Reload this Page >

Bring me my machine gun

Bring me my machine gun

Old Sep 25th 2008, 12:06 am
BE Enthusiast

Stanley10 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Bring me my machine gun

Originally Posted by Pablo
You seem to forget, when you trot out this wearisome sports analogy, that when the player is an incompetent buffoon, he misses the ball completely.
Fair enough, but if he then makes any contact with the man he gets sanctioned accordingly, (free kick , yellow or even red card). Try and play the ball Pabs.

You present no argument. You have no point. You merely snipe, snipe, snipe.
And where was your argument in that diatribe?
Old Sep 25th 2008, 12:43 am
Forum Regular

El_Chango has a brilliant futureEl_Chango has a brilliant futureEl_Chango has a brilliant futureEl_Chango has a brilliant futureEl_Chango has a brilliant futureEl_Chango has a brilliant futureEl_Chango has a brilliant future

Where is the insipid sports analogy in "no Zuma, no country"?

If I'm the judge swimming in the cesspool of decision makers for the future of Mr Zuma, I'm thinking to myself, is justice really worth my niece getting her throat cut, or worse? Is justice worth seeing the shell of my son with a goodyear melted onto his carcass on my doorstep? Hell no, I'm just an underpaid functionary; I think I'll call my cousin and accept that teaching position in that community college in Columbus Ohio, screw this noise. I'll call the ANC commissar and tell him I've seen the light, and tell Jacob not to worry by the way.
Old Sep 25th 2008, 8:04 am

Kitten24 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Pisces
Hi Kitten,

I may be wrong but I remembering reading you were heading to Oz after visiting SA. Are you settled yet and enjoying life?
Oooh, you been checking up on me. (Only teasing)

We are only leaving for SA in November and will then spend 3 months there. That's part of the reason I've been checking up on things, if there are any problems (more than the usual) then there is no way I am taking my kids there. Anyway, we are only heading to Aus in February, I'll let you know how we get on when we get there.
Old Sep 26th 2008, 1:03 am
Forum Regular

Pisces has a brilliant futurePisces has a brilliant futurePisces has a brilliant futurePisces has a brilliant futurePisces has a brilliant futurePisces has a brilliant futurePisces has a brilliant future

We have been here for a year and are loving it. It is very similar to SA and have found the Ozzies to be really friendly. Things are really expensive tho' and we are struggling a bit but once I can start working next year hopefully they will improve.
We spent 15 years in Dubai and would go back every year to SA (jhb and Ct) on holiday) and our children loved it. Visited the wine farms, fed giraffes, visited the cheetahs etc. but we could never relax and it was always a pretty stressful holiday. We have decided we will not return even for a holiday and when the day comes that we do have to go for family reasons we will each go seperately and leave the other at home with the children.
Old Sep 26th 2008, 10:10 am
Member Delux

Juggernaut has a brilliant futureJuggernaut has a brilliant futureJuggernaut has a brilliant futureJuggernaut has a brilliant futureJuggernaut has a brilliant futureJuggernaut has a brilliant futureJuggernaut has a brilliant future

If I'm the judge swimming in the cesspool of decision makers for the future of Mr Zuma, I'm thinking to myself, is justice really worth my niece getting her throat cut, or worse? Is justice worth seeing the shell of my son with a goodyear melted onto his carcass on my doorstep? Hell no, I'm just an underpaid functionary; I think I'll call my cousin and accept that teaching position in that community college in Columbus Ohio, screw this noise. I'll call the ANC commissar and tell him I've seen the light, and tell Jacob not to worry by the way.
EL Chango, the commentary above was really I'll conceived. The phrase 'dont believe the hype' comes to mind.

I would hate to see JZ becoming our president before really proving his innocence but just like any other citizen we should allow him defend himself in any manner the law allows. Should we start cutting corners, taking shortcuts in his case then where do we stop.

What an insult to our judiciary calling them a “cesspool of decision makers. "..Tell Jacob not to worry..", you are calling Judge Nicholson corrupt a conspirator ?. Do you know something about the case we as the South African public dont or do you understand the judge to be of dubious character ,please share.
When during the last 14 years of our democracy have a judge's family or a judge himself been targeted by any of our politicians or their "henchmen" in such a case ?
Using sickening images such as you have only serves to sensationalize not inform.

From being a interested fairly neutral observer to the S.A threads on the forum, you have jumped on the bandwagon and started spewing anti S.A opinions paraded as fact.
Old Sep 26th 2008, 11:10 am
BE Forum Addict

Pablo has a reputation beyond reputePablo has a reputation beyond reputePablo has a reputation beyond reputePablo has a reputation beyond reputePablo has a reputation beyond reputePablo has a reputation beyond reputePablo has a reputation beyond reputePablo has a reputation beyond reputePablo has a reputation beyond reputePablo has a reputation beyond reputePablo has a reputation beyond repute

This is the latest desperate plea from those who are stuck in South Africa. "Maybe we should give Zuma a chance?"

A year ago, the prospect of Zuma as president was met with howls of derision... and those who pointed up the fact were denounced as "negative" (as usual).

