Brit attacked in S.A.

Old Feb 29th 2008, 9:19 pm
BE Enthusiast

talbot is a glorious beacon of lighttalbot is a glorious beacon of lighttalbot is a glorious beacon of lighttalbot is a glorious beacon of lighttalbot is a glorious beacon of lighttalbot is a glorious beacon of lighttalbot is a glorious beacon of lighttalbot is a glorious beacon of lighttalbot is a glorious beacon of lighttalbot is a glorious beacon of lighttalbot is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Brit attacked in S.A.

Just met an old school friend last night who told me her dad had been tortured and murdered in their home in Kloof, Natal.

Now, in the rest of the world they DON"T torture someone before robbing them.
In SA there is a hatred for whites.
Old Feb 29th 2008, 9:48 pm
Forum Regular

Devonfamily is just really niceDevonfamily is just really niceDevonfamily is just really niceDevonfamily is just really niceDevonfamily is just really niceDevonfamily is just really niceDevonfamily is just really niceDevonfamily is just really niceDevonfamily is just really niceDevonfamily is just really niceDevonfamily is just really nice

Originally Posted by talbot
Just met an old school friend last night who told me her dad had been tortured and murdered in their home in Kloof, Natal.

In SA there is a hatred for whites.
Hi Talbot,

Things there are really bad now. I actually feel glad not to be there as I'd rather be safe in my home in the UK.

Is really sad about your friends dad - how horrendous to have to go through that - shame man - just doesnt bare thinking about

My Uncle's ex-wife was hijacked in Westville (Essex Terrace) in January. She was shot and it pierced her liver. She has been in and out of ICU at the San, Durbs - ever since. She is a healthy woman but she has undergone emergency surgery as soon as they got her to hospital, she was recovering then developed an abscess from the bullet. She still hasnt got home and tomorrow is March. She is just very luck to be alive! The 3rd time she's been hijacked since April last year!

I see you are in Aus - we are heading to Adelaide in the next 18mths (I'm originally from Durban).
Looking forward to sunshine, heat and swimming pool in our back garden.

Last edited by Devonfamily; Feb 29th 2008 at 9:51 pm. Reason: Added info
Old Feb 29th 2008, 9:50 pm

Redlippie is just really niceRedlippie is just really niceRedlippie is just really niceRedlippie is just really niceRedlippie is just really niceRedlippie is just really niceRedlippie is just really niceRedlippie is just really nice

Oh, you lot are just so NEGATIVE........
Old Feb 29th 2008, 9:58 pm
Banned

Campbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to behold

[QUOTE=talbot;6001194]Just met an old school friend last night who told me her dad had been tortured and murdered in their home in Kloof, Natal.

In SA there is a hatred for whites.[/QUOTE]

Yes and the slaughter of those is what Africa calls

Ethnic cleansing

A few SAS boys will sort these F#^kers out
Old Feb 29th 2008, 10:10 pm

Redlippie is just really niceRedlippie is just really niceRedlippie is just really niceRedlippie is just really niceRedlippie is just really niceRedlippie is just really niceRedlippie is just really niceRedlippie is just really nice

Unfortunately Devon, most of those that wear those rose spectacles think what we tell them, are nothing but a bunch of fairytales at best, we're lying at worst, or, and this is the clincher, it will never happen to them.

Originally Posted by Devonfamily
Hi Talbot,

Things there are really bad now. I actually feel glad not to be there as I'd rather be safe in my home in the UK.

Is really sad about your friends dad - how horrendous to have to go through that - shame man - just doesnt bare thinking about

My Uncle's ex-wife was hijacked in Westville (Essex Terrace) in January. She was shot and it pierced her liver. She has been in and out of ICU at the San, Durbs - ever since. She is a healthy woman but she has undergone emergency surgery as soon as they got her to hospital, she was recovering then developed an abscess from the bullet. She still hasnt got home and tomorrow is March. She is just very luck to be alive! The 3rd time she's been hijacked since April last year!

I see you are in Aus - we are heading to Adelaide in the next 18mths (I'm originally from Durban).
Old Feb 29th 2008, 10:13 pm
BE Forum Addict

Daxk has a reputation beyond reputeDaxk has a reputation beyond reputeDaxk has a reputation beyond reputeDaxk has a reputation beyond reputeDaxk has a reputation beyond reputeDaxk has a reputation beyond reputeDaxk has a reputation beyond reputeDaxk has a reputation beyond reputeDaxk has a reputation beyond reputeDaxk has a reputation beyond reputeDaxk has a reputation beyond repute

Campbell?? are you mad??
SAS?? Boys!! Children!!

32 battalion (Disbanded,Ignored,Bored) is sitting in Pomfret, done a bit of policing in 1992/3, AnC made it a condition of the talks that they be forgotten.
If you'd like to see friend "Terror" Lekota leave a little Brown ridge in his Parly Chair, suggest 32 battalion patrol the streets.
Old Mar 3rd 2008, 1:28 pm
Just Joined

threelegs is an unknown quantity at this point

This makes very sobering reading I must say, we have purchased a property in Umhlanga north of Durban and whilst youre very aware of the security precautions being taken by people genarally my previous visits there have done nothing to dampen my enthusiasm for the place.

