Reload this Page >

Mauritius and The Seychelles

Mauritius and The Seychelles

Old Apr 9th 2013, 10:18 am
Forum Regular

Ash786 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Mauritius and The Seychelles

Hello All

I spent about 6 months working in Saudi Arabia and returned back to the UK in January of this year. Having survived there, I feel I can survive anywhere in the world!. So my next quest is to find out about Mauritius and the Seychelles. This is just a preliminary enquiry (probably the first of many). I am a railway engineer by profession so I would suspect that there is no call for such people in either of these two places and if I am absolutely honest, it is an industry that I would like to get out of and start afresh doing something else. I work as an independent contractor and I will probably set up a limited company soon and want to diversify my investment and income by not relying solely on railway engineering.

I am open to the idea of investing in an existing business or opening my own business over there. I am married with two kids. I am not naive and I do realise that holidaying in a place (not that I've ever been) is vastly different to living and working there but this is just to find out from those who have settled over there.

1) Could someone be good enough to post the official links of where I can more info about investing in these two countries.

2) Has anyone invested over there? I would love to hear from any expats already over there. What has been your experience so far? Happy to hear everything (good and bad)

3) What sort of business would be suitable over there? I imagine teaching is already well supplied, as is catering, watersports etc but any ideas would be appreciated. What government protection (if any) is offered to foreign investors? Are there any business angel clubs (perhaps based in either embassy in the UK) that I can get in touch with?

4) Are kids allowed to enrol at state schools? If so what are they like? I assume that all teaching is in French and/or Creole? What are the private schools like both in terms of education quality and cost.

5) Now the big one, the cost of living. What would be a suitable income to live comfortably in either country?

This is a prolonged enquiry so I'm not upping sticks just yet. Likewise I am also looking at other destinations as possible moves for the family. I appreciate that I am asking a lot for a first timer, but all help and advice would be appreciated.

I am between computers/internet provider at the moment so I may not be able to reply straight away to messages, so please do not consider any non-response from me as a sign of rudeness!

Thanks
Ash
Old Apr 14th 2013, 11:46 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

scot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Mauritius and The Seychelles

http://www.expatmauritius.com/

http://www.mauritius.fineandcountry....d=22&Itemid=36

Last edited by scot47; Apr 14th 2013 at 11:49 am.
Old Apr 15th 2013, 7:05 am
Forum Regular

Ash786 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Mauritius and The Seychelles

Thanks for posting the links

A.