Thus the frog boils.
Old Sep 26th 2008, 12:12 pm
BE Forum Addict

Daxk has a reputation beyond reputeDaxk has a reputation beyond reputeDaxk has a reputation beyond reputeDaxk has a reputation beyond reputeDaxk has a reputation beyond reputeDaxk has a reputation beyond reputeDaxk has a reputation beyond reputeDaxk has a reputation beyond reputeDaxk has a reputation beyond reputeDaxk has a reputation beyond reputeDaxk has a reputation beyond repute

"would hate to see JZ becoming our president before really proving his innocence but just like any other citizen we should allow him defend himself in any manner the law allows. Should we start cutting corners, taking shortcuts in his case then where do we stop."

Jugs, thats the point, why does'nt he?
Either the NPA have the evidence or they dont.
Either the 238 transfers of Money that put Shaik in Prison went into Zuma's account and expenses or it did'nt.
Either there is an agreement from Thint to pay Zuma R500,000 a year for
political influence or there is'nt.

This is not like the rape trial where it was her word against his, this is one simple question, was money paid to Zuma, did the payer benefit?
if the answer is yes, he is guilty and should not rule as ANYTHING in the Government.
If the answer is no, then he is cleared.
Old Sep 26th 2008, 2:39 pm
Forum Regular

El_Chango has a brilliant futureEl_Chango has a brilliant futureEl_Chango has a brilliant futureEl_Chango has a brilliant futureEl_Chango has a brilliant futureEl_Chango has a brilliant futureEl_Chango has a brilliant future

Juggernaut, I did not intend to call the SA judiciary a cesspool; for this I apologize. This was rather my visceral reaction to a situation where, with the threats and violent atmosphere that these decision makers work in, I don't see them able to make those decisions free from fear in their close personal lives as well as the larger public sphere where their decisions could be used to spark violent unrest. This has to weigh heavily on their minds, and I was pointing out my own weakness in the face of all that mess, an attitude like:"scew all this, there's always Brazil." The judges are not the cesspool indeed Jugs, thanks for hitting back.
Old Sep 26th 2008, 4:43 pm
Weirdo Latin Dude

Jules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond repute

This is the latest desperate plea from those who are stuck in South Africa. "Maybe we should give Zuma a chance?"

A year ago, the prospect of Zuma as president was met with howls of derision... and those who pointed up the fact were denounced as "negative" (as usual).

Thus the frog boils.
I`m not from your part of the world, but is Zuma the man that raped somebody with HIV and then took a shower thinking that this would remove the risk of infection?
Old Sep 26th 2008, 5:13 pm
BE Forum Addict

Pablo has a reputation beyond reputePablo has a reputation beyond reputePablo has a reputation beyond reputePablo has a reputation beyond reputePablo has a reputation beyond reputePablo has a reputation beyond reputePablo has a reputation beyond reputePablo has a reputation beyond reputePablo has a reputation beyond reputePablo has a reputation beyond reputePablo has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jules Europe
I`m not from your part of the world, but is Zuma the man that raped somebody with HIV and then took a shower thinking that this would remove the risk of infection?
That's your man. Except it wasn't rape, according to some, because when she said "no" she really meant "yes" -- and apparently it's a cultural thing in Zulu culture to give one to a vulnerable young house guest with hiv.
Old Sep 26th 2008, 5:24 pm
Weirdo Latin Dude

Jules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond repute

That's your man. Except it wasn't rape, according to some, because when she said "no" she really meant "yes" -- and apparently it's a cultural thing in Zulu culture to give one to a vulnerable young house guest with hiv.
**** and this man could really become President of South Africa?
Old Sep 26th 2008, 5:29 pm
BE Forum Addict

Daxk has a reputation beyond reputeDaxk has a reputation beyond reputeDaxk has a reputation beyond reputeDaxk has a reputation beyond reputeDaxk has a reputation beyond reputeDaxk has a reputation beyond reputeDaxk has a reputation beyond reputeDaxk has a reputation beyond reputeDaxk has a reputation beyond reputeDaxk has a reputation beyond reputeDaxk has a reputation beyond repute

If the Statements made by his support group (which is substantial)are anything to go by, Not appointing him President will start a series of deaths.
Google ANCYL, Julius Malema, Zuma , free
Old Sep 26th 2008, 5:34 pm
Weirdo Latin Dude

Where I live in Spain, I have met over the years a number of South Africans or residents of South Africa that now live here in Spain. All have said the same story that the political climate of the country and what they describe as frightening crime levels are the main reasons that they have left.

Some of them giving up luxurious homes as well to live in something more modest here in Spain.
Old Sep 26th 2008, 6:10 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Jules Europe
Where I live in Spain, I have met over the years a number of South Africans or residents of South Africa that now live here in Spain. All have said the same story that the political climate of the country and what they describe as frightening crime levels are the main reasons that they have left.

Some of them giving up luxurious homes as well to live in something more modest here in Spain.
Yes, I think people get tired of hearing about people's daughters being raped, or people's grandparents being tortured and killed... and raped too. After a while, a modest little home in sunny Spain begins to sound attractive.
Old Sep 26th 2008, 6:57 pm
Weirdo Latin Dude

Yes, I think people get tired of hearing about people's daughters being raped, or people's grandparents being tortured and killed... and raped too. After a while, a modest little home in sunny Spain begins to sound attractive.
Whereabouts do you live in South Africa?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.