Generic questions!

Old Nov 20th 2007, 2:03 pm
Member Delux

Juggernaut has a brilliant futureJuggernaut has a brilliant futureJuggernaut has a brilliant futureJuggernaut has a brilliant futureJuggernaut has a brilliant futureJuggernaut has a brilliant futureJuggernaut has a brilliant future
Default Re: Generic questions!

Wonder if Amb will ask her buddies in SA if PMS is allowed over there
But of course it is ...are you trying to make a light of the whole situation ??

Man you really are sick !
Old Nov 20th 2007, 5:36 pm
Banned

Campbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Juggernaut
But of course it is ...are you trying to make a light of the whole situation ??

Man you really are sick !
Yeah, must be the drinking water

Or lack of it

Shocking
Old Nov 20th 2007, 11:41 pm
BE Forum Addict

Daxk has a reputation beyond reputeDaxk has a reputation beyond reputeDaxk has a reputation beyond reputeDaxk has a reputation beyond reputeDaxk has a reputation beyond reputeDaxk has a reputation beyond reputeDaxk has a reputation beyond reputeDaxk has a reputation beyond reputeDaxk has a reputation beyond reputeDaxk has a reputation beyond reputeDaxk has a reputation beyond repute

Hey amb, earlier we were discussing the rape gate and bits of security.

Could I ask that raise the following questions with anyone living in SA?
Especially the B/f's family with whom you will be living?
When you arrive at the front gate, wil you have passed through a boom with a security Guard? Is there a security Guard at the front gate?
The perimeter and gate, Electric Fencing or Coils of razor wire?
As you approach the House,Dogs and Security lights should be going off, lighting up.
At the front door and every opening door, there will be security doors, preferably on the inside.
Windows will probably have either expanding security gates called Trellidors or spanish bars to close them off.(can be a bit difficult in case of fire)
There is normally a working Zoned Alarm, connected to ARMED response ,including panic Buttons and code words in case of duress.
Depending on the size of the House and it's layout, the bedrooms will be separated from the TV Room /Lounge etc by a security gate or two(my case 3 but that was my house layout.
Big Dogs are usually outside but a yapper small family pet usually sleeps in the bedrom section.
How many fire arms do your prospective in-laws own and carry?
Do they have any sort of routine when leaving or coming home late at nigt?

I suggest you ask these questions and then assess the answers according to why all of this is neccessary.?
I dont know your B/f's family, I do know SA and Gauteng.
Old Nov 20th 2007, 11:50 pm
BE Enthusiast

Stanley10 is an unknown quantity at this point

I thought you were going to be totally positive from now on?
Old Nov 20th 2007, 11:58 pm
BE Forum Addict

Daxk has a reputation beyond reputeDaxk has a reputation beyond reputeDaxk has a reputation beyond reputeDaxk has a reputation beyond reputeDaxk has a reputation beyond reputeDaxk has a reputation beyond reputeDaxk has a reputation beyond reputeDaxk has a reputation beyond reputeDaxk has a reputation beyond reputeDaxk has a reputation beyond reputeDaxk has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Stanley10
I thought you were going to be totally positive from now on?
What was negative about taking precautions?
Stanley10, those are factual descriptions of most of the houses, no matter who owns them , in middle to upper "class" suburbia, Gauteng.
Do you dispute it?
Old Nov 21st 2007, 12:13 am
BE Enthusiast

Not at all, in fact it could almost have been my old house, I was just expecting more posts about sunsets and clubbing.
Old Nov 21st 2007, 12:24 am
BE Forum Addict

I can be very positive about sunsets and clubbing, especially as how they make me feel.
Regarding the clubbing, were you referring to the social adjective or the verb?
Old Nov 21st 2007, 12:29 am
BE Enthusiast

Social adjective.
Old Nov 22nd 2007, 11:30 am
Forum Regular

rosario will become famous soon enough
Question Re: Generic questions!

Hi

I have been reading this thread from the beginning and I would like to ask
why is it only South Africa out of all the other African countries that has this terrible crime. If you exclude the African countries that are at war, as a white or black you are relative safe in countries like Zambia, Ghana Uganda (perhaps not the North)and Kenya to name a few. I do not know the murder figures for these countries but I am sure if the figures were high we would all know.While in general you have to take normal precautions and avoid no go areas you do not have to be on high alert. There does not seem to be the hatred which there is with crime in South Africa even towards your own people. I have spend over 20 years living and working in Africa and never met that hatred

I have a friend now living in the UK who spent 30 years in Joburg and she believes that much of the crime, car stealing etc have whites involved....

Old Nov 22nd 2007, 1:52 pm
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by rosario
Hi

I have been reading this thread from the beginning and I would like to ask
why is it only South Africa out of all the other African countries that has this terrible crime. If you exclude the African countries that are at war, as a white or black you are relative safe in countries like Zambia, Ghana Uganda (perhaps not the North)and Kenya to name a few. I do not know the murder figures for these countries but I am sure if the figures were high we would all know.While in general you have to take normal precautions and avoid no go areas you do not have to be on high alert. There does not seem to be the hatred which there is with crime in South Africa even towards your own people. I have spend over 20 years living and working in Africa and never met that hatred

I have a friend now living in the UK who spent 30 years in Joburg and she believes that much of the crime, car stealing etc have whites involved....

Rosario, please do not post again under this screen name until you reply to my email.
Old Nov 22nd 2007, 3:19 pm
Forum Regular

rosario will become famous soon enough
Question Re: Generic questions!

Originally Posted by Mitzyboy
Rosario, please do not post again under this screen name until you reply to my email.
I have now replied to your email please advise
Old Nov 22nd 2007, 4:45 pm
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by rosario
I have now replied to your email please advise
working on it, give me a moment
Old Nov 22nd 2007, 4:55 pm
Senior Moment

Originally Posted by Mitzyboy
working on it, give me a moment
you have email