Reload this Page >

Cape Town - short term accommodation in a safe area

Cape Town - short term accommodation in a safe area

Old Jun 12th 2014, 7:53 am
Just Joined

mew28 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Cape Town - short term accommodation in a safe area

Hi,

I am moving to Cape Town to do an internship for three months. As is the nature of these things, I'm on a budget, but want to be living somewhere safe (I'm travelling alone and am female). Two suggestions have been made. One is to stay in a private room in a hostel on New Church Street, the other is to stay on the University campus on Stanley Road, Rondebosch .

I would really appreciate people's feedback on these two locations. Being safe is more important to me than the nightlife!

Thanks for all your help.
Old Jun 24th 2014, 3:42 am
BE Enthusiast

kiwibok is a glorious beacon of lightkiwibok is a glorious beacon of lightkiwibok is a glorious beacon of lightkiwibok is a glorious beacon of lightkiwibok is a glorious beacon of lightkiwibok is a glorious beacon of lightkiwibok is a glorious beacon of lightkiwibok is a glorious beacon of lightkiwibok is a glorious beacon of lightkiwibok is a glorious beacon of lightkiwibok is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Cape Town - short term accommodation in a safe area

Difficult to do both safe and on a budget in CT.
Good luck
Old Jun 24th 2014, 8:02 am

ededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond repute

The university campus is almost certainly going to be the safer option. Never entirely safe, but they have access control and security guards, so that would be my choice.
Old Jul 28th 2014, 7:28 am
Just Joined

ngch is an unknown quantity at this point

how was your groote schurr experience?
any safety issues?