Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Rest of the World > Africa
Reload this Page >

Cape town voted a top destination by travel guide!

Cape town voted a top destination by travel guide!

Old Jul 3rd 2007, 4:14 pm
Nuts and Bolts

Tegwyn has a reputation beyond reputeTegwyn has a reputation beyond reputeTegwyn has a reputation beyond reputeTegwyn has a reputation beyond reputeTegwyn has a reputation beyond reputeTegwyn has a reputation beyond reputeTegwyn has a reputation beyond reputeTegwyn has a reputation beyond reputeTegwyn has a reputation beyond reputeTegwyn has a reputation beyond reputeTegwyn has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Cape town voted a top destination by travel guide!

Originally Posted by 80safrikan
yawn.......... so anybody who doesnt tow the line is a troll around here ?

did you even read what I said ? mayby I have a point ....
You don't.
Old Jul 3rd 2007, 4:31 pm

hatfield1 is an unknown quantity at this point

I see what you wrote. Was there a point? You don’t want me to spend my $$$$ there? That will help? I believe I had positive comments about CT in my previous post. Sorry I will not feed you.
Old Jul 3rd 2007, 5:15 pm
Sue
BE Co-Founder

Sue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond repute

yawn.......... so anybody who doesnt tow the line is a troll around here ?

did you even read what I said ? mayby I have a point ....
No but you've been warned before about your inflammatory posts. As you have not heeded those warnings you are no longer welcome here and your account has been disabled.

Sue
Old Jul 3rd 2007, 5:21 pm
BE Forum Addict

Daxk has a reputation beyond reputeDaxk has a reputation beyond reputeDaxk has a reputation beyond reputeDaxk has a reputation beyond reputeDaxk has a reputation beyond reputeDaxk has a reputation beyond reputeDaxk has a reputation beyond reputeDaxk has a reputation beyond reputeDaxk has a reputation beyond reputeDaxk has a reputation beyond reputeDaxk has a reputation beyond repute

You hate a black government and you hate anything to be going well in SA... ?

As far as I know the ANC are representative of the population demographic,ie they are not ONLY a black Govt??

I have said it before, none of you were activly involved with South African affairs when the old regime was in power, very interesting to see you all so active now.......

Excuse me?? how do you know that??

please dont come back, EVEN for a holiday
OK!!
Old Jul 3rd 2007, 5:22 pm
BE Forum Addict

Daxk has a reputation beyond reputeDaxk has a reputation beyond reputeDaxk has a reputation beyond reputeDaxk has a reputation beyond reputeDaxk has a reputation beyond reputeDaxk has a reputation beyond reputeDaxk has a reputation beyond reputeDaxk has a reputation beyond reputeDaxk has a reputation beyond reputeDaxk has a reputation beyond reputeDaxk has a reputation beyond repute

Apologies, I had'nt seen Sue's post.
Old Jul 3rd 2007, 5:45 pm

hatfield1 is an unknown quantity at this point

Here is some news about CT, was it a UFO or just steam from 80safrikan’s ears.

http://www.news24.com/News24/Gallery...1-4300,00.html
Old Jul 3rd 2007, 6:07 pm
BE Forum Addict

See, even the Aliens are coming to sea!!!
Old Jul 3rd 2007, 6:15 pm
Nuts and Bolts

Tegwyn has a reputation beyond reputeTegwyn has a reputation beyond reputeTegwyn has a reputation beyond reputeTegwyn has a reputation beyond reputeTegwyn has a reputation beyond reputeTegwyn has a reputation beyond reputeTegwyn has a reputation beyond reputeTegwyn has a reputation beyond reputeTegwyn has a reputation beyond reputeTegwyn has a reputation beyond reputeTegwyn has a reputation beyond repute

...it's a bird.....it's a plane......no, it's superman!
Old Jul 3rd 2007, 7:22 pm
BE Forum Addict

Gatiep turns to Meraai and says..........................................?
Old Jul 3rd 2007, 8:13 pm
Happily hungover

1066 has a reputation beyond repute1066 has a reputation beyond repute1066 has a reputation beyond repute1066 has a reputation beyond repute1066 has a reputation beyond repute1066 has a reputation beyond repute1066 has a reputation beyond repute1066 has a reputation beyond repute1066 has a reputation beyond repute1066 has a reputation beyond repute1066 has a reputation beyond repute

Bliksem!!
Old Jul 3rd 2007, 9:44 pm
Account Closed

TouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really nice

Old Jul 4th 2007, 9:26 am

Kitten24 is an unknown quantity at this point

Sorry, I've not been around but I am particularly negative about SA at the moment. My Dad was robbed again last night (the second time in two weeks) and they've taken everything they left last time, except his guns. (Which we are terrified they will come back for again as they couldn't get the safe open even with an angle grinder)

He is sick as a dog at the moment as his one kidney has failed and the other one is on it's way out too, and to come home and find you have nothing left is devastating. He is a broken man this morning.

I feel I cannot sit here and read someone spouting rubbish about how the crime isn't that bad, without getting very angry and saying something awful, so I am staying clear for a while. And to anyone who comes on here and says that my Dad deserved this... %*$£&!"%
Old Jul 4th 2007, 9:29 am
Forum Regular

6000 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by hatfield1
DON’T FEED THE TROLLS:curse:
All very well, but I'm confused as to who is the troll here?!?

A perfectly reasonable thread about Cape Town being voted a great tourist destination (which it is), hijacked (pun intended) by someone trying to tell me I'll get mugged on Table Mountain.
Sure - I might, but it might also happen in Rio, London, Paris or anywhere else too. The muggings on the mountain are few and far between but attract a disproportionate amount of publicity.

I don't think 80safrikan's response was at all well put, but I don't think he was the troll here. I live in Cape Town - it's not as bad as people are making out on virtually every thread on here. There really is no need for this hysteria.
Old Jul 4th 2007, 10:26 am
Account Closed

TouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really nice

Originally Posted by Kitten24
Sorry, I've not been around but I am particularly negative about SA at the moment. My Dad was robbed again last night (the second time in two weeks) and they've taken everything they left last time, except his guns. (Which we are terrified they will come back for again as they couldn't get the safe open even with an angle grinder)

He is sick as a dog at the moment as his one kidney has failed and the other one is on it's way out too, and to come home and find you have nothing left is devastating. He is a broken man this morning.

I feel I cannot sit here and read someone spouting rubbish about how the crime isn't that bad, without getting very angry and saying something awful, so I am staying clear for a while. And to anyone who comes on here and says that my Dad deserved this... %*$£&!"%
Kitten. Words fail me as I read this. Yet another life being affected in this unnatural way. I am so sorry for what he is going through. I hope and pray that his heath is restored. The rest are things and can be replaced.

Hugs and best wishes. My thoughts are with your family at this time.
Old Jul 4th 2007, 11:00 am
Happily hungover

1066 has a reputation beyond repute1066 has a reputation beyond repute1066 has a reputation beyond repute1066 has a reputation beyond repute1066 has a reputation beyond repute1066 has a reputation beyond repute1066 has a reputation beyond repute1066 has a reputation beyond repute1066 has a reputation beyond repute1066 has a reputation beyond repute1066 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Kitten24

Kitten, my heart goes out to you and your Dad.

I left SA because I, too, had been robbed once too many times, and I know the sickening feeling that goes with it.

Best wishes for you both .... especially your Dad.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.