I am moving down there in December with my family because we believe in giving the place a chance.

martin
Old Mar 3rd 2008, 1:47 pm
Just Joined

dinwiddie98 has a brilliant futuredinwiddie98 has a brilliant futuredinwiddie98 has a brilliant futuredinwiddie98 has a brilliant futuredinwiddie98 has a brilliant futuredinwiddie98 has a brilliant futuredinwiddie98 has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Redlippie
Unfortunately Devon, most of those that wear those rose spectacles think what we tell them, are nothing but a bunch of fairytales at best, we're lying at worst, or, and this is the clincher, it will never happen to them.
No No Lippie , don't you mean we are all rabid racists. That's all of us ,everyone who chats on here and don't forget the whitey in S.A he's racist too. My heart bleeds when I hear these sob stories in newspapers on tv etc. best tellers of tall tales ever. Oh! woe is me, it's whitey's fault I am so hard done by.
Old Mar 3rd 2008, 3:15 pm
Nuts and Bolts

Tegwyn has a reputation beyond reputeTegwyn has a reputation beyond reputeTegwyn has a reputation beyond reputeTegwyn has a reputation beyond reputeTegwyn has a reputation beyond reputeTegwyn has a reputation beyond reputeTegwyn has a reputation beyond reputeTegwyn has a reputation beyond reputeTegwyn has a reputation beyond reputeTegwyn has a reputation beyond reputeTegwyn has a reputation beyond repute

Good luck Martin. My niece lives there with her two children at the moment while waiting for final immigration documentation. Umhlanga also faces some of the countrywide issues but overall security is pretty good in that area. Her hubby is the guy that owns a lot of the armed response companies in SA.
Old Mar 3rd 2008, 4:21 pm
Just Joined

I have lived in the isle of man for 20yrs so we are going from one extreme to the other. I am not a stupid guy and would certainly never knowingly put my young family at unneccessary risk, perhaps living the life 24/7 will change my mind but i think the country and the people on the whole are amazing and iam making a huge gamble in the human spirit and ingenuity. time will tell...........

martin
Old Mar 3rd 2008, 4:48 pm

Originally Posted by threelegs
I have lived in the isle of man for 20yrs so we are going from one extreme to the other. I am not a stupid guy and would certainly never knowingly put my young family at unneccessary risk, perhaps living the life 24/7 will change my mind but i think the country and the people on the whole are amazing and iam making a huge gamble in the human spirit and ingenuity. time will tell...........

martin
I think what you're doing is extremely foolish but hey, people will learn through experience. I just hope that nothing happens to your young family, but just be aware that the chances of something happening, are EXTREMELY high, seeing S.A. is considered one of the most dangerous countries in the world. And no, that is not fear-mongering. That is pure and utter FACT.
Old Mar 3rd 2008, 6:21 pm
Just Joined

i would appreciate learning of any personal expriences you may have had or lessons that can be learnt vicariously, i am not in denial here, we have weighed the ps and cs very long and hard and i am still gleaning as much info as i can so we are as prepared as can be.

martin
Old Mar 3rd 2008, 6:35 pm
Banned

Campbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by threelegs
i would appreciate learning of any personal expriences you may have had or lessons that can be learnt vicariously, i am not in denial here, we have weighed the ps and cs very long and hard and i am still gleaning as much info as i can so we are as prepared as can be.

martin
Hey Martin,

There are plenty of examples on the forum

Have you read those?

I would like to suggest that if you are requesting some input from people on this forum you actually put up an introduction so we can get to know you a bit.

Obviously depending on your background will have an impact or your life in South Africa? For example you could be ex SAS (well you are not going to share that one !)

Other example: Will you be working in Durban central ?

It may be an idea to indicate what sort of info you are looking for,” as much info as possible” is very broad.

Cheers and good luck
Old Mar 3rd 2008, 7:42 pm
BE Enthusiast

talbot is a glorious beacon of lighttalbot is a glorious beacon of lighttalbot is a glorious beacon of lighttalbot is a glorious beacon of lighttalbot is a glorious beacon of lighttalbot is a glorious beacon of lighttalbot is a glorious beacon of lighttalbot is a glorious beacon of lighttalbot is a glorious beacon of lighttalbot is a glorious beacon of lighttalbot is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Redlippie
Oh, you lot are just so NEGATIVE........
This is a serious, sensitive subject we're talking about that has directly affected most of us on the site.
It helps to let off a bit of steam and "talk" to others who have experienced similar situations because it's not something we can talk to anybody about unless they have been through it themselves and understand.

If you're going to make light of it, then get off this site please!
Old Mar 3rd 2008, 8:50 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Devonfamily
Hi Talbot,

Sorry to hear about your uncle's ex-wife...

We've been in melbourne 2 years and in the UK for 16 years. It's lovely here, just like a safe SA. Adelaide's known as a smaller version of Melbourne, so should be good.

Good luck!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.