Reload this Page >

Caribean/south africa????

Caribean/south africa????

Old Apr 17th 2005, 1:24 pm
Just Joined

markkp is an unknown quantity at this point
Question Caribean/south africa????

Hi all

I am looking to move from the uk and at the moment am torn between the caribean and S.Africa, I am a quilfied commercial diver and also looking into qualifying as a sport Dive instructor. Any advice or suggestions any one out there may have will be greatly recieved...

Many thanks all
Old May 5th 2005, 1:55 pm
Forum Regular

eliscolin has a brilliant futureeliscolin has a brilliant futureeliscolin has a brilliant futureeliscolin has a brilliant futureeliscolin has a brilliant futureeliscolin has a brilliant future
Default Re: Caribean/south africa????

I am English and currently live back in the UK. I spent 20 years in South Africa with a few short spells back in the UK, Zimbabwe and Australia.

I have been back in the UK 11 years and have missed SA everyday since I left. However in my opinion it will only go the way of Zimbabwe in the end.

Personally I don't blame anybody who wants to leave the UK for all the obvious reasons....climate, overpopulation and property that is now ridiculously valued for what it is.

In my opinion people who have a bit of money (not lots)should seriously start looking towards places such as Central and South America....Brazil, Costa Rica, Mexico, Chile and even Argentina.

Moving is never easy and there are obviously risks attached especially when trying to find work.

I work in the computer industry and for me it is more complicated. It means either getting a job with a multi national (easier said than done) or setting up a business.

Luckily my wife is Brazilian and we are in the process of helping my in laws fund a mini supermarket in Brazil. Once it is established we intend to leave the UK and set up in Brazil.

Once over there we will have at least established an income which should help me springboard into other new ventures.