well rounded education.
Will they be safe at School, yes, more than likely.
Will they be bullied? probably ,will it be more or less than anywhere else?
probably not.
Someone has raised the point about SA education Standards and their continueing acceptability overseas, and that is actually the Crux.

Italyexpat, you made a comment, "Dont believe everything you read in the Newspapers"
Was that about crime? are you saying that the murders and rapes and home invasions are'nt happening? or that they are being lied about or sensationalised?
whats the difference to SA crime Daxk , Pablo, sh!tdelete and the rest of you living in a dream world, Read the link and educate yourselves, before you judge someone for wanting something better for their children.
http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/new...cle4004409.ece
Old May 27th 2008, 11:10 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Pablo
It pays to be streetwise? Er, Like Brett Goldin? No! That just is not sufficient. I'd be very careful about advising someone in the UK that Cape Town is just like any other city, or that SA is just like any other country, or that 'there's crime everywhere' etc.

Attending school - preferably boarding, and on a rural campus - is one thing. Living there permanently in a city is quite another.
Wake up and smell the coffee!!! Pablo what the difference? another great young actor, another crime ridden city, same result, death.

Old May 27th 2008, 11:32 am
BE Enthusiast

Pugsy has much to be proud ofPugsy has much to be proud ofPugsy has much to be proud ofPugsy has much to be proud ofPugsy has much to be proud ofPugsy has much to be proud ofPugsy has much to be proud ofPugsy has much to be proud ofPugsy has much to be proud ofPugsy has much to be proud ofPugsy has much to be proud of

Why is it, people like you, in denial, always have to throw these unfortunate incidents out there in the forum and say, there you go, what about that, it happens everywhere. Does it make you feel better? I'm sorry, but it is clearly you living in the dream world.

Do you not read SA news, do you not know the statistics. Have you not had family who have been hijacked, stabbed, raped, shot, robbed, murdered, killed on the roads. Has nothing like that happened to you in SA, well, how lucky you are, no wonder you're one of the deniars. I know Mitzy would not like me quoting recent crime and road horrors but why don't you check out news24 to find out what really goes on. But then again, why bother when your attitude is 'don't believe everything you read'. Ignorance is bliss, hey.

P.S. ForeignGal's had alot of positive replies here, alot of information. This thread was not about crime and you just hijacked it.
Old May 27th 2008, 11:46 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Pugsy
Why is it, people like you, in denial, always have to throw these unfortunate incidents out there in the forum and say, there you go, what about that, it happens everywhere. Does it make you feel better? I'm sorry, but it is clearly you living in the dream world.

Do you not read SA news, do you not know the statistics. Have you not had family who have been hijacked, stabbed, raped, shot, robbed, murdered, killed on the roads. Has nothing like that happened to you in SA, well, how lucky you are, no wonder you're one of the deniars. I know Mitzy would not like me quoting recent crime and road horrors but why don't you check out news24 to find out what really goes on. But then again, why bother when your attitude is 'don't believe everything you read'. Ignorance is bliss, hey.

P.S. ForeignGal's had alot of positive replies here, alot of information. This thread was not about crime and you just hijacked it.
No, you just hijacked it! little ray of sunshine, and then went on to list a string of horrors. crime WAS mentioned as the reason for the advice given to the person who considered taking her son out of the hell of the london school system. and putting them in SA, I'm just saying what I always said, check the facts, don't sensationalise everything.
Old May 27th 2008, 12:10 pm
BE Forum Addict

Pablo has a reputation beyond reputePablo has a reputation beyond reputePablo has a reputation beyond reputePablo has a reputation beyond reputePablo has a reputation beyond reputePablo has a reputation beyond reputePablo has a reputation beyond reputePablo has a reputation beyond reputePablo has a reputation beyond reputePablo has a reputation beyond reputePablo has a reputation beyond repute

Wake up and smell the coffee!!! Pablo what the difference? another great young actor, another crime ridden city, same result, death.

What is your point?
Old May 27th 2008, 12:17 pm
BE Enthusiast

Pugsy has much to be proud ofPugsy has much to be proud ofPugsy has much to be proud ofPugsy has much to be proud ofPugsy has much to be proud ofPugsy has much to be proud ofPugsy has much to be proud ofPugsy has much to be proud ofPugsy has much to be proud ofPugsy has much to be proud ofPugsy has much to be proud of

No, you just hijacked it! little ray of sunshine, and then went on to list a string of horrors. crime WAS mentioned as the reason for the advice given to the person who considered taking her son out of the hell of the london school system. and putting them in SA, I'm just saying what I always said, check the facts, don't sensationalise everything.
P*** off. I cannot stand trying to converse with ignorant, patronising and childish people, life is too short. Can someone please pm me where the ignore thingy is!?
Old May 27th 2008, 12:20 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Pablo
If you unpicked your panties from your crack for a moment you'd see I have been supportive of sending children to a good school.
hey! you picked the point, by banging on about street crime in the Brett case not me. I seem to remember you were formerly smacked on the hand about it too. I suggest you get your specs checked out while your'e having your prostate checked gramps, and leave my parts alone. Get your own nose out of your ar1se if you cant see the point!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.