ICAA or NIA

Old Jan 2nd 2006, 11:48 pm
Migration Agent

Location: Offices in Melbourne, Brisbane, Perth, Geelong (Australia), and Southampton (UK)
Alan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: ICAA or NIA

OK, have spoken with the ICAA this morning, who have confirmed that an up to date CV is all they required for CIMA and CIPFA qualifieds (ditto ICAEW and ICAS qualifieds). An employment reference is NOT required.

If in doubt, T +61 2 9290 5732.

Best regards.
Old Jan 5th 2006, 9:11 pm
Forum Regular

pippin lara has much to be proud ofpippin lara has much to be proud ofpippin lara has much to be proud ofpippin lara has much to be proud ofpippin lara has much to be proud ofpippin lara has much to be proud ofpippin lara has much to be proud ofpippin lara has much to be proud ofpippin lara has much to be proud ofpippin lara has much to be proud ofpippin lara has much to be proud of

Thanks Alan

As mentioned, I'm now free to get the appropriate reference. I have applied for my redundancy and my Director now knows the reasons behind my request!

You note that ICAA have a quick turnaround of 2 weeks. Their website states 12-15 weeks for overseas qualifications. Is this correct?

Thanks David
Old Jan 5th 2006, 9:50 pm
Migration Agent

Location: Offices in Melbourne, Brisbane, Perth, Geelong (Australia), and Southampton (UK)
Alan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond repute

My experience with UK qualifieds though the ICAEW/ICAS/CIMA/ACCA/CIPFA is a couple of weeks ... but don't hold me to it if yours takes longer!

Best regards.

Originally Posted by pippin lara
Thanks Alan

As mentioned, I'm now free to get the appropriate reference. I have applied for my redundancy and my Director now knows the reasons behind my request!

You note that ICAA have a quick turnaround of 2 weeks. Their website states 12-15 weeks for overseas qualifications. Is this correct?

Thanks David
Old Jan 14th 2006, 10:01 pm
Gold Member

skywalker has a reputation beyond reputeskywalker has a reputation beyond reputeskywalker has a reputation beyond reputeskywalker has a reputation beyond reputeskywalker has a reputation beyond reputeskywalker has a reputation beyond reputeskywalker has a reputation beyond reputeskywalker has a reputation beyond reputeskywalker has a reputation beyond reputeskywalker has a reputation beyond reputeskywalker has a reputation beyond repute

Does anyone knows if you are already PNA, how can you get CPA member? I mean, they recognised each other and you can equivalate ? or you need to complete the entire procedure?
Old Jan 14th 2006, 10:48 pm
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by skywalker
Does anyone knows if you are already PNA, how can you get CPA member? I mean, they recognised each other and you can equivalate ? or you need to complete the entire procedure?

Being a PNA does not mean you can become a CPA. See http://www.cpaaustralia.com.au for information on becoming a CPA.

There is such a thing as "Associate" membership of CPAA but it means nothing more than a bachelors degree and it's not really recommended for ACCA/CIMA members as if anything, putting that beside your overseas qualification just devalues it.
Old Jan 15th 2006, 3:13 am
Gold Member

skywalker has a reputation beyond reputeskywalker has a reputation beyond reputeskywalker has a reputation beyond reputeskywalker has a reputation beyond reputeskywalker has a reputation beyond reputeskywalker has a reputation beyond reputeskywalker has a reputation beyond reputeskywalker has a reputation beyond reputeskywalker has a reputation beyond reputeskywalker has a reputation beyond reputeskywalker has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by JAJ
Being a PNA does not mean you can become a CPA. See http://www.cpaaustralia.com.au for information on becoming a CPA.

There is such a thing as "Associate" membership of CPAA but it means nothing more than a bachelors degree and it's not really recommended for ACCA/CIMA members as if anything, putting that beside your overseas qualification just devalues it.
Thanks Jeremy!
I know you said PNA has a smaller reputation compared with ICAA or CPA and I thought that becoming ICAA or CPA would maximize employment opportunities.
So, I guess standard procedure is the point to follow, just in case.
What employment opportunities I'd have as a PNA in Sydney as I am already?
Old May 4th 2006, 5:56 pm
Just Joined

ngahvo is an unknown quantity at this point
Angry Re: ICAA or NIA

Originally Posted by Alan Collett
OK, have spoken with the ICAA this morning, who have confirmed that an up to date CV is all they required for CIMA and CIPFA qualifieds (ditto ICAEW and ICAS qualifieds). An employment reference is NOT required.

If in doubt, T +61 2 9290 5732.

Best regards.

Alan, have found this thread to be very useful. Am in the process of collating all the necessary documents for the skills assessment for the ICAA but the employer references relating to CIMA qualifieds has caused a slight delay in the process. I have tried many times to ring the ICAA on the number above, nobody seems to pick up and I have left several voice messages but they have still not replied to my query. On a separate occasion, I wrote an email to the ICAA and they responded with the statement that you do need work references. Very confused!!!

Just wondering if anyone else is experiencing the same frustrating dilemma that I am in... What annoys me further is that I have done all this "work experience" verification whilst applying for CIMA membership as part of log book but unfortunately the dates signed by my employers were more than 1 year ago - not acceptable according to ICAA!!
Old May 5th 2006, 8:12 am
PJA
Forum Regular

PJA has a brilliant futurePJA has a brilliant futurePJA has a brilliant futurePJA has a brilliant futurePJA has a brilliant futurePJA has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by ngahvo
Alan, have found this thread to be very useful. Am in the process of collating all the necessary documents for the skills assessment for the ICAA but the employer references relating to CIMA qualifieds has caused a slight delay in the process. I have tried many times to ring the ICAA on the number above, nobody seems to pick up and I have left several voice messages but they have still not replied to my query. On a separate occasion, I wrote an email to the ICAA and they responded with the statement that you do need work references. Very confused!!!

Just wondering if anyone else is experiencing the same frustrating dilemma that I am in... What annoys me further is that I have done all this "work experience" verification whilst applying for CIMA membership as part of log book but unfortunately the dates signed by my employers were more than 1 year ago - not acceptable according to ICAA!!

Hi there, sorry can't help you with your query but thought I'd warn you that the processing time with the ICAA is now 6-8 weeks as opposed to 2 weeks!

Try www.gomatilda.com to contact Alan.

Jane
Old May 27th 2006, 10:31 pm
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ngahvo

You've got a few options here:

1. Take Alan's advice to the effect that ICAA do not insist on work references; or

2. Forget ICAA and apply instead to NIA (DIMA won't care)
Old May 28th 2006, 5:19 am
Migration Agent

I again checked with the ICAA earlier this week, and was advised that an up to date CV is needed from CIMA qualified applicants - it was again confirmed that employment references are not needed.

Best regards.