Hours worked in Australia

Old Sep 10th 2005, 3:28 pm
Just Joined

Exiled Gooner is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Hours worked in Australia

I currently have the "pleasure" of working for one of the big 4 firms in New York having transferred from the UK 18 months ago. I am growing tired of working 12-15 hours every day (sometimes weekends) and was considering moving to Australia.

What sort of hours could I expect to work out there, and where are the best cities for work?

Thanks in advance
Old Sep 20th 2005, 2:32 am
She's Diddy, He's Not

diddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Hours worked in Australia

Originally Posted by Exiled Gooner
I currently have the "pleasure" of working for one of the big 4 firms in New York having transferred from the UK 18 months ago. I am growing tired of working 12-15 hours every day (sometimes weekends) and was considering moving to Australia.

What sort of hours could I expect to work out there, and where are the best cities for work?

Thanks in advance
Don't know about the States, but Oz is pretty much down to the employer. I've never worked in practice, but have spent time at co's working long hours in both UK and Oz, however I'm now working at a co that's very 9 to 5 which is great for the family. I suspect it's like the US and all depends on the culture, your boss, workload ect.

Paul.