please advise

Old Dec 26th 2007, 10:34 am
Just Joined

ade916 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default please advise

Ive been working in Tanzania since June 07. I have been returning home for my time off (ive not gone over 91 days). The company i work for is Dubai based im paid in US$ and when i started my wages were paid into a UK bank. My wages are now paid into a US bank. i havent yet sent the form off to the tax office for not resident. (I wanted to see if i liked the job) I now plan to stick with this job for the forseeable future. My question is...If i send in the tax forms to declare ex pat will i have to pay UK tax on the wages ive earned to date. I understand about the rules about staying out of the UK for more 91 days etc. Any advice would be appriciated.
Regards and Mery Christmas
Old Dec 26th 2007, 11:17 am
Take it easy

Shakmaty has a reputation beyond reputeShakmaty has a reputation beyond reputeShakmaty has a reputation beyond reputeShakmaty has a reputation beyond reputeShakmaty has a reputation beyond reputeShakmaty has a reputation beyond reputeShakmaty has a reputation beyond reputeShakmaty has a reputation beyond reputeShakmaty has a reputation beyond reputeShakmaty has a reputation beyond reputeShakmaty has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: please advise

Originally Posted by ade916
Ive been working in Tanzania since June 07. I have been returning home for my time off (ive not gone over 91 days). The company i work for is Dubai based im paid in US$ and when i started my wages were paid into a UK bank. My wages are now paid into a US bank. i havent yet sent the form off to the tax office for not resident. (I wanted to see if i liked the job) I now plan to stick with this job for the forseeable future. My question is...If i send in the tax forms to declare ex pat will i have to pay UK tax on the wages ive earned to date. I understand about the rules about staying out of the UK for more 91 days etc. Any advice would be appriciated.
Regards and Mery Christmas
Sorry that I can't give you an answer to this question, but welcome to BE. I think this question would get more chance of a serious answer if you posted it in either the Working Abroad forum or the Rest of the World forum. To be honest, the lounge is usually a knockabout bantering forum so the chances of someone knowing the answer to your question here are quite slim.

Anyway, good luck, and merry Christmas to you
Old Dec 26th 2007, 11:44 am
Just Joined

ade916 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: please advise

Ok I'll try that
cheers