To Maputo from Johannesburg?

Old Mar 5th 2005, 6:58 pm
Just Joined

Boache is an unknown quantity at this point
Unhappy To Maputo from Johannesburg?

Hi,
I'm going to fly to London via Johannesburg next month. The problem
is that I don't know how I'm going to travel from
Maputo to Johannesburg? I have heard about the Greyhound bus, but unfortunately its drop off point is miles from the airport. I was thinking about a coach arriving and leaving for Maputo straight from Johannesburg airport!?

Thanks a lot

Boache

Maputo
Old Mar 6th 2005, 1:31 am
Account Closed

TouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really nice
Default Re: To Maputo from Johannesburg?

Originally Posted by Boache
Hi,
Maputo to Johannesburg? I have heard about the Greyhound bus, but unfortunately its drop off point is miles from the airport. I was thinking about a coach arriving and leaving for Maputo straight from Johannesburg airport!?

Thanks a lot

Boache

Maputo
How about flying to Johannesburg Airport? The price of a flight is probably the same or close as a coach price, and there are numerous flights every day.
Old Mar 6th 2005, 12:42 pm
Just Joined

Unhappy Re: To Maputo from Johannesburg?

Originally Posted by izibear
How about flying to Johannesburg Airport? The price of a flight is probably the same or close as a coach price, and there are numerous flights every day.
Hi Izibear

Thanks for your reply. Unfortunately, a flight from Maputo to Joburg international airport is hideously expensive. It much cheaper to go by road from Maputo to Joburg airport.

My problem is that i do not know of any coaches leaving from Maputo which go directly to (or close to) the airport.
Old Mar 6th 2005, 2:15 pm
Forum Regular

aburob has a brilliant futureaburob has a brilliant futureaburob has a brilliant futureaburob has a brilliant futureaburob has a brilliant futureaburob has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Boache
Hi,

Thanks a lot

Boache

Maputo
I am surprised the GreyHound doesn't go to the airport? It would seem an obvious place to pick up and drop off tourists. If the Greyhound goes to any of the hotels in Joburg you could probably catch a shuttle bus (microbus) to the airport.

Good luck
Old Mar 6th 2005, 3:10 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by aburob
I am surprised the GreyHound doesn't go to the airport? It would seem an obvious place to pick up and drop off tourists. If the Greyhound goes to any of the hotels in Joburg you could probably catch a shuttle bus (microbus) to the airport.

Good luck
Hi thanks-It looks as if your suggestion might be my best bet. I will contact the Greyhound bus service just to check that it does no go (near to) the airport.