Mozambique

Old Aug 27th 2011, 10:17 am
Just Joined

3 greens is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Mozambique

Hello Everbody,

I have the possibility of a move to Mozambique avec my wife. Location is not confirmed yet but i work in support of the Offshore industry.

Could anyone give me some good and bad points about living there?

Thx
Old Aug 27th 2011, 4:15 pm
BE Forum Addict

Daxk has a reputation beyond reputeDaxk has a reputation beyond reputeDaxk has a reputation beyond reputeDaxk has a reputation beyond reputeDaxk has a reputation beyond reputeDaxk has a reputation beyond reputeDaxk has a reputation beyond reputeDaxk has a reputation beyond reputeDaxk has a reputation beyond reputeDaxk has a reputation beyond reputeDaxk has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Mozambique

depends on where you are going to be?
Maputo is a typical African City.
once you get about 150 k's North of Maputo, from say Xai-Xai it gets better.
If I had my choice of where to live and die, Inhambane is where my heart is, i virtually grew up there and have been back numerous times since Independence,
No Place is totally safe but there appears to be less crap there than across the border in SA
Old Aug 27th 2011, 5:09 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Daxk
If I had my choice of where to live and die, Inhambane is where my heart is, i virtually grew up there and have been back numerous times since Independence,
No Place is totally safe but there appears to be less crap there than across the border in SA
Not sure of the Location yet.
Old Sep 3rd 2011, 6:56 pm
Just Joined

No i don't think so but i will have confermation soon, but its much further north. Pemba area.
Old Sep 3rd 2011, 7:23 pm
BE Forum Addict

Daxk has a reputation beyond reputeDaxk has a reputation beyond reputeDaxk has a reputation beyond reputeDaxk has a reputation beyond reputeDaxk has a reputation beyond reputeDaxk has a reputation beyond reputeDaxk has a reputation beyond reputeDaxk has a reputation beyond reputeDaxk has a reputation beyond reputeDaxk has a reputation beyond reputeDaxk has a reputation beyond repute

You will enjoy Pemba, especially if you like Diving, Fishing and the Colonial lifestyle.
usual caveats of course, dont flash money around.
Old Sep 16th 2011, 9:33 pm
Just Joined

I am looking forward to it.
Old Sep 19th 2011, 11:57 pm
BE Enthusiast

dfjordan has a reputation beyond reputedfjordan has a reputation beyond reputedfjordan has a reputation beyond reputedfjordan has a reputation beyond reputedfjordan has a reputation beyond reputedfjordan has a reputation beyond reputedfjordan has a reputation beyond reputedfjordan has a reputation beyond reputedfjordan has a reputation beyond reputedfjordan has a reputation beyond reputedfjordan has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Daxk
Just out of interest, I recall Inhambane in the early 70´s when it was a vacation paradise. I haven´t been back since, but would like to know how it is now. Could it be recommended for a vacation?
Old Sep 20th 2011, 6:56 am
BE Forum Addict

Inhambane and its associated Beach Tofo has now grown into a myriad f Beaches and resorts starting at Barra Lodge and ending 30k's South.

If you google Inhambane and Holiday there are plenty.

Tofo itself has gone down as access has been too easy, but anywhere that needs low range to get too is better.
all the campsites have security patrols and most are surrounded by wire.
Fortunately, apart from the odd hi-jacking, violence is rare.
Old Sep 26th 2011, 3:18 pm
Mad Moo plus 2

Maddyjvn is a glorious beacon of lightMaddyjvn is a glorious beacon of lightMaddyjvn is a glorious beacon of lightMaddyjvn is a glorious beacon of lightMaddyjvn is a glorious beacon of lightMaddyjvn is a glorious beacon of lightMaddyjvn is a glorious beacon of lightMaddyjvn is a glorious beacon of lightMaddyjvn is a glorious beacon of lightMaddyjvn is a glorious beacon of lightMaddyjvn is a glorious beacon of light

Daxk - What is the cost for a British Citizen to get a visa to Mozambique?

I've been told a load of different codswallop...We're thinking of heading up there after Xmas for some fishing to a mates lodge.
Old Sep 26th 2011, 9:24 pm
BE Enthusiast

Location: Melbourne, Australia & Maputo, Mozambique, working in Somalia
JR230898 is a glorious beacon of lightJR230898 is a glorious beacon of lightJR230898 is a glorious beacon of lightJR230898 is a glorious beacon of lightJR230898 is a glorious beacon of lightJR230898 is a glorious beacon of lightJR230898 is a glorious beacon of lightJR230898 is a glorious beacon of lightJR230898 is a glorious beacon of lightJR230898 is a glorious beacon of lightJR230898 is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Maddyjvn
Daxk - What is the cost for a British Citizen to get a visa to Mozambique?

