Is this offensive?

Old Jan 23rd 2008, 7:34 pm
Nuts and Bolts

Tegwyn has a reputation beyond reputeTegwyn has a reputation beyond reputeTegwyn has a reputation beyond reputeTegwyn has a reputation beyond reputeTegwyn has a reputation beyond reputeTegwyn has a reputation beyond reputeTegwyn has a reputation beyond reputeTegwyn has a reputation beyond reputeTegwyn has a reputation beyond reputeTegwyn has a reputation beyond reputeTegwyn has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Is this offensive?

I"m off to challenge the DMV, wish me luck Dolly, them folk suck lemons for a living I swear. Please make sure that rental agreement issue is sorted whilst I'm gone. Does the OP have issues with green people?? Cheers.
Old Jan 23rd 2008, 7:36 pm
Greatly Missed. RIP

DollyLlama has a reputation beyond reputeDollyLlama has a reputation beyond reputeDollyLlama has a reputation beyond reputeDollyLlama has a reputation beyond reputeDollyLlama has a reputation beyond reputeDollyLlama has a reputation beyond reputeDollyLlama has a reputation beyond reputeDollyLlama has a reputation beyond reputeDollyLlama has a reputation beyond reputeDollyLlama has a reputation beyond reputeDollyLlama has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Tegwyn
I"m off to challenge the DMV, wish me luck Dolly, them folk suck lemons for a living I swear. Please make sure that rental agreement issue is sorted whilst I'm gone. Does the OP have issues with green people?? Cheers.
Good Luck
Old Jan 23rd 2008, 8:59 pm
Just Joined

FrankieM is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Daxk
Dear Frankiem, see you joined two expat forums on the same day and posted exactly the same question in both.
How many other forums did you post your question on?
I have posted this question on three forums because I wanted to get a consensus of views on this. I realise it is a question that polarises people to an extent and it will inevitably result in a lot of hot air being expended amid the relevant replies. Regardless of what some may think, this is not a troll, I am not sure why you find it hard to believe that it is a serious question.

Some of you have addressed the question and I am grateful to you.
Old Jan 23rd 2008, 9:50 pm
Bugger Off!

Silly Sod has a reputation beyond reputeSilly Sod has a reputation beyond reputeSilly Sod has a reputation beyond reputeSilly Sod has a reputation beyond reputeSilly Sod has a reputation beyond reputeSilly Sod has a reputation beyond reputeSilly Sod has a reputation beyond reputeSilly Sod has a reputation beyond reputeSilly Sod has a reputation beyond reputeSilly Sod has a reputation beyond reputeSilly Sod has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by FrankieM
I have posted this question on three forums because I wanted to get a consensus of views on this. I realise it is a question that polarises people to an extent and it will inevitably result in a lot of hot air being expended amid the relevant replies. Regardless of what some may think, this is not a troll, I am not sure why you find it hard to believe that it is a serious question.

Some of you have addressed the question and I am grateful to you.
Don't worry frankie. I didn't think it was trollish and I have seen more than a few. Polarising issues are what keeps BE alive and kicking and we always go off topic before long. I thought it was a fair question.

Death the the puple-ites I say ha ha
Old Jan 23rd 2008, 9:53 pm
Bugger Off!

Silly Sod has a reputation beyond reputeSilly Sod has a reputation beyond reputeSilly Sod has a reputation beyond reputeSilly Sod has a reputation beyond reputeSilly Sod has a reputation beyond reputeSilly Sod has a reputation beyond reputeSilly Sod has a reputation beyond reputeSilly Sod has a reputation beyond reputeSilly Sod has a reputation beyond reputeSilly Sod has a reputation beyond reputeSilly Sod has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Tegwyn
For Silly Sod.
I have just this minute read the OP's OP and am, of course, kicking myself for being such a dumbass. In light of this the OP is now a twat in my opinion ha ha. Kidding of course. You gotta love the cut and thrust of lively debate aintcha!!!
Old Jan 23rd 2008, 9:57 pm

Redlippie is just really niceRedlippie is just really niceRedlippie is just really niceRedlippie is just really niceRedlippie is just really niceRedlippie is just really niceRedlippie is just really niceRedlippie is just really nice

Originally Posted by Mitzyboy
What about these green people then ....... waving their solar power leaflets in your face, sorting their rubbish into different bins, goddamit its a disgrace!
A friend told me this joke the other day.

A bus conductor in Joeys after April 1994 stood outisde the bus and addressed the people.

'We are now living in the rainbow nation. The new South Africa. From now on there are no black and whites, there are only green people. Will you all please board the bus, with the darker green peoples please sitting in the back'.

Old Jan 23rd 2008, 9:58 pm

Redlippie is just really niceRedlippie is just really niceRedlippie is just really niceRedlippie is just really niceRedlippie is just really niceRedlippie is just really niceRedlippie is just really niceRedlippie is just really nice

If they had described themselves as yellow would the Landlords view have been less Jaundiced?
Old Jan 23rd 2008, 10:06 pm
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by DollyLlama
Watch it Homer!
Hey Marge
Nice to have all the family here
Old Jan 23rd 2008, 10:18 pm
Bugger Off!

Originally Posted by Redlippie
A friend told me this joke the other day.

A bus conductor in Joeys after April 1994 stood outisde the bus and addressed the people.

