Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Rest of the World > Africa
Reload this Page >

Bring me my machine gun

Bring me my machine gun

Old Sep 15th 2008, 7:41 am
BE Forum Addict

Daxk has a reputation beyond reputeDaxk has a reputation beyond reputeDaxk has a reputation beyond reputeDaxk has a reputation beyond reputeDaxk has a reputation beyond reputeDaxk has a reputation beyond reputeDaxk has a reputation beyond reputeDaxk has a reputation beyond reputeDaxk has a reputation beyond reputeDaxk has a reputation beyond reputeDaxk has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Bring me my machine gun

My Bad! but the same answer applies,Zuma acknowledged that she had said no but continued regardless.
Old Sep 15th 2008, 12:10 pm
BE Enthusiast

Stanley10 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Daxk
My Bad! but the same answer applies,Zuma acknowledged that she had said no but continued regardless.
We've had this debate before

Well, Much as I hate to admit it, everyone knows it was'nt consensual s*x, Zuma's "Tribal" defence was weak, they could have made more of the lack oil on the sarong as that proves he was lying about the baby oil Massage.
BUT!!!! Stanley10 is correct, the actions of the young woman the next morning in her own testimony and to her confirming that she asked to come back that night are not those of a "usual" date rape Victim , which is what this was.
The 7 minute telephone call to Kasrils and the doctors testimony regarding the potential DNA evidence all conspired to drive a truck width of doubt through, and Kemp Kemp is top drawer.
Yes, I think he raped her but the Judge could not convict on that testimony, and if he had , the appeals court would have overturned it.
The presumption of reasonable doubt is SA's loss but at least it's still there.
Old Sep 15th 2008, 12:20 pm
BE Forum Addict

Pablo has a reputation beyond reputePablo has a reputation beyond reputePablo has a reputation beyond reputePablo has a reputation beyond reputePablo has a reputation beyond reputePablo has a reputation beyond reputePablo has a reputation beyond reputePablo has a reputation beyond reputePablo has a reputation beyond reputePablo has a reputation beyond reputePablo has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Stanley10
You seem to have made the judgement already, no need for a court case then.
A typical Stanley non sequitur.
Old Sep 15th 2008, 12:22 pm
BE Forum Addict

Pablo has a reputation beyond reputePablo has a reputation beyond reputePablo has a reputation beyond reputePablo has a reputation beyond reputePablo has a reputation beyond reputePablo has a reputation beyond reputePablo has a reputation beyond reputePablo has a reputation beyond reputePablo has a reputation beyond reputePablo has a reputation beyond reputePablo has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Africanrose
If there is sufficient evidence to prosecute someone then they should be made to answer the charges. Plain and simple, and regardless of their station.
Glad to hear you think that.
Old Sep 15th 2008, 3:21 pm
BE Forum Addict

Daxk has a reputation beyond reputeDaxk has a reputation beyond reputeDaxk has a reputation beyond reputeDaxk has a reputation beyond reputeDaxk has a reputation beyond reputeDaxk has a reputation beyond reputeDaxk has a reputation beyond reputeDaxk has a reputation beyond reputeDaxk has a reputation beyond reputeDaxk has a reputation beyond reputeDaxk has a reputation beyond repute

I also expect the 7x Mrs Zuma's to sue for divorce on the grounds of Adultery.
Jacobs going to do to the country what he should be doing to them.
Old Sep 15th 2008, 3:59 pm
BE Forum Addict

Stanley, what part of this did you not understand??

DAxk:"Yes, I think he raped her but the Judge could not convict on that testimony, and if he had , the appeals court would have overturned it.
The presumption of reasonable doubt is SA's loss but at least it's still there"

Did he acknowledge that she said No?
Did he continue?
what were his reasons for continueing?
what part of No ,even if it started as consensual s*x dont you understand?
Old Sep 16th 2008, 12:49 am
BE Enthusiast

Where did he acknowledge that she said no?

From Zuma's statement in the judgement:

"Late on that evening of November 2005 we had had sexual intercourse which lasted for some time. This was consensual. At no stage did the complainant say no to any of the actions we performed.”

From the judgement:

"The accused said that had the complainant at any stage informed him that she did not want to have sex or to continue with it he would have stopped and left.”

And the judge appears to have agreed with him.
Old Sep 16th 2008, 7:18 am
BE Forum Addict

Stanley10=3
Daxk=0
Old Sep 16th 2008, 11:24 pm
BE Enthusiast

Stanley10=3
Daxk=0
Every dog has its day
Old Sep 16th 2008, 11:43 pm
BE Forum Addict

Arf!Arf!whine!!
I await mine.
Old Sep 20th 2008, 3:41 pm
BE Forum Addict

Mbeki to resign
http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/new...cle4793945.ece

...Tomorrow belongs to me!
Old Sep 20th 2008, 9:41 pm
Just Joined

northerncapefarmerman is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi there guys. New to the Internet and forums. Interesting what I have read so far.
What a dramatic day it has been here in South Africa. I really did not think they would go ahead and kick the President out.
Of course he deserves what has happened. Anyone who denies the AIDS and Crime problem in this country does not deserve to be in the top job.
But I fear what will happen when Zuma takes over. Is this not the chap who thought that taking a shower was enough to protect himself from HIV? I fear that we will turn into another Zimbabwe. I predict that when Zuma takes over he won't ever leave. The broadcast media (already pretty bad) will become a tool of the state. Minorities and as a result money will leave or be forced to leave the country. Buy hey I am sure that I will be wrong, I guess we have to give the guy a chance.
Cheers,
Rob.
Old Sep 21st 2008, 7:51 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by northerncapefarmerman
Hi there guys. New to the Internet and forums. Interesting what I have read so far.
What a dramatic day it has been here in South Africa. I really did not think they would go ahead and kick the President out.
Of course he deserves what has happened. Anyone who denies the AIDS and Crime problem in this country does not deserve to be in the top job.
But I fear what will happen when Zuma takes over. Is this not the chap who thought that taking a shower was enough to protect himself from HIV? I fear that we will turn into another Zimbabwe. I predict that when Zuma takes over he won't ever leave. The broadcast media (already pretty bad) will become a tool of the state. Minorities and as a result money will leave or be forced to leave the country. Buy hey I am sure that I will be wrong, I guess we have to give the guy a chance.
Cheers,
Rob.
The signs are not good - to put it mildly. Zuma has pretended to be all things to all men, and a focus for every dissatisfaction, however irrational. It won't take long for people to realise that no one can be all things to all men. Then the usual African cycle will start - of blaming the Whites, Indians, racists, neo-colonialists, and so on.

What sort of sick dysfunctional system presents the voters with a choice between Mbeki and Zuma? You might as well just legalise corruption (and rape).

Last edited by Pablo; Sep 21st 2008 at 8:53 am.
Old Sep 23rd 2008, 4:42 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Pablo
What sort of sick dysfunctional system presents the voters with a choice between Mbeki and Zuma?
Not quite true Pabs, the voters don't have a choice between Mbeki and Zuma, that was the ANC's membership's choice for their leader. The voters chose a party to which they give their vote, ANC, DA, IFP etc,etc. This system is called democracy. You may find democracy "sick and dysfunctional" but generally it works.
Old Sep 23rd 2008, 7:42 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Stanley10
Not quite true Pabs, the voters don't have a choice between Mbeki and Zuma, that was the ANC's membership's choice for their leader. The voters chose a party to which they give their vote, ANC, DA, IFP etc,etc. This system is called democracy. You may find democracy "sick and dysfunctional" but generally it works.
As usual you miss the point. Probably deliberately, in your desperate attempt to score petty points.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.