Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Rest of the World > Africa
Reload this Page >

Bring me my machine gun

Bring me my machine gun

Old Sep 23rd 2008, 7:44 am
BE Forum Addict

Daxk has a reputation beyond reputeDaxk has a reputation beyond reputeDaxk has a reputation beyond reputeDaxk has a reputation beyond reputeDaxk has a reputation beyond reputeDaxk has a reputation beyond reputeDaxk has a reputation beyond reputeDaxk has a reputation beyond reputeDaxk has a reputation beyond reputeDaxk has a reputation beyond reputeDaxk has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Bring me my machine gun

Yes, Stanley, quite correct,the voters vote for a party ecause they are thought incapable of differentiating between people, the party chooses managers who choose a leader.
And if you keep a majority of an electorate fed and illiterate,sing lots of songs (Zanu PF springs to mind) then even Idi Amin Dada could rule South Africa.
And there's not much to be done with it.
I have a feeling that the ANC once again proved that it cares more about what the ANC wants than what the Country needs.
I just hope that Kgalema has stepped forward to build a bit of the Charisma that he is so short of as a leader.
Old Sep 23rd 2008, 9:30 am
BE Forum Addict

Daxk has a reputation beyond reputeDaxk has a reputation beyond reputeDaxk has a reputation beyond reputeDaxk has a reputation beyond reputeDaxk has a reputation beyond reputeDaxk has a reputation beyond reputeDaxk has a reputation beyond reputeDaxk has a reputation beyond reputeDaxk has a reputation beyond reputeDaxk has a reputation beyond reputeDaxk has a reputation beyond repute

Section 89 - Removal of President:

1) The National Assembly, by a resolution adopted with a supporting vote of at least two thirds of its members, may remove the President from office only on the grounds of :

a) a serious violation of the Constitution or the law;

b) serious misconduct; or

c) inability to perform the functions of office.

“Section 90 - Acting President

1) When the President is absent from the Republic or otherwise unable to fulfil the duties of President, or during a vacancy in the office of President, an office-bearer in the order below acts as President:

a) The Deputy President.

b) A Minister designated by the President.

c) A Minister designated by the other members of the Cabinet.

d) The Speaker, until the National Assembly designates one of its other members.

2) An Acting President has the responsibilities, powers and functions of the President.

3) Before assuming the responsibilities, powers and functions of the President, the Acting President must swear or affirm faithfulness to the Republic and obedience to the Constitution, in accordance with Schedule 2.

4) A person who as Acting President has sworn or affirmed faithfulness to the Republic need not repeat the swearing or affirming procedure for any subsequent term as Acting President during the period ending when the person next elected President assumes office.”

And the ANC did what....??
Old Sep 23rd 2008, 12:15 pm
BE Enthusiast

Stanley10 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Pablo
As usual you miss the point. Probably deliberately, in your desperate attempt to score petty points.
That you're no fan of democracy? I get it.
Old Sep 23rd 2008, 12:16 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Daxk
Section 89 - Removal of President:

1) The National Assembly, by a resolution adopted with a supporting vote of at least two thirds of its members, may remove the President from office only on the grounds of :

“Section 90 - Acting President

1) When the President is absent from the Republic or otherwise unable to fulfil the duties of President, or during a vacancy in the office of President, an office-bearer in the order below acts as President:

a) The Deputy President.

b) A Minister designated by the President.

c) A Minister designated by the other members of the Cabinet.

d) The Speaker, until the National Assembly designates one of its other members.

2) An Acting President has the responsibilities, powers and functions of the President.

3) Before assuming the responsibilities, powers and functions of the President, the Acting President must swear or affirm faithfulness to the Republic and obedience to the Constitution, in accordance with Schedule 2.

4) A person who as Acting President has sworn or affirmed faithfulness to the Republic need not repeat the swearing or affirming procedure for any subsequent term as Acting President during the period ending when the person next elected President assumes office.”

And the ANC did what....??
Thabo resigned, therefore none of the above.
Old Sep 23rd 2008, 12:48 pm
BE Forum Addict

No Stanley, Thabo resigned and will step down "when all constitutional requirements have been met"
See my previous post.
Mantashe said "the constitution is silent"

Zuma got off on a technicality, thet he had not been heard.
Neither has Thabo.

Kindly show me where he has answered charges relating to the above?

According to Nicholsen (Page 8 point 19) Jacob Zuma has not been proved innocent by Nicholsens finding.

Thats not what the supporters of JZ in the ANC were saying.

with 11 ministers and 4 deputy ministers resigning when Thabo goes,
we have a chance of a opposition party or another bloodless coup.
Old Sep 23rd 2008, 2:50 pm
BE Forum Addict

Pablo has a reputation beyond reputePablo has a reputation beyond reputePablo has a reputation beyond reputePablo has a reputation beyond reputePablo has a reputation beyond reputePablo has a reputation beyond reputePablo has a reputation beyond reputePablo has a reputation beyond reputePablo has a reputation beyond reputePablo has a reputation beyond reputePablo has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Stanley10
That you're no fan of democracy? I get it.
No Stanley, you get nothing. You take words like 'democracy' and bandy them around, turning them into trivial little slogans. But you are too lazy and fatuous to examine what you mean.

In spite of your occasional half-hearted self-pitying denials, you act as an apologist for criminality, barbarity, degradation and tyranny -- and you don't even have the integrity to stay in Africa and live through the corruption you so gleefully support. No, instead you remove yourself to Australia, and sit cheering on the demise of Africa from your comfortable safe haven. It is nauseating.

