Go Back  British Expats > Working Abroad > Working Abroad by Profession > Accountants
Reload this Page >

Okay, I know I said no more study, but.......

Okay, I know I said no more study, but.......

Old Feb 15th 2006, 12:22 am
Forum Regular

Hafan is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Okay, I know I said no more study, but.......

Originally Posted by GinaUK
Hi Sunshine,

I think that's the course that Alan Collett did. He wrote somewhere that when he did it, some assignments were by post. Some were exams and he sat his in London.

Just phone them and ask them where the assessment centres are for exams taken in the UK (there may ve several options). When you've got the answer, please post it here - I'd like to know as well (will be looking into this mid-May when I finish my degree course).

Gina

List of exam centres here:

http://www.usq.edu.au/resources/examcentres205.pdf
Old Feb 15th 2006, 9:19 pm
Banned

GinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Hafan
Hi Hafan,

thanks for the info. Looks like they have two exam centres in the UK: London and Manchester. That'll keep me and Sunshine happy.

(Funny though: The document said London (UK) and Manchester (England). Made me laugh.)

Gina
Old Feb 25th 2006, 3:02 am
Forum Regular

Well, I have taken the plunge and enrolled - just got an email to say they are sending out the study information - will let you know how it goes....

Hafan
Old Feb 25th 2006, 3:47 pm
Banned

GinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Hafan
Well, I have taken the plunge and enrolled - just got an email to say they are sending out the study information - will let you know how it goes....

Hafan
Yes, *please* do let us know. Hope the course material is reasonably interesting and not too tricky and not too many assignments .

Gina
Old Aug 3rd 2006, 12:03 pm
Forum Regular

Hi
Well, its done finished and passed - was okay, two assignments and a exam I took a week of work before each assignment was due and a week to study for the exam - passed no problems. Course was well done, would recomend University of Southern Queensland..... good luck if you are thinking of doing the course...
Hafan
Old Aug 3rd 2006, 3:02 pm
Banned

Congratulations, Hafan!!! Well done!

Husband and I are now enrolled on LAW5219. Two assignments due and one three hour exam. First assignment is due on 21 August; final exam will be in November. It looks interesting and I am glad we are doing it.

Gina
Old Aug 3rd 2006, 3:19 pm
Forum Regular

Husband and I are now enrolled on LAW5219. Two assignments due and one three hour exam. First assignment is due on 21 August; final exam will be in November. It looks interesting and I am glad we are doing it.

Gina

Good luck with it - I actually found the first assignment harder than the second and the exam. Once you get into the lectures on the CD rom from Tom Delany then its easier.
best of luck
hafan
Old Aug 6th 2006, 11:25 am
BE Enthusiast

Location: Was Kent, UK...now Pacific Pines Gold Coast and loving it
sonictigger has much to be proud ofsonictigger has much to be proud ofsonictigger has much to be proud ofsonictigger has much to be proud ofsonictigger has much to be proud ofsonictigger has much to be proud ofsonictigger has much to be proud ofsonictigger has much to be proud ofsonictigger has much to be proud ofsonictigger has much to be proud ofsonictigger has much to be proud of

Gina
Hiya Gina,

Well how spooky is this....I'm on the same course as you!!!!!! I always said no more exams, but looking realistically at work, not fully understanding the tax laws etc means that I am relying on others in my team, and when I sign things off I would like to know if the numbers stack up.

Good luck...it looks well organised doesn't it.

Judith
Old Aug 8th 2006, 2:04 pm
Migration Agent

Location: Offices in Melbourne, Brisbane, Perth, Geelong (Australia), and Southampton (UK)
Alan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond repute

Good luck guys. I did the course 6 years ago ... seems like only yesterday ... NOT!

Best regards.