Go Back  British Expats > Working Abroad > Working Abroad by Profession > Accountants
Reload this Page >

Prospects of Masters in Accounts with Australian CPA in India

Prospects of Masters in Accounts with Australian CPA in India

Old Jul 20th 2007, 4:49 pm
Just Joined

Cyrus is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Prospects of Masters in Accounts with Australian CPA in India

Originally Posted by JAJ
I'm really not sure how you interpreted it that way, but it's totally wrong.

Firstly, you don't have to be fully qualified CA/CPA/PNA to get a skill assessment. Secondly, skill assessments from all three assessing authorities are worth 60 points (plus MODL for 2211-11 assessments).

Why don't you look at the ICAA/CPAA/NIA/DIAC websites?
Apologies, my course of Masters in Accounts with CPA extension gives me a additional 24 credit points. I read it wrong that CA will give me only 24 points compared to CPA.
Old Jul 20th 2007, 10:23 pm
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Cyrus
Apologies, my course of Masters in Accounts with CPA extension gives me a additional 24 credit points. I read it wrong that CA will give me only 24 points compared to CPA.
I don't know what you mean by this idea of "24 credit points" but it's got absolutely nothing to do with the points test for Australian immigration.
Old Jul 21st 2007, 1:42 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by JAJ
I don't know what you mean by this idea of "24 credit points" but it's got absolutely nothing to do with the points test for Australian immigration.
Well thats what the Macquarie University site says.
Old Jul 21st 2007, 2:41 pm
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Cyrus
Well thats what the Macquarie University site says.
You might get a more meaningful response if you post the specific link. No-one is going to research the website for you.

Once again - it's not to do with the immigration points test which you can find if you research on http://www.immi.gov.au
Old Jul 26th 2007, 4:28 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by JAJ
You might get a more meaningful response if you post the specific link. No-one is going to research the website for you.

Once again - it's not to do with the immigration points test which you can find if you research on http://www.immi.gov.au
My Apologies Jaj...you are correct, that 24 credit points has nothing to do with the immigration points.
Old Aug 7th 2007, 5:47 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by gak
Hi

Australian CPA is not worth much in Indian Market. As per the taxation laws in India, only an Indian CA can certify the annual accounts. Normally CPA or CIMA will be a good additional qualification to have. But without basic qualification your chances of making it big is bleak. ICAI has no reciprocal arrangement with CPA australia, so you are unlikely to have any leverage on this count.

As JAC often mentions , every country has its list of prestigious qualification, but it may not be well recognized in other countries.

GAK
Hi Gak, few days back I read it on the internet that in March 2007 ICAI have started a dialogue with CPA Australia to sign a MRA (Mutual Recognition Agreement) between them, I hope they do..