Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Rest of the World > Africa
Reload this Page >

Introduce yourself before posting

Introduce yourself before posting

Old May 31st 2010, 11:21 am
Just Joined

usman imam is just really niceusman imam is just really niceusman imam is just really niceusman imam is just really niceusman imam is just really niceusman imam is just really niceusman imam is just really niceusman imam is just really nice
Default Newbie Usman Imam ( Ngiyajabula ukukwazi!)

My name is Usman Imam, I am 31 yrs old, married with a beautiful wife and four adoring children ages from 2 yrs to 14 yrs. I currently reside in South Africa. I am a shop keeper at Zazzle Creative Designs. I have a Masters Degree in Sociology from the University of Cambridge in the Uk.
My interest in life is in helping those less fortunate to stand and make a better life and future for themselves and their families. I have an intense love for Africa and all its people. I am truly proud that for the first time in History our Continent is hosting a World Event. This is an Historic Moment in History. I hope you will join me in the celebration. Please Don't forget the Memories, you will cherish them and past them along to your children many, many times in life. You will tell stories that you were there to witness Africas coming of age . To learn more about me> <snip>

Last edited by Sue; May 31st 2010 at 3:28 pm. Reason: Please don't post links to your site. It might be a good idea to familirise yourself with our site rules. Thx
Old Jul 12th 2010, 8:28 am
Just Joined

marcofoo is just really nicemarcofoo is just really nicemarcofoo is just really nicemarcofoo is just really nicemarcofoo is just really nicemarcofoo is just really nicemarcofoo is just really nicemarcofoo is just really nice
Default Re: Introduce yourself before posting

Hi everyone,

I've done a brief intro on the main forum 'The Welcome Inn'.

Basically I'm here for advice for moving to Cape Town for work. It's all explained here... http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=672304

Old Jul 19th 2010, 9:08 pm
Just Joined

lydiajones is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi,

I'm Lydia, married to Mike with 3 kids in primary school. We will be moving from London to Cape Town in the new year if not before.

I'd love to know how the English education system compares to the one they're be transferring into in terms of the curriculum. I'm wondering whether the kind of things they have been learning in Year 2 here are similar to what they are learning in Grade 2 there. Can anyone enlighten me?

Thanks,
Lydia
Old Jul 19th 2010, 10:48 pm

dreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Newbie Usman Imam ( Ngiyajabula ukukwazi!)

Originally Posted by usman imam
My name is Usman Imam, I am 31 yrs old, married with a beautiful wife and four adoring children ages from 2 yrs to 14 yrs. I currently reside in South Africa. I am a shop keeper at Zazzle Creative Designs. I have a Masters Degree in Sociology from the University of Cambridge in the Uk.
My interest in life is in helping those less fortunate to stand and make a better life and future for themselves and their families. I have an intense love for Africa and all its people. I am truly proud that for the first time in History our Continent is hosting a World Event. This is an Historic Moment in History. I hope you will join me in the celebration. Please Don't forget the Memories, you will cherish them and past them along to your children many, many times in life. You will tell stories that you were there to witness Africas coming of age . To learn more about me> <snip>

Hi usman

Welcome to BE.
I hope you enjoy your time on here.

South Africa - beautiful place - I can see why you are proud.

Dread - x
Old Jul 19th 2010, 10:51 pm

dreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lydiajones
Hi,

I'm Lydia, married to Mike with 3 kids in primary school. We will be moving from London to Cape Town in the new year if not before.

I'd love to know how the English education system compares to the one they're be transferring into in terms of the curriculum. I'm wondering whether the kind of things they have been learning in Year 2 here are similar to what they are learning in Grade 2 there. Can anyone enlighten me?

Thanks,
Lydia
Hi Lydia

I'm just popping over here to say welcome to BE.
I cannot answer your question as I am normally found lurking on the Goa forum, but I am sure some regulars here will be able to answer you.
Cape Town is a beautiful place and I hope your move goes smoothly and you enjoy your new life there.

Dread - x
Old Jul 20th 2010, 7:25 am
h_b
Just Joined

h_b is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi

I'm from the UK and with my SA boyfriend of 7 years, am looking at moving to Cape Town for a year to see whether it could work longer term for us. I'm trying not to have any preconceptions (good or bad!) about what it might be like, but I think its fair to say we're both aware of the possible pitfalls, hence a 'trial period' before we make any committments.

