Reload this Page >

Applying for UK child passport from Nigeria

Applying for UK child passport from Nigeria

Old Oct 30th 2015, 10:33 am
Just Joined

vinkeke is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Applying for UK child passport from Nigeria

Hi Lagos2014,

Thank you very much for the clarification.

Since am residing in the UK and my partner (unmarried) is in Nigeria with baby. Can I send my passport to her to go and submit. Or you reckon they will require my presence?. Trying to save on flight.

Anyone please can advice.

Thanks

Thanks
Old Nov 5th 2015, 4:33 am
Just Joined

Lagos2014 is an unknown quantity at this point

Apologies for the delayed reply. It seems by IP was blocked from accessing the site for a while.

I'm not convinced that you would be able to apply by sending your passport to your partner here in Nigeria especially as your child's eligibility for UK citizenship is based on your status and fraud is rife here.

Furthermore in Nigeria the father typically gives consent over the child e.g. If parents are unmarried and mother is travelling with child she must have birth certificate and letter of consent from the father to do so!

I would try calling the VISA office first to confirm if you need to be present when submitting the application and to avoid losing your application fee.

These processes are a pain...never straightforward but your child will greatly benefit from having British citizenship. Most people take this for granted back home but it truly is gold dust.

QUOTE=vinkeke;11782784]Hi Lagos2014,

Thank you very much for the clarification.

Since am residing in the UK and my partner (unmarried) is in Nigeria with baby. Can I send my passport to her to go and submit. Or you reckon they will require my presence?. Trying to save on flight.

Anyone please can advice.

Thanks

Thanks[/QUOTE]
Old Nov 5th 2015, 7:44 am
Just Joined

vinkeke is an unknown quantity at this point

Lagos2014,
Thanks for ur assistance. I appreciate. Can I have the visa section number too or link where to asses d number.
Least I forget, will I be asked for paternity test?. In that case I need to be present.
Most importantly, will they require things like my financial status and to be earning £18,600 according to rules.
Because actually baby mother wants to come to UK (without my involvement) to sit for her medical exams (OSCEs) and I want baby to accompany her and back.

Thanks
Old Nov 5th 2015, 10:21 am
Just Joined

https://uk.tlscontact.com/ng/lgv/pag...id=center_info

Their Application Centre locations are in the link above. I couldn't find a telephone number. However, they may have a "contact us" section on the website.

I really can't advise regarding DNA testing as such because my partner and I are both British nationals and did not have to go through this process.
Old Jan 2nd 2016, 1:46 pm
Just Joined

Just to confirm we travelled to the UK on the 9 Dec and applied for our daughters british passport whilst there. We used a fast track 1 week service which took slightly longer because they wrote to the counter signator for verification.it was definetly much easier getting the certifucate of abode in Nigeria followed by passport in the UK.