Go Back  British Expats > Working Abroad > Working Abroad by Profession > Accountants
Reload this Page >

Any ACCAS/FCCAS registered with Ca or Cpa australia?

Any ACCAS/FCCAS registered with Ca or Cpa australia?

Old Nov 28th 2011, 6:26 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Any ACCAS/FCCAS registered with Ca or Cpa australia?

What are you trying to do Percy? Start studying for CA exams? Skills assessment? It is not clear.
Old Nov 28th 2011, 6:44 am
Just Joined

sgsenja is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Bermudashorts
What are you trying to do Percy? Start studying for CA exams? Skills assessment? It is not clear.
Hi, apologies for not making myself clear. I just wanted to study for the CA exams.

Regards
Percy.
Old Nov 29th 2011, 9:34 am
Just Joined

sgsenja is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by sgsenja
Hi, to those who enrolled into Australia CA based on ACCA qualification and full ACCA membership:

May I know whether or not you were told to pay AUD350 to ICAA to get the standard assessment on ACCA qualification done?

I was told by the customer transactions team that ACCA is overseas qualification, that's why I have to do so, notwithstanding that I'm a FCCA.

However, I noted from the ICAA's website that ACCA is considered a partially recognised qualification and therefore, no pre-assessment is needed.

While waiting for the customer transaction team to clarify the above, I'd like to find out from your experience.

Thank you.

Regards
Percy
Hi All

Just got a confirmation from the customer transaction team that no assessment is required. Thank you for your time.

Regards
Percy
Old Feb 13th 2012, 8:29 pm
Just Joined

sami12185 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by JohnJ
Just to update...I registered with CPA Australia earlier this year and have just taken two segments this week...have to say quite honestly, compared to ACCA exams which I took ten years ago (when I was younger and found it easier to learn new things) the CPAA segments (which were both in subject areas not previously covered in my ACCA studies) were a joke- ridiculously easy.

Exams were open book, mostly multiple choice and to a large extent the sequence of the exam questions on the paper followed the chronological sequence of the study materials- while one obviously needed to spend time indexing and reviewing the study materials content, the level of understanding, critical analysis and problem solving (this last area, nil required) being asked of candidates would be more akin to UK and Irish technician level than professional level

All of which makes me mad, mostly with ACCA for their competitive stance in Australia, but also with CPA Australia and ICAA both of whom regard my ACCA qualification as worth nothing more than a regular degree.

I have no difficulty with completing bridging modules in areas like tax but I think ACCA deserves more respect...

So now, rant over...
Hello
i read your post so decided that you are the right person to consult with actually i Am a student doing ACCA and my only option are left have experience of about six months in an accounting firm what i want to ask is that i want to come to Australia to pursue my profession so that type of opportunities are available in Australia for ACCA is it possible to get job in Australia having ACCA as a highest qualification especially in big four firms and another thing i want to ask is that i am planning to go for ICAEW after completing my ACCA while working in Australia so what type of support,options and opportunities are available for ICAEW in Australia are there firms and employers who can give articles/practical experience act as a mentor for ICAEW over there please guide me through pm me if possible will be waiting for your reply

Regards
sami
Old Sep 13th 2012, 8:00 pm
Just Joined

mehdi_badami2003 is an unknown quantity at this point

can anyone tell me how much exemptions would i get after CPA Australia in ICAA? thanks in advance
Old Sep 14th 2012, 2:51 am
Forum Regular

JOE2010 is just really niceJOE2010 is just really niceJOE2010 is just really niceJOE2010 is just really niceJOE2010 is just really niceJOE2010 is just really niceJOE2010 is just really niceJOE2010 is just really nice

Originally Posted by mehdi_badami2003
can anyone tell me how much exemptions would i get after CPA Australia in ICAA? thanks in advance
None. Why would you do CPA then want exemptions for ICAA? You may as well do ICAA.