Immigration help

Old Apr 16th 2015, 11:36 am
Just Joined

Symran is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Immigration help

Hi there,
I was wondering if anybody could help me, I am a British Citizen and have a job lined up in Cape Town and start in July, I cannot wait to start and move over I love everything about Cape Town, but I need some proper, helpful immigration advice, as I am only 24 I have been told to apply for a work exchange permit with an employment letter which I have, but then I'm being told to have a contract by someone else? Would really really appreciate it if someone knew any immigration firms based in UK that can help me. Look forward to hearing from people thank you
Symran
Old Apr 16th 2015, 3:18 pm

ededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Immigration help

Originally Posted by Symran
Hi there,
I was wondering if anybody could help me, I am a British Citizen and have a job lined up in Cape Town and start in July, I cannot wait to start and move over I love everything about Cape Town, but I need some proper, helpful immigration advice, as I am only 24 I have been told to apply for a work exchange permit with an employment letter which I have, but then I'm being told to have a contract by someone else? Would really really appreciate it if someone knew any immigration firms based in UK that can help me. Look forward to hearing from people thank you
Symran
Hi Symran, and welcome to BE.

I'm sure the others on here will agree that if you have a job lined up then the onus is on your employer to sort the paperwork out. This means they should get your visa and all suitable documentation for you. I'd be skeptical of a job offer for somewhere like SA where they told you to go and do this yourself.

First step is check with your prospective employer's HR department and see what they've done for you. Getting this without their assistance is going to be very difficult indeed.
Old Apr 16th 2015, 3:26 pm
Just Joined

Symran is an unknown quantity at this point

Thank you for your reply there's no real hr department for the job as its only a hair salon so it's not a massive company and so all I have really is a letter of employment and a contract for the job I think this is new aswell to the lady who owns the salon I have full confidence in the job and where it's based
Old Apr 16th 2015, 10:45 pm

ededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Symran
Thank you for your reply there's no real hr department for the job as its only a hair salon so it's not a massive company and so all I have really is a letter of employment and a contract for the job I think this is new aswell to the lady who owns the salon I have full confidence in the job and where it's based
Forgive my cynicism, but I think you may struggle to get a work permit based on the type of job you're going to do.

Unless anyone here can advise differently?
Old Apr 22nd 2015, 8:01 pm
Proudly Scarberian

Pizzawheel has a reputation beyond reputePizzawheel has a reputation beyond reputePizzawheel has a reputation beyond reputePizzawheel has a reputation beyond reputePizzawheel has a reputation beyond reputePizzawheel has a reputation beyond reputePizzawheel has a reputation beyond reputePizzawheel has a reputation beyond reputePizzawheel has a reputation beyond reputePizzawheel has a reputation beyond reputePizzawheel has a reputation beyond repute

This is a popular scam- the immigration agency you need will be in RSA, not the UK; the company offering the contract might put you in touch with some one to help- and a couple of grand later, everyone disappears.

With over 20% unemployment and hair dressing being the standard work for unskilled females, there would be zero chance of getting a permit. And if it's a high end salon aimed at straight hair (as it's distinguished down there) they'd be better of training the best of this endless workforce to tackle new hair challenges, than bringing someone in.

Finally, you have seen on the news all the various attacks on immigrant workers (legal or not) & businesses by the loval people who are finding life after apartheid a huge let down.