Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Rest of the World > Africa
Reload this Page >

Introduce yourself before posting

Introduce yourself before posting

Old Mar 31st 2011, 7:08 pm
Sue
BE Co-Founder

Sue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Introduce yourself before posting

Hi sueffun,

Sorry to read about the things that have affected your family and your friends.

I'm not in SA but I wanted to pop by and welcome you to BE. I hope that you can connect with others who post here and that you enjoying being part of our little virtual community.
Old Mar 31st 2011, 7:33 pm
Sueffun

sueffun is just really nicesueffun is just really nicesueffun is just really nicesueffun is just really nicesueffun is just really nicesueffun is just really nicesueffun is just really nicesueffun is just really nicesueffun is just really nicesueffun is just really nicesueffun is just really nice

Thank you for your welcome, i am really enjoying this site and have spent nearly my entire evening reading different posts from various forums, its so informative. Makes a change from Facebook..
Old Mar 31st 2011, 7:54 pm
Sue
BE Co-Founder

Sue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sueffun
Thank you for your welcome, i am really enjoying this site and have spent nearly my entire evening reading different posts from various forums, its so informative. Makes a change from Facebook..
I'm so pleased you are enjoying reading it. BE is certainly packed full of info, humour, disagreements and laughter .... just one big family really

Please don't hesitate to give me a shout if you can stuck on anything.
Old Apr 24th 2011, 2:54 pm
Just Joined

famtreegal76 is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Re: Introduce yourself before posting

I'm a bit late in replying to this thread, but hi all!!!. I'm looking for my half cousin's, whose dad, Maurice James Davies, was born in Shropshire, England in 1925, but emmigrated to SA. Rhodesia, i think he eventually settled at, with his wife Rhoda.

Maurice, was known as 'Jim', in the family. His mum Beatrice, was the same mum, of my mum Mary. They just had different dad's!!!. My granny Beatrice, didn't get married til 1928, in Easthope, Shropshire, UK. Like i said, she had had 'Jim', 3 years before. Naughty girl!!!!.

I've had no joy in finding his children, who are Jamie Davies, and Pamela Jane Wilkerson, (nee davies). Pamela, wed a Rob Wilkerson, on 7 march 1987.

My mum mary, hasn't heard from her half brother 'jim', for a few years now, so we presume he died in the 1990's perhaps??. I think mum would be interested to find our relations, we just haven't been very successful. Very sad, when families lose contact with each other.

I found a lovely old pic of 'Jim' the other day, that my mum had, in a stash of other old pics of fam members. I'd love to be able to share that pic with his children, if they wanted it. Just have to find em first!!!.

If anyone can help, or has any suggestions on how i can find out about them???, let me know

From,

Val, in Shropshire, England
Old Apr 30th 2011, 1:00 pm
Just Joined

TammyTam is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Mitzyboy
Just so everyone has an idea of who you are and what you are doing, why not post a few lines here just introducing yourself to the other SA forum members

Then get posting!
Tammy from London, mother to 2 daughters,married. Moving to Gambia shortly.
Old Apr 30th 2011, 2:53 pm
Sue
BE Co-Founder

Originally Posted by TammyTam
Tammy from London, mother to 2 daughters,married. Moving to Gambia shortly.
Hi Tammy,

Nice to meet you and welcome to BE
Old May 8th 2011, 5:31 pm
bdv
Just Joined

bdv is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi everybody,

So for an introduction - I'm a 28 year old female living in England. I was born in South Africa and my family lived there until I was 9 years old. I've not been back since.

I am planning on going out to South Africa for a few months; an extended visit to consider possibly living there in the future. The destination point is Cape Town. I guess like everyone who is thinking about or planning a significant move, I am full of questions!... and concerns. I hope to study this site and gleam what I can from the information and wisdom contained within - and perhaps, hopefully, bend a few ears with specific queries I have.

