Go Back  British Expats > Working Abroad > Working Abroad by Profession > Accountants
Reload this Page >

Training for accountancy overseas

Training for accountancy overseas

Old May 13th 2012, 8:51 am
Just Joined

Blunder1983 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Training for accountancy overseas

Hi guys,

A strange conundrum for you, I qualified under the ICAEW a couple of years ago, and joined up with one of the UK's biggest accountancy training providers.

I love the job role but am getting itchy feet and have started to look for similar roles overseas. I was wondering where I would find a similar training setup to the uk and who the big training providers are? I emailed Oz and the chartered guys informed me its all self study so I'm guessing that's out, but hong kong appeals, or Canada.....
Old May 14th 2012, 8:01 am
Forum Regular

JOE2010 is just really niceJOE2010 is just really niceJOE2010 is just really niceJOE2010 is just really niceJOE2010 is just really niceJOE2010 is just really niceJOE2010 is just really niceJOE2010 is just really nice
Default Re: Training for accountancy overseas

Originally Posted by Blunder1983
Hi guys,

A strange conundrum for you, I qualified under the ICAEW a couple of years ago, and joined up with one of the UK's biggest accountancy training providers.

I love the job role but am getting itchy feet and have started to look for similar roles overseas. I was wondering where I would find a similar training setup to the uk and who the big training providers are? I emailed Oz and the chartered guys informed me its all self study so I'm guessing that's out, but hong kong appeals, or Canada.....
Are you a CA yet? If so, then you will qualify for reciprocal membership under the arrangment with ICAA in Australia. It should be easy to get a role in a big four firm.

Probably what you should be worried is the visa if you are keen on moving.
Old May 14th 2012, 6:09 pm
Just Joined

Blunder1983 is an unknown quantity at this point

Sorry, I wasn't very clear, I'm fully qualified, my job now consists of training future accountants, in one of the key providers of ACA tuition.

I was wondering if similar companies operated overseas.
Old May 14th 2012, 9:44 pm
Forum Regular

JOE2010 is just really niceJOE2010 is just really niceJOE2010 is just really niceJOE2010 is just really niceJOE2010 is just really niceJOE2010 is just really niceJOE2010 is just really niceJOE2010 is just really nice

Originally Posted by Blunder1983
Sorry, I wasn't very clear, I'm fully qualified, my job now consists of training future accountants, in one of the key providers of ACA tuition.

I was wondering if similar companies operated overseas.
Yes they do, but I think that the market is much smaller compared to the UK. The ICAA runs its own training through Focus Sessions (compulsory for all CA candidates) and another intensive training called Master Classes (optional and a bit more expensive). We also have other private providers, Kaplan and PLS.

If you join the ICAA through the mutual agreement, there is an option to apply to be a Focus Session leader in the membership section. I have seen UK CA's work as FS leaders so it is doable.

If you are in tuition the universities may be a better bet, I used to work as a sessional tutor a few years ago with one of the universities and found it pretty easy to get the job.
Old May 15th 2012, 1:01 am
Forum Regular

Have a look at these links;

http://www.charteredaccountants.com....B563218AAF4%7D

http://www.plsaustralia.com.au/