I've been told a load of different codswallop...We're thinking of heading up there after Xmas for some fishing to a mates lodge.
I concur with what Wikipedia currently quotes, I flew into Maputo Jan 11 & gained a 30 day tourist then, experienced different prices at Namaacha and Ressano Garcia:

$77 (2010) at the South African land border (Lebombo/Ressano Garcia), $10 at the Mozambican Consulate in Swaziland and $25 on arrival at Maputo International airport. However, as of January, 2011, the cost for EU and US passport holders at the recently opened and modern Maputo International Airport facility was US$82 for a single entry visa
Old Sep 27th 2011, 12:18 pm
Mad Moo plus 2

Maddyjvn is a glorious beacon of lightMaddyjvn is a glorious beacon of lightMaddyjvn is a glorious beacon of lightMaddyjvn is a glorious beacon of lightMaddyjvn is a glorious beacon of lightMaddyjvn is a glorious beacon of lightMaddyjvn is a glorious beacon of lightMaddyjvn is a glorious beacon of lightMaddyjvn is a glorious beacon of lightMaddyjvn is a glorious beacon of lightMaddyjvn is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by JR230898
I concur with what Wikipedia currently quotes, I flew into Maputo Jan 11 & gained a 30 day tourist then, experienced different prices at Namaacha and Ressano Garcia:

$77 (2010) at the South African land border (Lebombo/Ressano Garcia), $10 at the Mozambican Consulate in Swaziland and $25 on arrival at Maputo International airport. However, as of January, 2011, the cost for EU and US passport holders at the recently opened and modern Maputo International Airport facility was US$82 for a single entry visa
I won't be flying we'll be driving from SA. I think cross boarder prices are different. I'll try the UK consulate number again I think in Pretoria and find out. Thanks though. Useful to know if I fly in.
Old Sep 27th 2011, 1:57 pm
BE Enthusiast

Location: Melbourne, Australia & Maputo, Mozambique, working in Somalia
JR230898 is a glorious beacon of lightJR230898 is a glorious beacon of lightJR230898 is a glorious beacon of lightJR230898 is a glorious beacon of lightJR230898 is a glorious beacon of lightJR230898 is a glorious beacon of lightJR230898 is a glorious beacon of lightJR230898 is a glorious beacon of lightJR230898 is a glorious beacon of lightJR230898 is a glorious beacon of lightJR230898 is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Maddyjvn
I won't be flying we'll be driving from SA. I think cross boarder prices are different. I'll try the UK consulate number again I think in Pretoria and find out. Thanks though. Useful to know if I fly in.
It was cheaper to come via the Swazi border gates than coming via Komatipoort/Ressano Garcia and I think the reason is because, now at Ressano Garcia they have an all singing/dancing fancy visa they stick in your passport for which they have to take a headshot photo of you. At the Swazi gates, it is still just a simple stamp.
Old Oct 1st 2011, 11:09 pm
Mad Moo plus 2

Originally Posted by JR230898
It was cheaper to come via the Swazi border gates than coming via Komatipoort/Ressano Garcia and I think the reason is because, now at Ressano Garcia they have an all singing/dancing fancy visa they stick in your passport for which they have to take a headshot photo of you. At the Swazi gates, it is still just a simple stamp.
Cheers I'll defo take that into consideration when I plan the route.
Old Jun 6th 2012, 11:17 am
Just Joined

nomad4u is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello All.
I spent a lot of time in L M and Beira back in SA apartheid days when I lived in Durban.
I see now Mozambique has joined the British commonwealth.
How Bizarre!
Can anyone advise if retiree visas are available for Brit PP holders to settle in Mozambique.
I are aware of the 30 day tourist visa for all,but I cant even find an email addy for any Mozambique embassy to answer that question.
I have been to the Mozambique Brit embassy site,but I cant find any contact emails there.
Anyone got a clue?
Got to get out of Okker land,cant afford it any more,too expensive,too many rules and laws,and too many yobbos here.
Thailand has had its day,Indonesia is too treacherous,likewise Malaysia also becoming that way,and India,well I would be dead from old age before I got the paperwork finished :-((
Old Jun 6th 2012, 11:27 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Alfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by nomad4u
Hello All.
I spent a lot of time in L M and Beira back in SA apartheid days when I lived in Durban.
I see now Mozambique has joined the British commonwealth.
How Bizarre!
Can anyone advise if retiree visas are available for Brit PP holders to settle in Mozambique.
I are aware of the 30 day tourist visa for all,but I cant even find an email addy for any Mozambique embassy to answer that question.
I have been to the Mozambique Brit embassy site,but I cant find any contact emails there.
Anyone got a clue?
Got to get out of Okker land,cant afford it any more,too expensive,too many rules and laws,and too many yobbos here.
Thailand has had its day,Indonesia is too treacherous,likewise Malaysia also becoming that way,and India,well I would be dead from old age before I got the paperwork finished :-((

Looks like you sure have travelled around a bit!

Don't know the answer, but wish you best of luck!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.