Go Back  British Expats > Working Abroad > Working Abroad by Profession > Accountants
Reload this Page >

Okay, I know I said no more study, but.......

Okay, I know I said no more study, but.......

Old Feb 9th 2006, 4:42 am
Forum Regular

Hafan is on a distinguished road
Default Okay, I know I said no more study, but.......

I have just got the detail through from the University of Southern Queensland for there combined tax and law paper by distance learning, and it does not look toooooo bad! Has anyone else already done this course? what did you think of it? Is it realy time consuming? - I am kinda of worried that now I have a full time job and young children I'm just not going to get the time. The course is also $1255 so its a lot of money to waste!

Any thoughts appreciated
Thanks
Hafan
Old Feb 9th 2006, 10:20 am
A former regular of BE

worzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Okay, I know I said no more study, but.......

Originally Posted by Hafan
I have just got the detail through from the University of Southern Queensland for there combined tax and law paper by distance learning, and it does not look toooooo bad! Has anyone else already done this course? what did you think of it? Is it realy time consuming? - I am kinda of worried that now I have a full time job and young children I'm just not going to get the time. The course is also $1255 so its a lot of money to waste!

Any thoughts appreciated
Thanks
Hafan
Unless you are into financial accounting spend the money on surf lessons!
Old Feb 10th 2006, 12:20 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by worzel
Unless you are into financial accounting spend the money on surf lessons!

Hi Worzel,

I agree, but unfortunatly in Mandurah there is not a great choice of jobs and I don't want to commute, so I have taken a job at a local accountants.....

Hafan
Old Feb 11th 2006, 12:56 am
A former regular of BE

worzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Worzel,

I agree, but unfortunatly in Mandurah there is not a great choice of jobs and I don't want to commute, so I have taken a job at a local accountants.....

Hafan
It may be worth it then, its not like there's anything on tv at nights to distract you anyway. Might you commute when the rail line opens?
Old Feb 11th 2006, 10:26 am
Confused member

SunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud of

Any thoughts appreciated
Thanks
Hafan
This sounds interesting, can you tell me where you got the information from, please?
Old Feb 12th 2006, 12:29 am
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by worzel
It may be worth it then, its not like there's anything on tv at nights to distract you anyway. Might you commute when the rail line opens?
The original poster doesn't say what visa he has, but ...

if you have a SIR visa then you can't commute (at least not until you get permanent residence).
Old Feb 12th 2006, 7:10 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by SunshineGirl
This sounds interesting, can you tell me where you got the information from, please?

Hi Sunshine Girl

I got the Info from Del Cottam - the Program Administrator at the University of Southern Queensland (07) 4631 1609. The Deadline for joining the course is 17th Feb, for course starting 06th March.

Good luck
Hafan
Old Feb 12th 2006, 7:12 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by JAJ
The original poster doesn't say what visa he has, but ...

if you have a SIR visa then you can't commute (at least not until you get permanent residence).

I'm on a skilled Independent visa, so could commute, but I'm also a single parent, so don't want to spend that much time away from my young kids - maybe when they get older...

Thanks for all the advice
Hafan
Old Feb 12th 2006, 8:21 am
Confused member

SunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud of

Hi Sunshine Girl

I got the Info from Del Cottam - the Program Administrator at the University of Southern Queensland (07) 4631 1609. The Deadline for joining the course is 17th Feb, for course starting 06th March.

Good luck
Hafan

Thanks for that Hafan.
Old Feb 12th 2006, 12:07 pm
Confused member

Hi Sunshine Girl

Good luck
Hafan
Hi Hafan,

Is this course only run once a year or more often?

Also were you accepted straight on to it or did you have to apply for exemptions?

Been looking at various unis on the web and only ECU offers distance learning in WA.
Old Feb 12th 2006, 3:19 pm
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute

H
Been looking at various unis on the web and only ECU offers distance learning in WA.

If it's distance learning, why does it matter what state the university is in?

Jeremy
Old Feb 13th 2006, 12:25 am
Forum Regular

Hi Hafan,

Is this course only run once a year or more often?

Also were you accepted straight on to it or did you have to apply for exemptions?

The course is run three times a year, if you join now the exam is in June. I needed to send a copy of my assessment letter which says that this course is acceptable to ICAA.
They have exam centres all over the world, so you don't even need to be in the country to do the course - although I think its a bit more expensive if you are outside Australia.
Old Feb 13th 2006, 12:28 am
Forum Regular

More details of this course can be found here:

http://www.usq.edu.au/conted/profdev.../osaccprof.htm
Old Feb 13th 2006, 7:01 am
Confused member

Originally Posted by JAJ
If it's distance learning, why does it matter what state the university is in?

Jeremy
It doesn't matter at all, in theory, but it may be handy to use a nearby uni just in case I have to visit.
Old Feb 14th 2006, 9:40 pm
Banned

GinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond repute

It doesn't matter at all, in theory, but it may be handy to use a nearby uni just in case I have to visit.
Hi Sunshine,

I think that's the course that Alan Collett did. He wrote somewhere that when he did it, some assignments were by post. Some were exams and he sat his in London.

Just phone them and ask them where the assessment centres are for exams taken in the UK (there may ve several options). When you've got the answer, please post it here - I'd like to know as well (will be looking into this mid-May when I finish my degree course).

Gina

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.