Namibia

Old Jul 11th 2012, 12:44 pm
Just Joined

Sophia1007 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Namibia

Hi Everyone,

I am a single female and I recently got a job offer in Namibia. I'm seriously considering taking it. I lived in Zimbabwe before and I love Africa. I'm thinking at least in Namibia I will be close to home.

Can anyone tell me about Namibia-

Basically how much does it cost to rent say a 2 Bed appartment in the popular cities? And what is the cost of living like?

How much can say a construction professional earn and how much is a decent salary?

I want to know if I will be able to live off ok or if I will struggle with what I'm being offered.

Many thanks in advance
Old Jul 12th 2012, 7:14 pm
Sue
BE Co-Founder

Sue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Namibia

Hi Sophia,

Welcome to BE, and I hope you enjoy being part of our community.

I can't help with your query I'm afraid as I live in the US, but hopefully one of our other members will be along soon who can give you some pointers.

Congrats on the job offer!!
Old Dec 7th 2012, 10:49 pm
Just Joined

MayhemX is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Namibia

Cant answer any of those questions - only went there on a holiday...
What I can tell you is that, what I saw of Namibia, it is nothing like Zimbabwe. So if you are looking for the home feeling, forget it.
Having said that, it is a lovely place and I would love to go back to Swakkopmund and travel North up the Skeleton coast. The heat was something else though (and I've been to Hotazel ! ) and the UV is very dangerous esp along the coast where it reflects off the sea. I got badly sun burnt whilst out fishing for crayfish at 5am

Good luck