External Auditor

Old Jul 30th 2011, 7:00 am
Just Joined

satyams is an unknown quantity at this point
Post External Auditor

Dear All,

I am planning to move to Australia under visa, either of, 175/176. I have a doubt regarding occupation selection. I am CA from India and my working experience is from Big4 in india and Dubai(UAE). I was just wondering which occupation should i select? should i select External Auditor or Accountant (General) for skill assessment purpose. As i mentioned above, my work experience includes assurance services from big4 form india and UAE. Are there any implications/ special factors i need to consider if select External auditor as occupation, as the external auditor profession is regulated by law or accounting bodies.

As an external auditor, what are the job prospects in Australia? I am planning to do CA form ICAA once land in australia.

Pls somebody throw some light on this.

Thanks in advance
SatyamS

Last edited by satyams; Jul 30th 2011 at 7:12 am.
Old Aug 3rd 2011, 3:14 pm
Forum Regular

JOE2010 is just really niceJOE2010 is just really niceJOE2010 is just really niceJOE2010 is just really niceJOE2010 is just really niceJOE2010 is just really niceJOE2010 is just really niceJOE2010 is just really nice
Default Re: External Auditor

Originally Posted by satyams
Dear All,

I am planning to move to Australia under visa, either of, 175/176. I have a doubt regarding occupation selection. I am CA from India and my working experience is from Big4 in india and Dubai(UAE). I was just wondering which occupation should i select? should i select External Auditor or Accountant (General) for skill assessment purpose. As i mentioned above, my work experience includes assurance services from big4 form india and UAE. Are there any implications/ special factors i need to consider if select External auditor as occupation, as the external auditor profession is regulated by law or accounting bodies.

As an external auditor, what are the job prospects in Australia? I am planning to do CA form ICAA once land in australia.

Pls somebody throw some light on this.

Thanks in advance
SatyamS
I do not think it matters, I was ex-audit and chose accountant.

ICAA partially recognizes the Institute of Chartered Accountants of India, and if you have an accounting degree you may qualify for positive migration assessment, but you have have to sit for Taxation law to become a full member and satisfy experience requirements. If you have worked with Big Four it should not be hard to get a job - probably at a lower level unless you are too picky.

Good luck.