We're in the process of trying to figure out the best way that we could go there and I can work - for once the tables are turned, as it was a fairly lengthy process to ensure he could claim dual Portuguese and SA citizenship to be able to stay in the UK!

I sense it will be a interesting few months ahead...
Old Jul 20th 2010, 6:29 pm

Hi HB

Welcome to BE.
My advice would be to check out the threads on the Africa forum and post any questions you have on there. I am sure that other members will be able to give you the answers and offer lots of tips and advice to help you through the process.
There is also a Wiki section on the site which may be worth reading as it is full of info.
Personally I love South Africa and have travelled there many times, so I hope you will love it too. For what it's worth I think giving Cape Town a trial period of time before deciding on a permanent move is a really good idea.

Good luck with everything

Dread - x
Old Aug 9th 2010, 2:47 pm
Just Joined

Lyndsay is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi everyone, I'm Moving to South Africa at the end of August!! Really looking forward to it. Can anyone give me information on any dance/ theater groups, I'm going to the kempton park area. x
Old Aug 9th 2010, 3:24 pm
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Lyndsay
Hi everyone, I'm Moving to South Africa at the end of August!! Really looking forward to it. Can anyone give me information on any dance/ theater groups, I'm going to the kempton park area. x
Hi Lindsay and welcome to the forum. Why not start a thread in the main section, as this is just an introduction thread
Old Aug 31st 2010, 3:06 am
Just Joined

ILeftMyHeartInCaboVerde is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Re: Introduce yourself before posting

Hello all! I was born in and still live in London but want to move to Sal Cabo Verde.

Hoping to meet people who are also thinking of moving out there or have already done so.
Old Sep 9th 2010, 9:13 am
Just Joined

longtalljules is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi there!

I am a 28 year old living currently in Delhi and planning to move to Nairobi early next year...

Thank you!

Old Sep 21st 2010, 8:41 pm
Just Joined

JoburgExpat is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi, I moved to South Africa (via Germany and the U.S.) a little over 6 months ago as part of our family's expat assignment. I've been busy blogging about our experience at <snip> and other than a sometimes almost insurmountable bureaucracy (which, on the bright side, gave me plenty of material to blog about) we have not encountered any problems. This has been a wonderful place for us to live.

Last edited by Sue; Sep 22nd 2010 at 11:53 am. Reason: Please don't post links to your site. Thanks
Old Sep 25th 2010, 6:43 pm
Just Joined

MariaKW is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Re: Introduce yourself before posting

Hi everyone!

I'm Maria. I'm from South East London but currently living in Johannesburg (Midrand to be precise) with my South African husband and our 2 kids. We moved here about 18 months ago after years of debating whether or not to go - I can thankfully say we have no regrets. We are very settled and happy.
Old Sep 26th 2010, 3:37 pm

Post Re: Introduce yourself before posting

Originally Posted by Lyndsay
Hi Lyndsay

Welcome to BE.
I'm sorry I can't answer your questions as I am usually found lurking on the Goa forum. However if you post your question onto the Africa forum I am sure those expats who have settled in your new homeland to be will be able to offer you lots of helpful information.
You can find the Africa forum by pressing the 'index forum' tab on the p[unk bar at the top of this page. Scroll down the lost of countries until you find Africa then just double click and you're in. Don't be shy, just post on there, and feel free to join in any of the threads going on.

Enjoy the fun and the banter and good luck with your move - you chose to go to a beautiful country.

Dread - x
Old Sep 26th 2010, 3:42 pm

Originally Posted by longtalljules
Hi there!

I am a 28 year old living currently in Delhi and planning to move to Nairobi early next year...

Thank you!

Hi Longtall jules

Welcome to BE - like the site name by the way.
We have a forum dedicated to Africa. You can find it by pressing the 'forum index'tab on the pink bar at the top of this page, scroll down and then just dopuble click on Africa and you're in.
I am sure you will find some fellow expats in Nairobi to get chatting with, and I am sure you will get lots of good tips to help youir move go smoothly.

Good luck with your move - Kenya is a beautiful place

Dread - x

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.