Lenin, of course, had a word for the likes of you. Useful Idiot. What he meant was those 'intellectuals' who sit and cheer on the revolution from the sidelines -- too self-absorbed, too smug, and too second-rate to realise the implications of what they were supporting. Fools carried along oblivious on the meaningless 'wave of history.'

Lenin had no respect for intellectuals, needless to say. He thought they were weak, spineless and posturing. But, like many a tyrant, he knew he could make use of them.

Yet to describe you as 'intellectual' is perhaps to cheapen that already low and cheapened term.
Old Sep 23rd 2008, 8:55 pm
BE Forum Addict

the party chooses managers who choose a leader.
If I recall, that was also the Politburo.
In the USSR.
Old Sep 24th 2008, 1:04 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Daxk
No Stanley, Thabo resigned and will step down "when all constitutional requirements have been met"
See my previous post.
Mantashe said "the constitution is silent"

Zuma got off on a technicality, thet he had not been heard.
Neither has Thabo.

Kindly show me where he has answered charges relating to the above?

According to Nicholsen (Page 8 point 19) Jacob Zuma has not been proved innocent by Nicholsens finding.

Thats not what the supporters of JZ in the ANC were saying.

with 11 ministers and 4 deputy ministers resigning when Thabo goes,
we have a chance of a opposition party or another bloodless coup.
But the National Assembly didn't remove him, he resigned, points a,b and c only apply if the National Assembly removes him.
Old Sep 24th 2008, 1:05 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Pablo
No Stanley, you get nothing. You take words like 'democracy' and bandy them around, turning them into trivial little slogans. But you are too lazy and fatuous to examine what you mean.

In spite of your occasional half-hearted self-pitying denials, you act as an apologist for criminality, barbarity, degradation and tyranny -- and you don't even have the integrity to stay in Africa and live through the corruption you so gleefully support. No, instead you remove yourself to Australia, and sit cheering on the demise of Africa from your comfortable safe haven. It is nauseating.

Lenin, of course, had a word for the likes of you. Useful Idiot. What he meant was those 'intellectuals' who sit and cheer on the revolution from the sidelines -- too self-absorbed, too smug, and too second-rate to realise the implications of what they were supporting. Fools carried along oblivious on the meaningless 'wave of history.'

Lenin had no respect for intellectuals, needless to say. He thought they were weak, spineless and posturing. But, like many a tyrant, he knew he could make use of them.

Yet to describe you as 'intellectual' is perhaps to cheapen that already low and cheapened term.
Tsk, tsk Pabs, remember play the ball not the man.
Old Sep 24th 2008, 2:05 am
Forum Regular

El_Chango has a brilliant futureEl_Chango has a brilliant futureEl_Chango has a brilliant futureEl_Chango has a brilliant futureEl_Chango has a brilliant futureEl_Chango has a brilliant futureEl_Chango has a brilliant future

All nice and tidy in your mind is it Stan? Can't you hear what Pablo and Daxk are so gently trying to share with you? Deeply, your spirit is flawed. Deeper than mine; it's the only way I noticed.
Old Sep 24th 2008, 2:56 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by El_Chango
All nice and tidy in your mind is it Stan? Can't you hear what Pablo and Daxk are so gently trying to share with you? Deeply, your spirit is flawed. Deeper than mine; it's the only way I noticed.
I hope I'm not around when Pabs stops being gentle.
Personal insults aside, do you actually have anything to add?

Last edited by Stanley10; Sep 24th 2008 at 4:20 am.
Old Sep 24th 2008, 8:09 am
BE Forum Addict

Pablo has a reputation beyond reputePablo has a reputation beyond reputePablo has a reputation beyond reputePablo has a reputation beyond reputePablo has a reputation beyond reputePablo has a reputation beyond reputePablo has a reputation beyond reputePablo has a reputation beyond reputePablo has a reputation beyond reputePablo has a reputation beyond reputePablo has a reputation beyond repute

You seem to forget, when you trot out this wearisome sports analogy, that when the player is an incompetent buffoon, he misses the ball completely.

You present no argument. You have no point. You merely snipe, snipe, snipe.
Old Sep 24th 2008, 11:39 am

Kitten24 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Guys, long time no see/speak/read. I hope everyone is still well.

I've been reading iafrica religiously for the last two weeks and was quick shocked to read about the resigning of all the ministers, Trevor Manuel in particular.

I'm quite interested in hearing your opinions on the current state of affairs and also seeing what predictions you may have as to what effect this will all have. I'm not a fan of Mr Zuma myself, but don't want to get into any arguments over it, just hear whether or not the vibe from other people is negative or positive.
Old Sep 24th 2008, 12:25 pm
BE Forum Addict

Hope you're well Kitten.

Apart from other considerations, President Zuma (God help us!) is going to find it rather difficult to speak out publicly in his capacity as head of state against either corruption or rape.

If he were honourable, he would not stand. Clearly there is no honour among thieves.
Old Sep 25th 2008, 12:04 am
Forum Regular

Pisces has a brilliant futurePisces has a brilliant futurePisces has a brilliant futurePisces has a brilliant futurePisces has a brilliant futurePisces has a brilliant futurePisces has a brilliant future

Hi Kitten,

I may be wrong but I remembering reading you were heading to Oz after visiting SA. Are you settled yet and enjoying life?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.