Go Back  British Expats > Working Abroad > Working Abroad by Profession > Accountants
Reload this Page >

FCCA to one of the Chartered Accountant bodies?

FCCA to one of the Chartered Accountant bodies?

Old Feb 9th 2010, 12:33 pm
BE Forum Addict

louie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond repute
Default FCCA to one of the Chartered Accountant bodies?

Does anyone know if there is any reasonably easy way for a FCCA (currently in practice in the UK and has been for many years) to join any of the worldwide CA bodies, namely those in:

Scotland
Ireland
Australia
Canada
South Africa
Zimbabwe
New Zealand

I already know about the ICAEW's Pathway to Membership route.

(Not for me, for a colleague!)
Old Feb 9th 2010, 2:07 pm
Forum Regular

stephen284362 is just really nicestephen284362 is just really nicestephen284362 is just really nicestephen284362 is just really nicestephen284362 is just really nicestephen284362 is just really nicestephen284362 is just really nicestephen284362 is just really nicestephen284362 is just really nicestephen284362 is just really nicestephen284362 is just really nice
Default Re: FCCA to one of the Chartered Accountant bodies?

Originally Posted by louie
Does anyone know if there is any reasonably easy way for a FCCA (currently in practice in the UK and has been for many years) to join any of the worldwide CA bodies, namely those in:

Scotland
Ireland
Australia
Canada
South Africa
Zimbabwe
New Zealand

I already know about the ICAEW's Pathway to Membership route.

(Not for me, for a colleague!)
I know there is definitely not a reciprocal agreement for Australia so you would have to sit more exams (I'm an FCCA and have researched this for my future move to Oz) and there is not one for Scotland either. Hopefully others can help with the rest.
Old Feb 10th 2010, 12:08 pm
Forum Regular

Blendin is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: FCCA to one of the Chartered Accountant bodies?

None exists for Institute of Chartered Accountants of Ontario. Also, residency is required.

Last edited by Blendin; Feb 10th 2010 at 12:12 pm.