Skilled Visa - Accountants

Old Feb 22nd 2011, 7:28 am
Just Joined

mull2010 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Skilled Visa - Accountants

I'm currently in Oz the last 5 months. Being working in an assistant accountant role. I am on a WHV but am keen to stay long term. I was made redundant from my previous job in Feb'10. Can anybody give me a straight answer as to whethe you need to have 12 months post qualified exp in order to apply for the visa?

Thanks
Old Feb 22nd 2011, 11:40 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Skilled Visa - Accountants

It doesn't need to be post qualification, but you do need to have it. "Assistant accountant" might not work, it depends what that entails in your case. You also might need to be fully qualified in order to pass skills assessment.
Old Feb 23rd 2011, 12:09 am
Just Joined

Thanks for that. Does it have to be 12 mths consecutive work experience out of 24 months. In my case I only have 5 mths effectively as I was made redundant almost a year ago to the day.

My role entails balance sheet recs, journals, bank recs, correcting errors in the GL, liasing with other departments and external stakeholders. Sorry forgot to say I am fully qualified ACCA.
Old Feb 23rd 2011, 12:29 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mull2010
Thanks for that. Does it have to be 12 mths consecutive work experience out of 24 months. In my case I only have 5 mths effectively as I was made redundant almost a year ago to the day.

My role entails balance sheet recs, journals, bank recs, correcting errors in the GL, liasing with other departments and external stakeholders. Sorry forgot to say I am fully qualified ACCA.
NO it means 12 months out of 24 months.
Old Feb 23rd 2011, 2:05 am
Just Joined

Thanks that is a relief! Do you know what the current processing times are or is there anyway of finding out? Thanks
Old Mar 18th 2011, 6:33 am
Just Joined

tharindaf is an unknown quantity at this point

hi Mull 2010,

what happenned for your VISA????

i'm also having the same problem. I have worked in the accounting field for the past 5 years. however i qualified in CIMA only on March 2010. Now i have 12 month post qulaified experience and 4 years pre-qualified experience.

Do you think that i will be able to gain 10 marks for the 3 years i have worked before been qualified as an accountant? want to get your advise. ...

thanks