'We are now living in the rainbow nation. The new South Africa. From now on there are no black and whites, there are only green people. Will you all please board the bus, with the darker green peoples please sitting in the back'.

Its a good in. Reminds of the joke abut communism. A guy tries to join the party and the party official asks: If you had two houses would you give one to your neighbour?
Yes comrade, replies the potential new party member.
If you had two cars would you give one to your neighbour?
Yes comrade, the guy replies.
If you had two bicycles would you give one to your neighbour?
No comrade, the fella says.
No??? Why ever not???!!?
Because, says the potential new member, I have two bicycles!!!

EDIT: Sorry, they are nothing alike, I was thinking about something else. Or maybe not, something about some being more equal than others or something. I have confused myself now
Old Jan 23rd 2008, 10:31 pm
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Silly Sod
Its a good in. Reminds of the joke abut communism. A guy tries to join the party and the party official asks: If you had two houses would you give one to your neighbour?
Yes comrade, replies the potential new party member.
If you had two cars would you give one to your neighbour?
Yes comrade, the guy replies.
If you had two bicycles would you give one to your neighbour?
No comrade, the fella says.
No??? Why ever not???!!?
Because, says the potential new member, I have two bicycles!!!

EDIT: Sorry, they are nothing alike, I was thinking about something else. Or maybe not, something about some being more equal than others or something. I have confused myself now
You're a silly sod
Old Jan 24th 2008, 12:36 am
BE Forum Addict

Daxk has a reputation beyond reputeDaxk has a reputation beyond reputeDaxk has a reputation beyond reputeDaxk has a reputation beyond reputeDaxk has a reputation beyond reputeDaxk has a reputation beyond reputeDaxk has a reputation beyond reputeDaxk has a reputation beyond reputeDaxk has a reputation beyond reputeDaxk has a reputation beyond reputeDaxk has a reputation beyond repute

Would you talk about sinchronicity!!! I've just recieved an email from my letting agent with a request for two French Families to rent my Two weeks in Dullstroom. I mean, I really cant!!
The thought of those dear little frogs on Crutches at the lake after!!
You cannot really get rid of the smell of garlic and the Housekeepers daughter is pretty and Naive after all.!!
Mostly I'm concerned about getting paid, every Frenchman I've ever met
has held onto a centime so long that they are shiny!!
And the spitting!
And as I'm a racist!!! what can i say!!I dont really want to lower the tone
Old Jan 24th 2008, 1:48 am
Bugger Off!

Originally Posted by Mitzyboy
You're a silly sod
Careful Mitzy, Jersey Girl has the monopoly on that phrase lol. She will not take kindly to you stealing it

(you are both right of course )

Well, it's up the wooden hill for me, as me mam used to say. Night all.
Old Jan 24th 2008, 6:40 am
Happily hungover

1066 has a reputation beyond repute1066 has a reputation beyond repute1066 has a reputation beyond repute1066 has a reputation beyond repute1066 has a reputation beyond repute1066 has a reputation beyond repute1066 has a reputation beyond repute1066 has a reputation beyond repute1066 has a reputation beyond repute1066 has a reputation beyond repute1066 has a reputation beyond repute

And as I'm a racist!!! what can i say!!
No you're not. I got the job first! :curse:
Old Jan 24th 2008, 7:13 am
Forum Regular

mary1 has a brilliant futuremary1 has a brilliant futuremary1 has a brilliant futuremary1 has a brilliant futuremary1 has a brilliant futuremary1 has a brilliant futuremary1 has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by FrankieM
Hello,

I have a question about cultural differences.

I own a holiday rental house in France and received an email enquiry that included the sentence "We are a white South African family".

I found this very offensive, the implication to me being, "don't worry, we are not black!"

Am I right to read it in this way, or is it normal in South Africa for people to describe themselves as 'white South African' or 'black South African'?

Thanks for any input you can give me.
Doesn't surprise me.I met my first Afrikaaner who had recently arrived here in Oz. She is very "black and white" in her thinking.She thought that Nelson Mandela was a terrorist.She missed having a maid.
I thought she was joking but she was deadly serious.I asked her what she had thought about United Nations Sanctions and SA not being allowed to play Rugby during th 90,s and she said that the rest of the world was wrong.

I find it strange in this day and age that people can have such colonial attitudes.Quite bizarre.
Old Jan 24th 2008, 7:27 am
Just Joined

dinwiddie98 has a brilliant futuredinwiddie98 has a brilliant futuredinwiddie98 has a brilliant futuredinwiddie98 has a brilliant futuredinwiddie98 has a brilliant futuredinwiddie98 has a brilliant futuredinwiddie98 has a brilliant future

:curse:
Originally Posted by mary1
Doesn't surprise me.I met my first Afrikaaner who had recently arrived here in Oz. She is very "black and white" in her thinking.She thought that Nelson Mandela was a terrorist.She missed having a maid.
I thought she was joking but she was deadly serious.I asked her what she had thought about United Nations Sanctions and SA not being allowed to play Rugby during th 90,s and she said that the rest of the world was wrong.

I find it strange in this day and age that people can have such colonial attitudes.Quite bizarre.
Oh. Have you lived in South Africa?? If not then don't opine about things you know nothing about. I wouldn't dream of commenting on things Aussie because I have never lived there. Nor have I resided in the USA (ditto). Don't form opinions on one remark made by the Afrikaans person. And no, dear old Nelson is no saint as all of the world seems to believe.!!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.