Completing CV

Old Apr 8th 2010, 7:54 pm
Just Joined

sunsetdawny is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Completing CV

Hi

I was wondering whether someone would be able to help me. I have recently signed up with an immigration agent and have all my forms to submit to immigration to start the process. I have to submit my cv and was wondering the level of detail that they will be looking for. Usually with cvs when submitting for jobs the general rule is to keep them to two pages. Any tips as to how much detail is required would be gratefully received.

thanks

Dawn
Old Apr 9th 2010, 6:08 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Completing CV

I think that sticking to 2 pages is very old fashioned thinking. I started work in 1992 and there is no way I could get everything I have done plus the basic background / education type info into two pages.

My recommendation is to not overthink this, just use the CV you have found to be successful in the UK.
Old Apr 10th 2010, 3:14 am
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute

For immigration purposes, I would suggest a different focus to a jobs based CV, and probably more detail. That is a discussion that should happen with the agent.
Old Apr 10th 2010, 6:38 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by JAJ
For immigration purposes, I would suggest a different focus to a jobs based CV, and probably more detail. That is a discussion that should happen with the agent.
For immigration purposes, I managed to get a visa without providing a CV at all, although I did provide a list of past employers and some bullet points on duties.