Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Rest of the World > Africa
Reload this Page >

Introduce yourself before posting

Introduce yourself before posting

Old Jan 16th 2010, 5:21 pm
BE Forum Addict

Daxk has a reputation beyond reputeDaxk has a reputation beyond reputeDaxk has a reputation beyond reputeDaxk has a reputation beyond reputeDaxk has a reputation beyond reputeDaxk has a reputation beyond reputeDaxk has a reputation beyond reputeDaxk has a reputation beyond reputeDaxk has a reputation beyond reputeDaxk has a reputation beyond reputeDaxk has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Introduce yourself before posting

"I like the country and its people I feel he should apply for Canadian citizenship for she and the baby...thoughts???"
Definitely, Things change in Africa at the drop of a hat.
Best to discuss in open forum tho as this is for introductions
Old Feb 3rd 2010, 12:52 pm
Just Joined

scouse ferret is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Newby

I am soon moving to take up a post with the British Council in Tripoli Libya.
At the moment this mature TEFLer is working in Germany at Siemens as a department trainer.
I would like to connect with people already working in Libya.
I am looking forward to the total change of place and do not feel worried. But any information, experience good or bad and general impressions of mature women working in Libya.
scouse ferret
Old Feb 5th 2010, 12:31 pm
Just Joined

alvintc is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi,
It's likely I'll soon be heading back to SA (was there 08-09 for work), Durban area (specifically Umhlanga).

Myself (<30 male) and my much better half will be heading out there to give it a go, we've given ourselves a 2 year trial period to see how it goes.

If there's anyone with any advice/ recommendations please let me know!

Alvin
Old Mar 4th 2010, 3:16 pm
Just Joined

salsa67 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi, My name is linda and have just recently came to live in Lagos. I would like very much to meet other british expats liviving here.
Old Mar 9th 2010, 10:11 am
Just Joined

chelsea22 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi,

I am moving to take up a job in Tripoli Libya.

I am a British woman looking to connect with people already working in Libya.

I am looking forward to my move and do not feel worried as I have worked in Saudi Arabia before, But any information, experience good or bad and general information from women working in Libya would be appreciated.
Old Mar 11th 2010, 8:28 am
Just Joined

Chris_Rostron is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi everyone,

Chris from sunny southport in the UK, have now moved to Cape Town and am interested in talking and meeting with other expats here too
Old Mar 14th 2010, 3:04 pm
Just Joined

sarahmic is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by chelsea22
Hi,

I am moving to take up a job in Tripoli Libya.

I am a British woman looking to connect with people already working in Libya.

I am looking forward to my move and do not feel worried as I have worked in Saudi Arabia before, But any information, experience good or bad and general information from women working in Libya would be appreciated.
Hi there
If you have worked in Saudi Arabia then living and working in Libya will be far easier. I have been working in Libya for over a year and I really enjoy it, write to me on [email protected] and I will give you some more details on life there as a female expat as well as my experience there so far.
sarah
Old Mar 21st 2010, 2:28 am
Just Joined

bellchops is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi

I'm almost definately going to move to Cape Town after the world cup with my boyfriend of 4+yrs who is orig from Joberg. I'm English from Halifax in West Yorkshire, but have spent the last 5 yrs living in south Leeds. I have been to visit SA a couple of times. We're currently travelling Australia which has been a lot of fun and we're planning to open a small business when we get to Cape Town so have A LOT of planning to do!!

So hi fellow expats to be I hope to speak to you guys soon!

Bells
Old Mar 23rd 2010, 8:12 am
Just Joined

rayexUkinSA is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Bells,

Good luck with the move to CT. I moved to Jo'burg a year ago with my partner. A Life Partner Permit is probably you best route in. You will need evidence of being together such as joint bank accounts, utility bills, rent agreements and even letters from friends.

It is good that you are arriving with an SA citizen. Hopefully he has a SA bank account and residential address?

Enjoy the rest of your travels.

ray
Old Mar 28th 2010, 4:31 pm
Just Joined

tn_24 is an unknown quantity at this point

Soon to be in Tripoli, Libya, any F&B, foodies etc. ????
Old Mar 31st 2010, 9:45 am
Just Joined

smileone is an unknown quantity at this point

hi, i m the backpacker travel in and around Africa. especially Lamu. I hope here i can share my experience for newcomers.
Old Mar 31st 2010, 10:17 am
Just Joined

Ann-e is an unknown quantity at this point

I'm Scottish, married to a Belgian, have lived in Joburg for 12 years. Love all the good bits, very scared of the bad bits. Will be returning to Europe in a few years from now.
Old Apr 6th 2010, 6:24 pm
Just Joined

Ianuk is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi everyone, my name is Ian, I currently live in the UK (Isle of Wight) while I am studying but hoping to move to South Africa possibly Pretoria in the next few years.
Old Apr 6th 2010, 6:40 pm
Just Joined

sarahmic is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by tn_24
Soon to be in Tripoli, Libya, any F&B, foodies etc. ????
Hi there
Good restaurants are mainly found in the 5 star hotels as well as a few others in Ghirgharesh and the old town. Depends on what you fancy eating, whether its typical libyan food or more european type food. 'lamma' gergaresh is really nice and very good, 'Attaur' in the old town is also really good if you want some typical libyan food,
Radisson has a good italian restaurant and so does the corinthia which also has a great moroccan restaurant with lovely views.. The waddatn has a very good moroccan style restaurant too.
s
s
Old May 8th 2010, 9:41 am
Just Joined

KittKat is an unknown quantity at this point

I am Turkish , and have been in Libya since 5 months.I had been in Tripoli for 4 months and now I have moved to Benghazi with the same company which specializes in construction.It is my first working experience abroad.We work a lot and dont have much time to socialize.I am trying to reach the international community who lives in Benghazi.I want to know the local culture and see what can I do here to entertain.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.