Go Back  British Expats > Working Abroad > Working Abroad by Profession > Accountants
Reload this Page >

Average salary and benefits for accountants in the Caribbean or Barbados?

Average salary and benefits for accountants in the Caribbean or Barbados?

Old May 23rd 2010, 1:53 pm
Just Joined

Westcoastbajan is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Average salary and benefits for accountants in the Caribbean or Barbados?

Can anyone give me some feedback about their accounting experiences in the Caribbean? My Brother is taking his Florida CPA exam sometime this year. Like me we were born in Barbados so it is easy for us to move back and I am trying to convince him to at least spend several years as an accountant in the Caribbean. Need some ammunition for my argument and any advice would be greatly appreciated.
Old May 23rd 2010, 2:12 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Average salary and benefits for accountants in the Caribbean or Barbados?

It might make sense to actually look for job adverts in those locations to get an idea of salary. I personay don't think it is possible to say what the average salary for accountants is without knowing what level and how much experience the particular accountant has.

I worked in Bermuda for two years, I know some accountants that earned about $80k and others on about $300k.
Old May 23rd 2010, 2:32 pm
Just Joined

Default Re: Average salary and benefits for accountants in the Caribbean or Barbados?

Thanks for the quick reply Bermudashorts but the local adverts in the newspapers in Barbados and websites of the Big 4 lack any information about salaries and benefits.
Old May 23rd 2010, 3:22 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond repute

OK, in that case, it might be worth mentioning what level the accountant is because salaries vary so much according to level.
Old May 23rd 2010, 3:41 pm
Just Joined

He would just be coming out of University with a Masters in Accounting. No experience in accounting.
Old May 27th 2010, 11:06 am
Just Joined

Steve Jennings is just really niceSteve Jennings is just really niceSteve Jennings is just really niceSteve Jennings is just really niceSteve Jennings is just really niceSteve Jennings is just really niceSteve Jennings is just really niceSteve Jennings is just really nice

Is there much demand for accountants in the Caribbean and Barbados - any pointers on a good place to look for positions there?
Old May 27th 2010, 3:48 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Steve Jennings
Is there much demand for accountants in the Caribbean and Barbados - any pointers on a good place to look for positions there?
There is a demand because all the off shore insurance and banks. Just learning myself but Hamilton Recruitment always seems to have a need for accountants.

http://www.hamilton-recruitment.com/