Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Rest of the World > Africa
Reload this Page >

Rick B / 6000 etc – GONE ?

Rick B / 6000 etc – GONE ?

Old Jul 6th 2007, 3:45 pm
NTS
NTS

NTS has a brilliant futureNTS has a brilliant futureNTS has a brilliant futureNTS has a brilliant futureNTS has a brilliant futureNTS has a brilliant futureNTS has a brilliant future
Default Re: Rick B / 6000 etc – GONE ?

Originally Posted by hatfield1
Sorry to say that’s the case all over the world these days. That’s the way one judge’s success. He who dies with the most toys wins. If your kid doesn’t have fancy name brand clothes then you’re a bad parent, if your wife doesn’t have a huge rock on her finger then you’re a bad husband and if you don’t drive a BMW then you’re poor.
Man I can’t wait to show of my new iphone to the looses at work they will be so jealous.
My point is that it just seems a bit worse in Jo'burg. People are more materialistic. - Maybe I should start a thread " people in joburg are the most materialistic"
Old Jul 6th 2007, 3:52 pm
Nuts and Bolts

Tegwyn has a reputation beyond reputeTegwyn has a reputation beyond reputeTegwyn has a reputation beyond reputeTegwyn has a reputation beyond reputeTegwyn has a reputation beyond reputeTegwyn has a reputation beyond reputeTegwyn has a reputation beyond reputeTegwyn has a reputation beyond reputeTegwyn has a reputation beyond reputeTegwyn has a reputation beyond reputeTegwyn has a reputation beyond repute

Sorry to say that’s the case all over the world these days. That’s the way one judge’s success. He who dies with the most toys wins. If your kid doesn’t have fancy name brand clothes then you’re a bad parent, if your wife doesn’t have a huge rock on her finger then you’re a bad husband and if you don’t drive a BMW then you’re poor.
Man I can’t wait to show of my new iphone to the looses at work they will be so jealous.
I fail miserably Never owned a Beemer, still have the same rock my hubby gave me 26 years ago (we were struggling students then) and the only toys we have are ski's and golf clubs with a pull cart. I prefer my toys in the bank. Not only that, getting kids through Uni is sticker shock by itself anymore.
Old Jul 6th 2007, 3:53 pm
Account Closed

TouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really nice

Tell me about that last one!

Yeah, folk in Joeys are very materialistic.
Old Jul 6th 2007, 4:08 pm
NTS
NTS

NTS has a brilliant futureNTS has a brilliant futureNTS has a brilliant futureNTS has a brilliant futureNTS has a brilliant futureNTS has a brilliant futureNTS has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Tegwyn
I fail miserably Never owned a Beemer, still have the same rock my hubby gave me 26 years ago (we were struggling students then) and the only toys we have are ski's and golf clubs with a pull cart. I prefer my toys in the bank. Not only that, getting kids through Uni is sticker shock by itself anymore.
You can afford a pull cart for your golf clubs. Now you're just showing off
Old Jul 6th 2007, 4:24 pm
Nuts and Bolts

Tegwyn has a reputation beyond reputeTegwyn has a reputation beyond reputeTegwyn has a reputation beyond reputeTegwyn has a reputation beyond reputeTegwyn has a reputation beyond reputeTegwyn has a reputation beyond reputeTegwyn has a reputation beyond reputeTegwyn has a reputation beyond reputeTegwyn has a reputation beyond reputeTegwyn has a reputation beyond reputeTegwyn has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by NTS
You can afford a pull cart for your golf clubs. Now you're just showing off
I know. I pulled off the "Made in China" sticker to make it appear as an exclusive model.
Old Jul 6th 2007, 4:46 pm

hatfield1 is an unknown quantity at this point

NTS what kind of car do you drive?

Golf……What an elitist sport, with your fancy plaid shorts and polo shirt, oh and spiffy shoes with dangly things on them. Man what a hard day on the greens lets get a lovely cup of tea at the country club. I watch you with contempt from the other side of the fence as I play kick the can in the gutter.
Old Jul 6th 2007, 5:12 pm
Nuts and Bolts

NTS what kind of car do you drive?

Golf……What an elitist sport, with your fancy plaid shorts and polo shirt, oh and spiffy shoes with dangly things on them. Man what a hard day on the greens lets get a lovely cup of tea at the country club. I watch you with contempt from the other side of the fence as I play kick the can in the gutter.
I probably should be playing kick the can, my purpose in life is to keep the groundkeepers in business. As for tea, PLEASE MAN, bring on the gin & tonic!
Old Jul 6th 2007, 5:22 pm

Gin? FOUR……… Wow threw me on that one.
I could have sworn you would rather have a glass (finest crystal of cores) of bubbly.
Old Jul 6th 2007, 5:26 pm
Nuts and Bolts

Gin? FOUR……… Wow threw me on that one.
I could have sworn you would rather have a glass (finest crystal of cores) of bubbly.
If you're buying, cheers!
Old Jul 6th 2007, 5:31 pm

You got it. Only the best for my golfing chums.
Old Jul 6th 2007, 5:50 pm
Account Closed

TouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really nice

Originally Posted by Tegwyn
If you're buying, cheers!
Spare the poor bugger. He doesn't know how much you can put away.
Old Jul 6th 2007, 6:02 pm

I do now, thanks TT. I’ll have to swap the menu to a few bottles of “two buck chuck”. (two dollar bottle of wine in the US) The drink of champions.
Old Jul 6th 2007, 6:50 pm
Nuts and Bolts

Originally Posted by TouristTrap
Spare the poor bugger. He doesn't know how much you can put away.
Ssshhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh....... whose side ya on anyway?
Old Jul 6th 2007, 6:52 pm
Nuts and Bolts

I do now, thanks TT. I’ll have to swap the menu to a few bottles of “two buck chuck”. (two dollar bottle of wine in the US) The drink of champions.
Served exquisitely in plastic glasses!
Old Jul 6th 2007, 7:09 pm

Plastic! Who do you think you are? They will be paper and you’ll like it.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.