Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Rest of the World > Africa
Reload this Page >

Rick B / 6000 etc – GONE ?

Rick B / 6000 etc – GONE ?

Old Jul 19th 2007, 1:06 pm
Nuts and Bolts

Tegwyn has a reputation beyond reputeTegwyn has a reputation beyond reputeTegwyn has a reputation beyond reputeTegwyn has a reputation beyond reputeTegwyn has a reputation beyond reputeTegwyn has a reputation beyond reputeTegwyn has a reputation beyond reputeTegwyn has a reputation beyond reputeTegwyn has a reputation beyond reputeTegwyn has a reputation beyond reputeTegwyn has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Rick B / 6000 etc – GONE ?

Originally Posted by NTS
No, not surprised at all... Regarding the comment to kitten, Mitzy thought it was a fair comment, but I interpreted it to have a nasty motive, as if he was having a laugh about it... Now that would be gloating!
Mitzy also thought Mingus was sincere in his apology to have him turn around and retract it. This guy is rather transparent.
Old Jul 19th 2007, 5:18 pm
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by NTS
No, not surprised at all... Regarding the comment to kitten, Mitzy thought it was a fair comment, but I interpreted it to have a nasty motive, as if he was having a laugh about it... Now that would be gloating!
If I thought it was a fair comment I wouldn't have removed it

Originally Posted by Tegwyn
Mitzy also thought Mingus was sincere in his apology to have him turn around and retract it. This guy is rather transparent.
I like to give people the benefit of the doubt, yes, but to be honest I am getting a little fed up of people taking pot shots at each other on the SA forum, as are the admin.

People on this forum have different views .... accept it! If you don't then all we have are threads turning into posters criticising and chastising each other and that won't be accepted under site rules.

If you have an issue with that then please don't discuss it on here, take it up with me privately.

There are no double standards here, as someone said. I'm just trying very hard to cut you some slack to keep the threads running, otherwise I just end up constantly deleting posts and closing threads, which is no fun for anyone.
Old Jul 20th 2007, 12:25 am
Banned

mingusdynasty has much to be proud ofmingusdynasty has much to be proud ofmingusdynasty has much to be proud ofmingusdynasty has much to be proud ofmingusdynasty has much to be proud ofmingusdynasty has much to be proud ofmingusdynasty has much to be proud ofmingusdynasty has much to be proud ofmingusdynasty has much to be proud ofmingusdynasty has much to be proud ofmingusdynasty has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Pablo
Are you surprised, NTS? The man has no integrity at all. He is like a bar-room drunk who sits in the corner spoiling for a fight - jab, jab, jab, prod, prod, prod - until eventually someone socks him in the jaw and sends him sprawling on the ground in a pool of beer and puke, and then he lies there shouting from the floor in a tirade of drunken pointless ineffectual abuse.

He posts messages here about Mandela, a man whose name he can't even spell, not because he cares or understands anything, but merely to stir up a fight. He knows nothing about Mandela, or Africa. He likens Mandela to Churchill, another man he knows nothing about. He sneers at the suffering of others, he mocks the victims of crime, he dismisses the supporters of rape victims as lesbians.

The only positive thing is that he doesn't have a chance in hell of being let in to South Africa, thank God. So he just sits on the sidelines, an emptyheaded know-nothing, embittered by his own failure in life, and sniping at everyone else.

Pablo
You love me really don't you Pablo, honey?

I really can't let this one go. Please supply the EVIDENCE that I have, as you say :

"He sneers at the suffering of others, he mocks the victims of crime, he dismisses the supporters of rape victims as lesbians."

If you can't it's time to put up and shut up. I await your response. With baited breath and your usual powers of insightfulness.
Old Jul 20th 2007, 6:16 am
NTS
NTS

NTS has a brilliant futureNTS has a brilliant futureNTS has a brilliant futureNTS has a brilliant futureNTS has a brilliant futureNTS has a brilliant futureNTS has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Mitzyboy
If I thought it was a fair comment I wouldn't have removed it
I didnt realise you had removed the post. But you did allow it and agree with it at the time it seeemed to me. In post 188 you said "cant you see mingus is sorry......". After that you then removed the post for being inflammatory!.

I understand that 'admin' would prefer this site not to be heated, but I dont think you can get away from heated discussion when it comes to SA. But certain posters whose aim is to stir up should have their accounts deleted.

You can tell who they are because their posts simply dont make sense, and their arguments are not coherent.
Old Jul 20th 2007, 6:41 am
Banned

mingusdynasty has much to be proud ofmingusdynasty has much to be proud ofmingusdynasty has much to be proud ofmingusdynasty has much to be proud ofmingusdynasty has much to be proud ofmingusdynasty has much to be proud ofmingusdynasty has much to be proud ofmingusdynasty has much to be proud ofmingusdynasty has much to be proud ofmingusdynasty has much to be proud ofmingusdynasty has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by NTS
I didnt realise you had removed the post. But you did allow it and agree with it at the time it seeemed to me. In post 188 you said "cant you see mingus is sorry......". After that you then removed the post for being inflammatory!.

I understand that 'admin' would prefer this site not to be heated, but I dont think you can get away from heated discussion when it comes to SA. But certain posters whose aim is to stir up should have their accounts deleted.

