How safe is Cairo now?

Old Jan 5th 2013, 11:54 pm
Just Joined

Funkymonkeez is an unknown quantity at this point
Default How safe is Cairo now?

Hi there,
We are thinking of relocating to Egypt and was wondering how safe Cairo / Egypt is now after the revolutions? Any advice would be brilliant. Thanks.
Old Jan 31st 2013, 3:39 pm
Just Joined

Freshie is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: How safe is Cairo now?

Well, I really don't know much about Egypt, but I do know, that the advices of the foreign & commonwealth office are quite secure. So just risk a glance at that site! ;-)
Old May 8th 2013, 7:09 pm
Just Joined

MAGELANE is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Funkymonkeez
Hi there,
We are thinking of relocating to Egypt and was wondering how safe Cairo / Egypt is now after the revolutions? Any advice would be brilliant. Thanks.
Hello,
I don't know if you have made your decision yet... but we have been living in Cairo for almost 2 years now and I have to say that the situation down here is much better than anything you see on TV!
The life after the revolution has nothing in common with the life before (according to the "old cairots") but it is OK. I can't say it is very enjoyable... part of it because of the traffic and the "uncertainty" of the future... We are also facing shortage of imported goods as the $ is getting so expensive and scarce. But, if you are ready for a bit challenging life, if you like golf, sea and sun... don't hesitate!
Old May 12th 2013, 7:13 pm
Just Joined

Funkymonkeez is an unknown quantity at this point

Thank you for your posting. Unfortunately my husband didn't get the job opportunity we were hoping for but we are still looking so it is good to hear that life is different than you see on the tv. The info about the dollar is useful when looking at wages. Thank you. Enjoy the sunshine!
Old May 13th 2013, 7:09 am
Just Joined

MAGELANE is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Funkymonkeez
Thank you for your posting. Unfortunately my husband didn't get the job opportunity we were hoping for but we are still looking so it is good to hear that life is different than you see on the tv. The info about the dollar is useful when looking at wages. Thank you. Enjoy the sunshine!
Hello,
Regarding the $... Negotiate your salary, package or anything in $... Or you may end up with not much... Even the landlord are requesting renting $ ( even if this is forbidden)... And you can't find currency on the market, unless going to the black market...
Have a nice day... Wherever you are :-)