Thanks, and looking forward to it.
Old May 17th 2011, 6:04 pm
Just Joined

millie57 is an unknown quantity at this point

hi im karen, moved to SA 4 yrs ago, from the uk, couldnt have children of my own so my husband and i adopted 3 beautiful black children.. best decision ever made.my husband is SA born.. right now i need advise
Old May 17th 2011, 7:08 pm
BE Forum Addict

Daxk has a reputation beyond reputeDaxk has a reputation beyond reputeDaxk has a reputation beyond reputeDaxk has a reputation beyond reputeDaxk has a reputation beyond reputeDaxk has a reputation beyond reputeDaxk has a reputation beyond reputeDaxk has a reputation beyond reputeDaxk has a reputation beyond reputeDaxk has a reputation beyond reputeDaxk has a reputation beyond repute

Do tell.
Old May 18th 2011, 7:06 pm
Just Joined

TammyTam is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Sue
Hi Tammy,

Nice to meet you and welcome to BE
Thanks Sue!
Old May 18th 2011, 9:10 pm
Just Joined

Emmy932 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi, I am moving to Cape Town in as little as 3 months time as my partner has been offered a transfer there for 2 years with his company. He spent a month out there but I have never been.

He has been told he needs a Inter Company Transfer visa and that I can then apply along with it or a dependant visa, this would then allow me to work anywhere in SA. The problem is I want to have a job before going to South Africa but have been told finding work in SA is very difficult!

I would appreciate any help on where is best to go for looking for a job and wheter I can do this on a dependent visa.

Many thanks

Emma
Old May 19th 2011, 8:59 am
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Emmy932
Hi, I am moving to Cape Town in as little as 3 months time as my partner has been offered a transfer there for 2 years with his company. He spent a month out there but I have never been.

He has been told he needs a Inter Company Transfer visa and that I can then apply along with it or a dependant visa, this would then allow me to work anywhere in SA. The problem is I want to have a job before going to South Africa but have been told finding work in SA is very difficult!

I would appreciate any help on where is best to go for looking for a job and wheter I can do this on a dependent visa.

Many thanks

Emma
Hi Emma

Start a post in the main forum, as this is generally just for introductions
Old May 20th 2011, 9:46 am
Just Joined

Suloak is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello, everyone.

I've posted in the main introduction area, but I'll introduce myself here too. I'm a South African married to a British guy and have a lot of questions when it comes to moving us to South Africa and this looks like a very helpful place.
Old May 20th 2011, 10:17 am
Mad Moo plus 2

Maddyjvn is a glorious beacon of lightMaddyjvn is a glorious beacon of lightMaddyjvn is a glorious beacon of lightMaddyjvn is a glorious beacon of lightMaddyjvn is a glorious beacon of lightMaddyjvn is a glorious beacon of lightMaddyjvn is a glorious beacon of lightMaddyjvn is a glorious beacon of lightMaddyjvn is a glorious beacon of lightMaddyjvn is a glorious beacon of lightMaddyjvn is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Suloak
Hello, everyone.

I've posted in the main introduction area, but I'll introduce myself here too. I'm a South African married to a British guy and have a lot of questions when it comes to moving us to South Africa and this looks like a very helpful place.
Hey - I'm a Brit married to a South African. He was in London for 10 years but we decided to move this side just over 3 years ago.

There are some really helpful expats on this site. People with a grip on the reality of South Africa as it is at the moment. Sometimes life here is frustrating the crime is a real issue. However I wouldn't let that put a dampner on your plans. For all the bad there is a lot of good eminating from society here. We have a fabulous life here and certainly both my hubby and I are confirmed we made the right choice to move back here.

Just a warning you'll get a lot of negative input from some users on this site. Although I understand some have had negative experiences many have either heard the rumours about life here through South African friends in the UK, or abandoned their lives here for reasons of direct fear of crime and the politics. I guess you have to weigh up on do you always believe what you read.

I love life here, am careful and have a fulfilled and blessed life. I never knew the pre-apartheid era so I can only go on what I have here and its truely a mixed life of up and downs, learning and culture. The weather speaks for itself and majority of people are moving forward for a better life here in SA.

If I can help answer some questions just let me know. I'll speak from my experience only and not the bitter past the country has had to bear! Having lived in multicultural London I know exactly how it feels to be coming to what is now a multicultural South Africa. South africa isn't there in terms of equality but its more a class than race thing these days. I guess we have more in common with the rest of the world now than we think!

Have fun, enjoy the forums and if you want less serious conversation come and join us in the Lounge area for a lighter approach to life!

Good luck

Madz
Old May 20th 2011, 12:18 pm
Sue
BE Co-Founder

Originally Posted by Suloak
Hello, everyone.

Hi and welcome to BE. I hope you enjoy being part of our littel virtual community.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.