You can tell who they are because their posts simply dont make sense, and their arguments are not coherent.
great. Let's censor anybody who doesn't agree with the majority. If your belief system is so fragile it cannot withstand a few jibes, what does that tell you? Who decides who is stiring things up?

Let's be honest. Im sure most of you would like to see the back of me. Well guess what? I aint going anywhere - unless I have my account deleted by mods under pressure from the bullies on this forum.

Last edited by mingusdynasty; Jul 20th 2007 at 6:51 am.
Old Jul 20th 2007, 11:05 am
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by NTS

I'm not going to argue with you on this. The post was removed before I said that Mingus had said he was sorry, not after. It was removed when I saw it. I didn't allow it! If you have a problem with moderation matters please keep it to pm, don't discuss on here.
Old Jul 20th 2007, 11:18 am
NTS
NTS

NTS has a brilliant futureNTS has a brilliant futureNTS has a brilliant futureNTS has a brilliant futureNTS has a brilliant futureNTS has a brilliant futureNTS has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Mitzyboy
I'm not going to argue with you on this. The post was removed before I said that Mingus had said he was sorry, not after. It was removed when I saw it. I didn't allow it! If you have a problem with moderation matters please keep it to pm, don't discuss on here.
I dont have a "problem" with it, I just didnt understand why you would seemeingly defend Mings' post and also remove it. I still dont, but OK, lets move on...
Old Jul 20th 2007, 11:20 am
Senior Moment

Originally Posted by NTS
I dont have a "problem" with it, I just didnt understand why you would seemeingly defend Mings' post and also remove it. I still dont, but OK, lets move on...
I wasn't defending Mings post!!!!! I was telling you that he was sorry and asking you to move on. Again, please dont discuss here, pm.
Old Jul 20th 2007, 11:40 am
Forum Regular

6000 is an unknown quantity at this point

Guys, guys!
This is my thread - since Rick B left, it is anyway - and also that the title heading is a little misleading - BUT that aside, I won't have this bickering on here! There are plenty of other threads on here for that!

As you were! (Or rather... weren't...)
Old Jul 20th 2007, 11:49 am
NTS
NTS

Originally Posted by 6000
Guys, guys!
This is my thread - since Rick B left, it is anyway - and also that the title heading is a little misleading - BUT that aside, I won't have this bickering on here! There are plenty of other threads on here for that!

As you were! (Or rather... weren't...)
I wasn't bickering!

(only kidding. Did you see what I did there)

So, 6000, what shall we talk about.? Its difficult to talk to you on this thread about how you've left!
Old Jul 20th 2007, 11:55 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by NTS
I wasn't bickering!

(only kidding. Did you see what I did there)
I saw. I saw.

Originally Posted by NTS
So, 6000, what shall we talk about.? Its difficult to talk to you on this thread about how you've left!
I know. It is a mite confusing. I don't know whether I'm coming or going.

I'm enjoying a "British Weather Day" in Cape Town today. They are few and far between.
It's grey, but not dark. It's not raining, but it's not sunny either. Not hot, not cold.
It's one of those "grey days" you only really get in the UK.

Amazing what makes you think of home, hey?
Old Jul 20th 2007, 12:04 pm
NTS
NTS

Originally Posted by 6000
I saw. I saw.

I know. It is a mite confusing. I don't know whether I'm coming or going.

I'm enjoying a "British Weather Day" in Cape Town today. They are few and far between.
It's grey, but not dark. It's not raining, but it's not sunny either. Not hot, not cold.
It's one of those "grey days" you only really get in the UK.

Amazing what makes you think of home, hey?
I know. On the whole I dont really miss it though.

Just a few little things like going to football, seeing live bands (the Afrikaans music is just not right. Check out Hoordosis on channel 89 (I think its 89)). Thats it though. My list ends there more or less.

I had a read of the Oz bit of this site, and plenty of Brits moaning about Oz. this guy is posting that he really misses going for a walks in the coutryside to visit some roman ruins.

Apparently he is a bit fed up with going to the beach in the sunshine being surrounded by topless Australian girls ... Must be hell...
Old Jul 20th 2007, 12:11 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by NTS
I know. On the whole I dont really miss it though.

Just a few little things like going to football, seeing live bands (the Afrikaans music is just not right. Check out Hoordosis on channel 89 (I think its 89)). Thats it though. My list ends there more or less.

I had a read of the Oz bit of this site, and plenty of Brits moaning about Oz. this guy is posting that he really misses going for a walks in the coutryside to visit some roman ruins.

Apparently he is a bit fed up with going to the beach in the sunshine being surrounded by topless Australian girls ... Must be hell...
At least Hoordosis (yes, Ch.89!) has music on it. Not like VH1 and MTV! Although, yes... the music can be a little... Boere.

I think you have to make compromises and accept the differences when you take the big step and move abroad. Live music is a biggie, but I still see plenty of local football - although I miss my beloved Blades.
And sunbathing Aussie chicks may sound great, but like I said, it's the strange little things that remind you of home sometimes.
The lifestyle, the weather, the scenery, the people are all better than Oxford, where I was for my last 9 years in the UK. That said, I still miss it.

Instant Edit: WTF am I on about - topless Aussie girls are great!