Go Back  British Expats > Working Abroad > Working Abroad by Profession > Accountants
Reload this Page >

Working Abroad Forum...so how do the careers get chosen??

Working Abroad Forum...so how do the careers get chosen??

Old Aug 9th 2005, 8:56 pm
BE Enthusiast

Location: Was Kent, UK...now Pacific Pines Gold Coast and loving it
sonictigger has much to be proud ofsonictigger has much to be proud ofsonictigger has much to be proud ofsonictigger has much to be proud ofsonictigger has much to be proud ofsonictigger has much to be proud ofsonictigger has much to be proud ofsonictigger has much to be proud ofsonictigger has much to be proud ofsonictigger has much to be proud ofsonictigger has much to be proud of
Question Working Abroad Forum...so how do the careers get chosen??

Just wondered how the categories get chosen for the jobs abroad section of the forum. I'm an accountant (yea I know...yawn, yawn!!), and I know there are quite a few of us....How do we get our own category, and what is it generally used for???? Job adverts etc??

Guess it's a question for the Mods..
Old Aug 10th 2005, 9:05 am
A former regular of BE

worzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Working Abroad Forum...so how do the careers get chosen??

Originally Posted by sonictigger
Just wondered how the categories get chosen for the jobs abroad section of the forum. I'm an accountant (yea I know...yawn, yawn!!), and I know there are quite a few of us....How do we get our own category, and what is it generally used for???? Job adverts etc??

I think you are right, we need the mods to do it. On the whole I think we mostly know which of us are accountants (even without being able to see the grey suits ) but it would be a good idea to have our own section I reckon as there are quite a few of us. Suggested threads to start us off:

*Major employers
*recruitment agencies
*professional bodies
Old Aug 10th 2005, 1:06 pm
Bix
da Bonehead

Bix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by worzel
I think you are right, we need the mods to do it. On the whole I think we mostly know which of us are accountants (even without being able to see the grey suits ) but it would be a good idea to have our own section I reckon as there are quite a few of us. Suggested threads to start us off:

*Major employers
*recruitment agencies
*professional bodies
Budgetting in dollars.
Social skills using figures.
Two times table revision.

Old Aug 10th 2005, 7:39 pm
BE Enthusiast

sonictigger has much to be proud ofsonictigger has much to be proud ofsonictigger has much to be proud ofsonictigger has much to be proud ofsonictigger has much to be proud ofsonictigger has much to be proud ofsonictigger has much to be proud ofsonictigger has much to be proud ofsonictigger has much to be proud ofsonictigger has much to be proud ofsonictigger has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Bix
Budgetting in dollars.
Social skills using figures.
Two times table revision.

Dollars or Sterling..the budget's still always wrong!!
Some of us can even count to three without the use of a calculator / PC :scared:
Old Aug 11th 2005, 9:03 am
A former regular of BE

worzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond repute

Dollars or Sterling..the budget's still always wrong!!
Some of us can even count to three without the use of a calculator / PC :scared:
Now there is an idea! Set the budget in $, record the actuals in £ and rake in a big bonus at the end of the year when we underspend

Still no news on our request for a sub-forum though. I PM-ed a Mod yesterday and just put a new thread in the general area we are hoping to create in.
Old Aug 11th 2005, 9:35 am
Confused member

SunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud of

This is a really good idea. There are a few of us now and would make sense to have our own little sub-forum as I'm sure any talk of accountancy will bore everyone else rigid!
Old Aug 11th 2005, 9:59 am
Banned

GinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond repute

In case the mods are looking to see how many people are "for" the idea: I think it would be a good idea as well.

Gina
Old Aug 11th 2005, 10:05 am
G'day Sport

Rick C is a glorious beacon of lightRick C is a glorious beacon of lightRick C is a glorious beacon of lightRick C is a glorious beacon of lightRick C is a glorious beacon of lightRick C is a glorious beacon of lightRick C is a glorious beacon of lightRick C is a glorious beacon of lightRick C is a glorious beacon of lightRick C is a glorious beacon of lightRick C is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by SunshineGirl
This is a really good idea. There are a few of us now and would make sense to have our own little sub-forum as I'm sure any talk of accountancy will bore everyone else rigid!
Thats Sounds like a good Idea.
I'm sure all you fully Quals out there wouldn't mind helping out a part qual like me on the road to migration.

Rick
Old Aug 11th 2005, 10:50 am

bondipom is an unknown quantity at this point

Maybe put a thread in the site feedback forum. OK I will put it there for you.
Old Aug 11th 2005, 6:29 pm
BE Enthusiast

Good new guys, it seems we have it...Worzel has said the Sue will set it up, but it might take a bit of time.....good pressure guys.....see all those arguments with non financial bods have stood us in good stead.. Although I do think that moving the boring talk was probably more like it
Old Aug 11th 2005, 6:30 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by bondipom
Maybe put a thread in the site feedback forum. OK I will put it there for you.
Thank you.
Old Aug 12th 2005, 2:54 am
Sue
BE Co-Founder

Sue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond repute

Your wish is my command

Enjoy

Sue
Old Aug 12th 2005, 9:13 am
A former regular of BE

Originally Posted by Sue
Your wish is my command

Enjoy

Sue
Thanks Sue

One small thing - shouldn't there be a link direct to it from the forums homepage like there is for chefs etc? Not the end of the world but us beancounters may not get beyond that page if we aren't listed (we are precious like that )
Old Aug 12th 2005, 9:44 am
Confused member

SunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by worzel
Thanks Sue

One small thing - shouldn't there be a link direct to it from the forums homepage like there is for chefs etc? Not the end of the world but us beancounters may not get beyond that page if we aren't listed (we are precious like that )
The link's there now.
Old Aug 12th 2005, 10:28 am
A former regular of BE

Originally Posted by SunshineGirl
The link's there now.
On here?

http://britishexpats.com/forum/

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.